News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

When Generation 5 comes around...

Started by Rayquarian, July 11, 2008, 02:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mario59

Well, I was thinking that, but I did not think that it would be as easy to introduce as you might think. I was thinking more along the lines of, maybe every region,and a much better story. Maybe complicated was not the right word...
Betrayal, even unwilling, will sometimes be forgiven, but oftentimes the friendship will never heal, and the lost trust will never be regained.

Sig by Star.

SSBB FC: 2664-3293-2320

Level_9_Chao

The thing is, though, can a DS fit all that region-age into a single cart? The next "version" will almost surely be for a handheld, and the DS is only so big.

Also, the story... Can we really get that expansive without relying on the now-cliche but necessary components of Pokemon--the evil Pokemon organization, defeating them, and then beating the Elite Four with your new legendary?
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

JrDude

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on July 11, 2008, 10:59:44 PM
The thing is, though, can a DS fit all that region-age into a single cart? The next "version" will almost surely be for a handheld, and the DS is only so big.

Also, the story... Can we really get that expansive without relying on the now-cliche but necessary components of Pokemon--the evil Pokemon organization, defeating them, and then beating the Elite Four with your new legendary?
It doesn't HAVE to be on a handheld, I don't see why people don't understand that it can be D/P (or slightly better) graphics and then be on the Wii.
[move][/move]
Dude .

mario59

I hate to say it, but I agree with Ryker. I have always wanted a true non-handheld Pokemon game.
Betrayal, even unwilling, will sometimes be forgiven, but oftentimes the friendship will never heal, and the lost trust will never be regained.

Sig by Star.

SSBB FC: 2664-3293-2320

thunderhero4

Quote from: mario59 on July 11, 2008, 11:14:36 PM
I hate to say it, but I agree with Ryker. I have always wanted a true non-handheld Pokemon game.
Yeah, Consoles always get the crappy Collisseum games!

Level_9_Chao

So have I, but I'm just thinking that realistically if Nintendo wanted to do such a thing, they'd have probably tried it already. Also, Pokemon does seem the type of game that would be easiest to play if portable and easy to access. Just turn it on, catch a guy or two on the bus or something, and have the option to turn it off. Find a random friend at school and trade. Simpler. Console games often require more time dedicated to playing.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

thunderhero4

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on July 12, 2008, 09:05:18 AM

So have I, but I'm just thinking that realistically if Nintendo wanted to do such a thing, they'd have probably tried it already. Also, Pokemon does seem the type of game that would be easiest to play if portable and easy to access. Just turn it on, catch a guy or two on the bus or something, and have the option to turn it off. Find a random friend at school and trade. Simpler. Console games often require more time dedicated to playing.
But a console game can expand on the series alot! Make it true 3D third person movement but have the area the same and everything. make it look something like collessium but with improved graphics and have grass and excellent online.

JrDude

Quote from: thunderhero4 on July 12, 2008, 11:45:44 AM

But a console game can expand on the series alot! Make it true 3D third person movement but have the area the same and everything. make it look something like collessium but with improved graphics and have grass and excellent online.
No, 3D ruined Pok?mon. Birdseye-view non-3D movement ftw!
[move][/move]
Dude .

thunderhero4

Quote from: JrDude on July 12, 2008, 12:09:43 PM

Ok. What if it were 3D birdseye view?

JrDude

Quote from: thunderhero4 on July 12, 2008, 12:10:58 PM

That would look stupid.
[move][/move]
Dude .

thunderhero4

Quote from: JrDude on July 12, 2008, 12:16:47 PM
Quote from: thunderhero4 on July 12, 2008, 12:10:58 PM

That would look stupid.
I suppose so

jnfs2014

えっちーせんぱい

If they'd do what they did with D/P, but let you maybe screw with the camera, you'd be able to get more of a 3D Effect if you moved the camera closer to the ground. If you ever go into the the Eterna City Gym, you'd notice what I mean than if you notice the angle from outside.

If that's confusing, go to Eterna City's Gym, and notice how the camera is different than it is from when you're outside the gym, or anywhere else outside. Also, when you're inside of stark mountain, the camera is pulled back farther from the character, which makes him look smaller; which mor or less makes the entire inside of the cavern appear big (Though, even without that trick, it is rather big in there anyway)

jnfs2014

Quote from: mario59 on July 11, 2008, 10:54:41 PM
Well, I was thinking that, but I did not think that it would be as easy to introduce as you might think. I was thinking more along the lines of, maybe every region,and a much better story. Maybe complicated was not the right word...
Yeah, better is much better.

Nayrman

Um...good for you?
I usually skip every other generation now...since they're getting progressively LESS per generation, nad it seems that the every other seems to have better advancements.