News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

When did the Pokemon Games start its downfall!?

Started by jnfs2014, July 13, 2008, 04:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

It hasn't really fallen, but it's getting stale...not to mention the spin-offs I hear basically are crap...so yea.
They're just getting boring...there isn't enough new stuff to warrant new versions. How about expanding the gameplay some eh?

Neerb

I want a Stadium 3 dangit!!  Also, I think it would be awesome if they made a game in which the fighting isn't turn-based.  Like Smash Bros but with only pokemon as characters and items, locations from all around the pokemon world as stages, and the typical pokemon storyline played out in cutscenes in the Story Mode.

QingXin

Ahhhh yes, this is a common misconception that people get. As you get older, your interest for Pokemon starts to decline, thus, all your colleagues start to lose interest, thus, you think Pokemon is becoming unpopular, when in fact, there is still a thriving community of younger players that know all 493 Poke-mans. Yeah... I only know 1st and 2nd... I'm lost on 3rd and 4th.

jnfs2014

Quote from: TamJammerz on July 21, 2008, 10:21:22 AM
Ahhhh yes, this is a common misconception that people get. As you get older, your interest for Pokemon starts to decline, thus, all your colleagues start to lose interest, thus, you think Pokemon is becoming unpopular, when in fact, there is still a thriving community of younger players that know all 493 Poke-mans. Yeah... I only know 1st and 2nd... I'm lost on 3rd and 4th.
I'm a younger player. I could've won a qualifier but I don't live near one.

I'M 12!

Neerb

I'm a young player at heart.  Most people I know "grew out" of it a long time ago, but I just started playing it three years ago.  Thankfully, I have several friends that still like it.

Rapdos

I think I stopped playing Pokemon when D/P came out... It was getting a little old.. you defeat the gym leaders, stop some bad guys, go to the elite four, and then finish off getting the legendary pokemon... and that about describe almost ever Pokemon game ever made...

Lohn Jocke

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on July 14, 2008, 01:07:48 PM
Quote from: thunderhero4 on July 13, 2008, 08:19:24 PM
There is no fall :|

I thought Pearl Version was the hardest of them all :|

Hardest, perhaps.

But the most FUN? The most MEMORABLE? HELL YEAH!
Fixed.

Cornwad

Quote from: Rapdos on July 21, 2008, 08:53:55 PM
I think I stopped playing Pokemon when D/P came out... It was getting a little old.. you defeat the gym leaders, stop some bad guys, go to the elite four, and then finish off getting the legendary pokemon... and that about describe almost ever Pokemon game ever made...

Yeah, but then you can go back and train and play against other human players. Wifi helps...

Level_9_Chao

Quote from: Rapdos on July 21, 2008, 08:53:55 PM

Lol but that KICKS ASS...
Quote from: Live2Die989 on July 22, 2008, 07:24:01 AM
Quote from: Level_9_Chao on July 14, 2008, 01:07:48 PM

Hardest, perhaps.

But the most FUN? The most MEMORABLE? HELL YEAH!
Fixed.

Eh. I understand that the new games have more stuff in them, but at least for me, nothing can beat the original Red/Blue soundtrack (kicked ass), Cinnabar Island's crazy shoreline, and basically having one hella fun game as a 1st grader.

Not to mention the anime and such was mind-blowingly great (IMO, maybe it was because I was in 1st grade) and is now becoming sorta repetitive.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Friendly Hostile

My interest in the series declined after G/S/C mainly because I thought they added a lot of unnecessary game mechanics.   The introduction of the EV and IV systems (which to this day I still don't really understand) as well as so many of the new stats and how they affect things makes it a statistical clusterintercourse .  G/S/C kept the basic formula of the original series, expounded on it slightly, but was close enough to the original that I really enjoyed them.  Plus the sheer vastness of the having not one, but two regions to explore and train in was something I absolutely loved.

えっちーせんぱい

I found the 2nd Gen and the 3rd Gen about the same, extremley enjoyable. D/P wasn't as much fun as Gold or Sapphire, and Emerald was better than Crystal to me, slightly.

Lotos

I had a guide, as usual :-[, but Johto was the hardest for me, as I couldn't defeat the E4 in Crystal, in Silver, I hacked, as for Blue.  Ruby got hard due to finding that DAMN spot to dive to Sootopolis.

It fell at R/S/E, only because some Pok?mon were below par with originality.  Thread at 11.