News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Team help please

Started by Drezford_the_Rebell, January 31, 2010, 10:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drezford_the_Rebell

I'm rusty and need a team to help me prepare for reentering the current metagame. I hear it's scizor driven, which means heatran's probably also going to incredibly common. Using a heatran myself to counter other heatran is a risky move though, so I'm probably just going to go with a Gyarados or something... which I think can do the job, but I'm not sure. At the moment I have no idea what to do because I've been out of it for so long, so that's why I'm asking you guys here.

SO FAR Wedge (long time friend and Competitive Battler) gave me a nice lead flinch-hax trick Jirachi set. Some pretty standard stuff. So what I need from you is:

A.) A rundown of the current metagame

B.) What's useful

Zero

If you're primarily worried about Scizor, then here is a list of pokemon that can effectively counter a Scizor.

Arcanine(Scizor has almost no chance against a proper Arcanine)
Charizard(Same as above)
Gyarados(Dragon Dance set)
Magnezone(Ability stops U-turn)
Rotom A/Rotom H
Shedninja(Resists most of Scizor's moves)
Skarmory(whirlwind to stall, plus it resists bullet punch)
Heatran
Blaziken(depending on the set)

The current metagame is filled with clauses and a bunch of other crap that I really don't agree with. I'm waiting for the community to agree that most of these rules are stupid before I participate again. It's been a few months since I've been a part of it so I can't exactly give you a current rundown of the metagame.

I can however, let you know that back when I played every team had this team set up:

-Stealth Rock user-
-Special Sweeper-
-Wall/Tank-
-Physical Sweeper or another Wall/Tank-
-Scizor-
-Garchomp-

You could probably see why that'd get annoying.

Wedge

Yea, so if you're really looking for a Scizor counter, ResTalkdos is really the best option.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Waterfall / Sleep Talk / Rest / Roar or T-Wave

Works amazingly with Spikes and Scizor can't do jack to it.

Standard Rotom-A works well as it can burn it with Wow and make it set up fodder for something like Empoleon, Gyarados, Suicune, etc

Bulky or Substall Zapdos works, but SR really limits its walling capability.

Skarmory works well and can set up Spikes, though Superpower still hurts quite a bit.

Those are really the best Scizor counters.

I would NOT recommend:

Arcanine: SR weakness, lack of recovery, esp. in sand
Charizard: SR weakness and low defenses
Shedinja: sand and SR
Blaziken: no recovery and weak defenses

Magnezone and Heatran are Scizor checks because while they threaten it, they can't safely switch in on Superpower.

Drezford_the_Rebell

Though, what about things that go with scizor, and how to deal with those? Given, I don't just want scizor counters. I want a rundown of the current metagame.