News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Plot twist: Members of the Month and S.I.T.

Started by Vaatix, February 01, 2008, 12:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Java

Congrats. :)
Hopefully you'll be able to contribute to this forum.

And I think the people who are saying it's a popularity contest mean that they're popular with the staff?

Genius

Triforceman22

Quote from: Genius on February 02, 2008, 09:04:55 PM
Be afraid, be very afraid.

Who's that guy in your sig?

it's been bothering me for a while.... DX

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Kaz

Quote from: Genius on February 02, 2008, 09:04:55 PM
Be afraid, be very afraid.

You can't join two sentences like that with a comma unless you're using a conjunction.

You're slipping, Genius.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Cardinal

Genius

Quote from: Triforceman22 on February 02, 2008, 11:10:42 PM
Who's that guy in your sig?

it's been bothering me for a while.... DX

Asch from Tales of the Abyss.

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on February 02, 2008, 11:59:27 PM
You can't join two sentences like that with a comma unless you're using a conjunction.

You're slipping, Genius.

/ns ghost Kazooie-Banjo

Kayo

it hasnt been lowered yet? 5 months is STILL too long...these forums havent even been up for 5 months! >:(
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

bluaki

Quote from: KAOS on February 03, 2008, 03:14:02 PM
it hasnt been lowered yet? 5 months is STILL too long...these forums havent even been up for 5 months! >:(
There's no problem with the time limit, in my opinion. Shortening it would only mean that the staff has to settle for people that might not be so suiting for the position just because there isn't that much to choose from.

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: KAOS on February 03, 2008, 03:14:02 PM
As it's been already stated elsewhere, a longer amount of time makes it easier to get poop done.  Some things cannot be done in a month.  A constant changing of those in the position causes confusion and slows the process down immensely.

But oh wait, we must cater to your every whim to make sure you're happy.  God forbid we actually try and improve this place.

Genius

Yeah, I don't see how five months is too long.  Face it, the only reason you want it lowered is so you have a chance. 

Personally, and I'm not saying this just because I'm in the position now, I think it should be permanent.  Not entirely permanent.  The group should be chosen as it has been, and if someone better comes along, the weak link of the current group is removed in favor of that person.

Making it necessary to shuffle the people around every so often doesn't make sense to me.  One group may not work as well as the one before it did.  By the time one group is removed, they're likely just getting used to working together at that stuff.  I can't really see the point to removing them on any regular basis. 

bluaki

Quote from: Genius on February 03, 2008, 08:43:36 PMYeah, I don't see how five months is too long.  Face it, the only reason you want it lowered is so you have a chance.
and there, the reason of lowering the time limit being bad is actually shown. Lowering the time limit makes the members who have to be picked be ones that won't be as good. For something like this, it's best to have the best people working on it rather than cycles with worse people added in. Like for Members of the Month, there were specific choices (or was a specific choice) that I won't name who seem to have been picked only because everybody else who seemed to truly deserve the rank was picked already.

Quote from: Genius on February 03, 2008, 08:43:36 PM
The group should be chosen as it has been, and if someone better comes along, the weak link of the current group is removed in favor of that person.
Except that a fixed amount of SIT members isn't necessary. On one hand, people who have the rank can be voted off because of not doing what they should or they can quit. On the other, newer members who prove themselves extremely worthy can be added.

Genius

Quote from: bluaki on February 03, 2008, 09:55:10 PM
Except that a fixed amount of SIT members isn't necessary. On one hand, people who have the rank can be voted off because of not doing what they should or they can quit. On the other, newer members who prove themselves extremely worthy can be added.

Yes, quite true.  There's no reason it has to stay at the current number, really.  It wouldn't be a good idea to let it get out of hand, but adding a few without removing isn't a problem.  If everyone currently involved is doing their part just fine, there's no reason to remove them.  However, if someone proves to be counter-productive to the advancement of the group and forum as a whole, they should be removed.

Really, above all, what matters is keeping the group in whatever shape makes it perform best.  A lot of factors play into that.  Each individual member needs to work together well with the others.  That's not something we need to worry about yet, though.  I think everyone currently involved should be fine.

Jono2

it doesn't make sense to have you guys in for 5 months.  this forum won't be around in that amount of time, because Nsider will be back. :|

not saying that there should be a complete overhaul of the SIT in X number of months, that there should be a vote, and whoever is contributing the least, or whoever by general consensus should be kicked out should be kicked, and others should be voted in.

I know it, you all know it. 5 months is far too long because at least half of you (well, half of the site, more likely much more than that) won't be around here in that amount of time.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Macawmoses

There is still no official confirmation of Nsider. Also, if this forum won't be around 5 months, then why worry who is in power?

Jono2

Quote from: mackormoses on February 04, 2008, 07:47:02 AM
There is still no official confirmation of Nsider. Also, if this forum won't be around 5 months, then why worry who is in power?

there is no worry.  but if it lasts 5 months, this supposed "work" that you're doing (which I don't see happening now, even though Genius claims that it'll be cut short if the time is anything less than 5 months) will give you a sense that you have all the time in the world to do it with.

also, there will be a few people who leave the forums within 5 months.

a shorter work period gets things done faster.

I just don't see why it has to be 5 months.  not like it takes that long for a group of individuals to decide on what's wrong with the site.  that can be done in an afternoon that you all have off.  it doesn't take nearly that long, and more viewpoints on the website means different things will be found that need improvement.

Edit:  not to mention that giving users special ranks like this only continues the Nsider tradition of giving special ranks to "those who deserve it", instilling a social hierachy and making certain users jealous.

Pseudo Edit:  If the SIT is elected, it shouldn't be self-elected.  it should be elected by the rest of the forum.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen