News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Video games in movies

Started by Mutilator7, November 24, 2008, 04:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutilator7

I've had netflix for a bit and one day thought 'why not watch some movies instantly online?' i watched some shows like super mario super show which never should have been made in the first place. i also ordered the movie 'the wizrd' which is sorta for kids but i thought it was cool because of all the classic video game references, so have you ever seen a movie/ tv show with large video game references?(little ones are seen all the time)

Nayrman

The Wizard is the only movie that really does that. Even then it does a pretty poor job.
The only interesting thing about the movie was that it was the first showing of Mario 3 to the states...

Tupin

The Wizard, and the only good movie about video games is King of Kong, a documentary.

Amazing how many video game movies are in production. The Sims, Bioshock, Metal Gear Solid, ANOTHER Street Fighter, Tekken, Prince of Persia, Castlevania, City of Heroes, Devil May Cry, Earthworm Jim, Gears of War, God of War, Pac-Man, Spyro, and Warcraft are all either in pre-production, production, or Developement Hell.

The Pac-Man movie is supposed to be a mix of live-action, traditional animation, and CGI, and it actually started production this year with a budget of $100 Million.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Shujinco2

Not really.

But speaking of Video Game BASED movies: Metroid. Metroid would be an awesome movie.

noodle976

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on November 24, 2008, 07:45:48 PM
The Wizard, and the only good movie about video games is King of Kong, a documentary.

Amazing how many video game movies are in production. The Sims, Bioshock, Metal Gear Solid, ANOTHER Street Fighter, Tekken, Prince of Persia, Castlevania, City of Heroes, Devil May Cry, Earthworm Jim, Gears of War, God of War, Pac-Man, Spyro, and Warcraft are all either in pre-production, production, or Developement Hell.

The Pac-Man movie is supposed to be a mix of live-action, traditional animation, and CGI, and it actually started production this year with a budget of $100 Million.
O_O
why would you watch a movie about a video game? Why not just play the darn thing? O_O

Neerb

Quote from: noodle_976 on November 28, 2008, 08:42:14 AM
O_O
why would you watch a movie about a video game? Why not just play the dang thing? O_O

Sometimes movies can have better action and stories... sometimes.

Oh, and you're all gonna love this; guess what company is making the Prince of Persia movie?  DISNEY.

Nayrman

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on November 30, 2008, 08:45:28 PM
Quote from: noodle_976 on November 28, 2008, 08:42:14 AM
O_O
why would you watch a movie about a video game? Why not just play the dang thing? O_O

Sometimes movies can have better action and stories... sometimes.

Oh, and you're all gonna love this; guess what company is making the Prince of Persia movie?  DISNEY.
Here comes the CG version of Aladdin. *sigh*

Neerb

Actually it's live action, and it's directed by the same guy who made the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

Nayrman

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on December 01, 2008, 05:33:47 AM
Actually it's live action, and it's directed by the same guy who made the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
Which ones? The first one or the second two "let's put hte same stuff in to appease the fans" movies? **yes, I realize he did all three but honestly how is he going to treat it?**
Knowing Disney they'll make it crap-tacularly kid friendly like they do with everything else (even Pirates was BARELY a PG-13 rating)

Mystic

The Wizard is a 1 1/2 hour commercial.