News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Pokemon Tournament - Intro to Competitive Battling - Round One

Started by Wedge, February 13, 2010, 09:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wedge

Intro to Competitive Battling Tournament

Hey Nsiders! Sorry this has taken so long to get up, but it's finally started! Welcome, contestants, to the first round of the Intro to Competitive Battling Tournament! Please read the rules before starting your battle. Good luck to all of our participants, and above all, have fun!

-OU Standard Match
-The item SOUL DEW is banned on ANY  Pokemon
-The Pokemon on this page are banned from play http://smogon.com/dp/tiers/uber
-Battles will be done on Shoddy Battle
-- -- Shoddy Battle is a java Pokemon Battle simulator that allows you to create your team and play others over the internet download the program at shoddybattle.com/downloads
-No two Pokemon of the same species (including pre-evos) may be used (Species Clause)
-No two Pokemon may be put to sleep by the opponent (excludes Rest) at the same time (Sleep Clause)
-Moves that increase evasion or lower accuracy may not be used (Evasion Clause)
-Moves that automatically faint the opposing Pokemon may not be used, eg Horn Drill and Sheer Cold, etc (OHKO Clause)

If there are any disputes, please PM me the LOG of your battle, highlighting any relevant parts through bolding, color, etc. To save a log, go to the chat tab in the battle screen and click the SAVE LOG button. This can then be opened in any word processor (Wordpad works the best)

Once battles have been completed, both participants should PM me the result of the battle. Thank you.

Matchups

*determined by a random number generator

dontimpersonateadminskthx vs. RedSox
Mikoyan vs. Green
Light Bright vs. Doodle
So_So_Man vs. Matt
IceFlinger vs. Mackormoses
Violet vs. none

jnfs2014

Rayquarian

So_So_Man

just wondering, does the evasion clause mean that the cacturne line, the sandshrew line, and the garchomp line are banned, or is sand storm banned?

Wedge

Pokemon with Sand Evasion or Snow Cloak abilities are NOT banned, nor are the weather effects that cause those abilities to activate. What IS banned are moves that raise accuracy or lower evasion.

Banned moves include:

-Double Team
-Sand Attack
-Acupuncture
-Minimize
-Kinesis
-Flash

and others that work like that.

EDIT: To clear confusion, GARCHOMP IS BANNED because it is an Uber Pokemon and banned from the Standard Tier.

Macawmoses

Wedge

I'm going to make Saturday, February 20th at 11:59 PM EST the deadline for all results to be in. If for some reason, the match cannot be completed by that time, please PM me or catch me on IRC and we'll work something out.

Thanks.

Drezford_the_Rebell

yo wedge, I see you have an empty spot against violet. Any way I can get in on this janx?

Wedge

Talk to Violet and if (s)he agrees to battle, then I'm cool with it.

Wedge

Yea. Maybe lol. You just have to catch him at the right time.

Don't ask me when that is because I don't know.

Macawmoses

Red

Ray, are we gonna do this today or tomorrow? Today would be better for me, sans 6:45-8:15 pm est.

Any(reasonable)time other than that should be good though.

Just pm me, k?

Macawmoses