News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Nice job admins.

Started by _Ichimaru_Gin_, January 13, 2008, 06:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Ichimaru_Gin_

I haven't been able to log-in until a few minutes ago. I sent Snorkel a pm on Boyah around 3, so that the admins would know about the problem. Good job getting on top of that. Seriously, you guys deserve a medal or something. Maybe we need some competent admins, like JMV, who would have started working on the problem when notified about it.

ThePowerOfOne

I just finally got to log in now too.

Helios

Sites have unexpected problems all the time. Just kill time with something else till the problem's fixed. Not that big of a deal.

_Ichimaru_Gin_

Quote from: Helios on January 13, 2008, 07:03:21 PM
Sites have unexpected problems all the time. Just kill time with something else till the problem's fixed. Not that big of a deal.
Yes big deal. If the admins are so capable of handling the site, why should it take all day to fix a problem that they were informed of?

Did you try all three of the login boxes?
...̅̅̅

_Ichimaru_Gin_

Quote from: LiveOnTheEdge on January 13, 2008, 07:07:43 PM
Did you try all three of the login boxes?
Yes, multiple times. Even tried logging in with a proxy.

Matt

Quote from: _Ichimaru_Gin_ on January 13, 2008, 07:06:43 PM
Yes big deal. If the admins are so capable of handling the site, why should it take all day to fix a problem that they were informed of?

lol is Nsider your hot sex or something? I agree with Helios, Sites have Problem, just because it took so long doesn't mean nobody was working on it.

_Ichimaru_Gin_

Quote from: ChunkeyMunkey on January 13, 2008, 07:15:30 PM

lol is Nsider your hot sex or something? I agree with Helios, Sites have Problem, just because it took so long doesn't mean nobody was working on it.
It is when I was supposed to go snowboarding today but my friends parents took his car for the day and we couldn't go.

Helios

It seems you have no idea of how sites run. Depending on the severity of the problem, the time needed to fix it may take anywhere between a few minutes to a few hours or longer. Secondly, the admins don't spend all of their time on this site, so of course they're not going to respond the second you inform them of the problem.

Patience is a virtue.

_Ichimaru_Gin_

Quote from: Helios on January 13, 2008, 07:18:46 PM
It seems you have no idea of how sites run. Depending on the severity of the problem, the time needed to fix it may take anywhere between a few minutes to a few hours or longer. Secondly, the admins don't spend all of their time on this site, so of course they're not going to respond the second you inform them of the problem.

Patience is a virtue.

Yes but he was on at the time I sent him the pm, so he knew of the problem since around then. When you admin a site you should make it an enjoyable experience for the users. The admins that were logged in today posted normally and didn't even make a thread saying that they were working on the problem, nor did they inform us that it was fixed.
When you run a forum and there is a problem, you should at least have the courtesy to inform the users that there is a problem and that they are working on it.

Friendly Hostile

I suggest you take your avatar's advice and quit whining.
It got fixed.
If you can't live without this site for a little while, get a intercourse ing life.

Totla

whinewhinewhinewhinewhinewhine

Silverhawk79

Except for, you know, I couldn't log in to fix it either.
^____________________________________^