News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

I wonder how much people actually pay for it...

Started by Tupin, June 03, 2008, 11:22:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

I was just looking up Australian Christmas traditions because I can, and I noticed a little bit of interesting info in the section about Christmas Crackers. (cardboard tubes wrapped in paper, you pull it apart and a prize comes out)

Apparently during the 2001 Christmas season in RuneScape, they released a version on the server, and discontinued the item after Christmas. It is now the most valuable item in RuneScape, and people sometimes spend hundreds of dollars in real life just to get it.  :|

Reminds me of that guy who spent $100000 dollars buying his own island in Second Life, except you can't accidentally drop it or give it away.  :D

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

LinkXLR

That's me. :D ^

Also, join the Steam Nsider group for maximum fun.
Steam ID: KarthXLR

Shujinco2

Hundereds of dollars? 0_o What's the point? For hundereds of dollars, you could get hacking lessons and hack the game so you get as many as you want, so what's the point of paying that much for ONE?

And also, on RUNESCAPE? That's as nerdy as it gets. I don't even think I could compete with that level of nerdiness.

Oh, also:

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 03, 2008, 11:22:29 AM
I was just looking up Australian Christmas traditions because I can,

:D LOL. Can't argue with that logic! :D :D :D

Zovistograt

$100k for an island in Second Life...I've seen someone who's really into that play it, and I must say, if you are a crazy-rich guy with no life, owning an island in that game could be really cool.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)