News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Pokemon Platinum coming Sept. 13th to Japan.

Started by Daft Pink, July 10, 2008, 11:55:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daft Pink

Any of you guys gonna import it? It's confirmed it's coming out Sept. 13th in Japan.

Anyways, here's some new stuff that was announced translated form the August Coro Coro issue.

Quote(1) New story! Hunt down Team Galactic (again!)

* Interpol arrives!
    * A new member has joined the team!
    * (Both Dialga and Palkia appear at Spear Pillar)

(2) Sinnoh now has its own Battle Frontier!

* The Battle Frontier arrives in the Fight Area! It?s now a part of the Battle Tower!
    * Exchange Battle Points (BP) at various new facilities!

(3) New Wi-Fi capabilities!

* Each Pokemon Center?s basement level has been expanded and now has new facilities that can support up to 20 player playing at the same time!
    * Play new Poffin making game inside Swalot?s mouth (a Swalot-shaped machine, not an actual Swalot)

(4) New GTS capabilities! Battle Recorder confirmed!

* There is a new GTS in Jubilife City! It has new facilities, including a Global Terminal!
    * New item: Battle Recorder: Record videos of your matches and share them with the world!

Shaymin?s secret forme change procedures (This mostly reiterates what we already knew from previous updates)

1. Receive Shaymin via Wi-Fi to Diamond/Pearl at movie theatres
   2. Transfer the Shaymin to Platinum
   3. In Floarama Town, receive the Flower of Glacidea!
   4. Use the Flower of Glacidea on Shaymin!
   5. Shaymin changes from Land Forme to Sky Forme (Grass/Flying, 0.4m, 5.2kg, Ability: Serene Grace)

Giratina?s forme change is a mystery!

* Use of Origin Forme is exclusive to Ruined World (Another Forme everywhere else).
    * Origin Forme ability = Levitate? Hard to read due to blurry scan
    * More info about how Giratina changes forme will be revealed in the next issue!

Cornwad

Looks like fun, I'll be sure to buy it. I probably won't import it though, I imported Pearl when it first came out and it wasn't that much fun. It took me months to figure out why some people wouldn't let me into some buildings :P

20 player Wifi is going to be strange... but it sounds fun. :)

Nobody

wait, sheimi has a new forme?! I heard that was a hoax.......what's it look like, I'm not believing it until I see a picture.

Nobody

Quote from: Nobody on July 10, 2008, 04:36:15 PM
wait, sheimi has a new forme?! I heard that was a hoax.......what's it look like, I'm not believing it until I see a picture.
NVM, I looked it up myself. It looks WEIRD X.X How does it go from adorable little hedgehog to that......thing?

bluaki

Quote from: Cornwad on July 10, 2008, 11:59:33 AM
Looks like fun, I'll be sure to buy it. I probably won't import it though, I imported Pearl when it first came out and it wasn't that much fun. It took me months to figure out why some people wouldn't let me into some buildings :P
I imported Diamond at Christmas time a couple months after it was released (in 2006) and I was able to figure almost everything out even though the only text I could read was names of Pokemon and towns. I finished the Elite Four multiple times and trained my Glaceon to lv82 before the games were even available in America and still have more than twice as much playtime on Japanese than English version. I (probably) won't import Platinum since one game out of the set is enough to import and region compatibility issues are too annoying.

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Nobody on July 10, 2008, 04:50:18 PM
NVM, I looked it up myself. It looks WEIRD X.X How does it go from adorable little hedgehog to that......thing?
Looks like my Chihuahua :)

Nobody

Quote from: Phaze on July 10, 2008, 05:33:54 PM
......right.......

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Nobody on July 10, 2008, 05:46:35 PM
......right.......
Well it does D:

If it were green, anyway.

Nobody

Quote from: Phaze on July 10, 2008, 05:59:48 PM
Quote from: Nobody on July 10, 2008, 05:46:35 PM
......right.......
Well it does D:

If it were green, anyway.
yeah, wasn't really denying that, just......yeah.......