News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

EVs in the D/P Pokemon League (guide)

Started by bluaki, July 09, 2008, 01:56:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluaki

Well, here's a bunch of numbers I got from looking at Serebii's individual Pokedex pages for each Elite Four pokemon then adding up. First it's the amount of EVs a single Pokemon would get from either holding Exp. Share during the entire Elite Four battle or fighting every single E4 Pokemon. Second are if the same thing happened but only during one of the trainers of the Elite Four (like if you are switching the pokemon that is holding the Exp. Share between trainers). Third I listed each of the E4 pokemon with what EVs they each give. The last part is the EVs a Pokemon would have after training solely on E4 after being maxed.

Note that I'm using E4, Elite Four, and Pokemon League interchangeably to refer to all five battles. Don't get confused because of the Elite Four technically not including the Champion as I consider her part of the E4 in this whole post.

My comment: the Elite Four gives pretty low amount of HP, Attack, and especially Speed EVs. If you want a fast pokemon that you don't want to completely EV train (or one with high physical attack or HP) yet use Elite Four w/ exp share to level up, you might want to consider doing a bit of EV training or stat-boosting items for the lacking stats. Personally, I usually train Pokemon from 1 to 100 solely on Elite Four while using the Exp Share, so these numbers really help me and tell me that I should do something else to balance the lack of speed, attack, and/or HP.

Also, if you face the Elite Four multiple times in a row with a newly hatched or caught pokemon (no EVs) that is holding the Exp Share the entire time, you would max out the Pokemon's EVs after 9 full E4 rounds (that adds up to a little more than 510, so the EVs are maxed after getting 3 EVs from Cynthia). Such a Pokemon's final EVs are at the end of this post.

Entire Elite Four:
08 HP
07 Attack
14 Defense
12 Special Attack
11 Special Defense
06 Speed
EV sum: 58

Aaron:   0 HP, 2 Attack, 3 Defense, 3 Sp.Atk, 4 Sp.Def, 0 Speed (Total: 12)
Bertha:  4 HP, 0 Attack, 7 Defense, 0 Sp.Atk, 0 Sp.Def, 0 Speed (Total: 11)
Flint:   2 HP, 1 Attack, 2 Defense, 0 Sp.Atk, 0 Sp.Def, 4 Speed (Total: 09)
Lucian:  0 HP, 0 Attack, 1 Defense, 5 Sp.Atk, 3 Sp.Def, 2 Speed (Total: 11)
Cynthia: 2 HP, 4 Attack, 1 Defense, 4 Sp.Atk, 4 Sp.Def, 0 Speed (Total: 15)

Dustox:    3 Sp.Def
Heracross: 2 Attack
Vespiquen: 1 Defense, 1 Sp.Def
Beautifly: 3 Sp.Atk
Drapion:   2 Defense

Quagsire:  2 HP
Hippowdon: 2 Defense
Sudowoodo: 2 Defense
Whiscash:  2 HP
Golem:     3 Defense

Rapidash:  2 Speed
Infernape: 1 Attack
Steelix:   2 Defense
Lopunny:   2 Speed
Drifblim:  2 HP

MrMime:    2 Sp.Def
Girafarig: 2 Sp.Atk
Medicham:  2 Speed
Alakazam:  3 Sp.Atk
Bronzong:  1 Defense, 1 Sp.Def

Spiritomb: 1 Defense, 1 Sp.Def
Garchomp:  3 Attack
Gastrodon: 2 HP
Milotic:   2 Sp.Def
Roserade:  3 Sp.Atk
Lucario:   1 Attack, 1 Sp.Atk

Sum of EVs on a Pokemon which holds the Exp Share the whole duration of 9 Pokemon League rounds minus one Cynthia battle:
070 HP
059 Attack
125 Defense
104 Special Attack
095 Special Defense
054 Speed
Total: 507 (I don't know the order that Cynthia will send out her Pokemon against you, so calculate those last three points yourself since the cap is 510)

jnfs2014

Awesome E4 Guide, Blukai. I will use it from now on.