News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Would this be excusable...

Started by Shujinco2, June 10, 2008, 12:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shujinco2

If I hacked a pokemon onto my game, but it's a perfect replica of a pokemon on a game that I can't connect Pearl up with?

For instance, let's say I had a Feraligator in Gold that I wanted in Pearl. Now, since I wouldn't be able to connect Pearl and Gold to trade, I would hack him into Pearl, exact stats, exact moves (With some exceptions, depending on the moves.), exact everything.

Would this be acceptible, despite being hacked?

thunderhero4

Why wouldnt it be? Any prick who thinks hacking is for gay people and the like needs to grow up and get some balls. >:(

Hacking is sometimes the only way to get some things!

THEEVILSPERKY

I believe the whole EV/IV system is different.. and I believe it lets you max out all your stats and doesn't limit EV gains.. so.. you'll probably end up with a more powerful creature than what you could have raised strictly in D/P.. which doesn't seem fair at all considering it's nothing more than a hack, even if the intention is to "transfer" an older Pokemon you do technically have.

If you're going to have something in D/P that's hacked, in should stay within the boundaries of what's legit as far as stats and move-sets go... but what's the point of hacking for something you can have anyways.

Just raise up another "Feraligator" in your new game and make it match the one in your old game best you can.  Get the same move-set, EV train to make stats similar, etc.

It wasn't only the fact that the systems the games were on changed, it was also the mechanics within the game.. so there's no place for R/B/Y/G/S/C creatures in gen3 and on.
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite