News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Thirdkoopa

I'd also just like to say this:

They at least look more like animals than a good chunk of most of the other material we've had lately. That's something.

Come to think of it, now that I'm not completely dead, I think I like them both around an equal amount.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

JrDude

I am 90% positive that there will be no new type added. We don't need a new type.

And it doesn't really matter what type they are since we already know they're half dragon, and dragon is weak against dragon, so they already have their weakness. We also can't guess what it is, I mean, look at Palkia? Give me one sign on his body that he would be a water type.

When it comes to looks, it looks like Reshiram is gonna be ghost while Zekrom is gonna be either dark or rock, which I think would be kinda cool (if it were rock, not dark) since those 2 aren't interfering with their dragon weakness against each other and also aren't weak against each other, AND it seems to make less sense to what everyone would expect but still look like it makes sense.

And I can't believe I didn't think of the 3rd one, though it doesn't have to exist, I mean, R/S/E was the only real one with a 3rd lead legendary role for the cover already known easily, I mean, barely anyone knew Giratina existed without looking through the internet or something, and even when we did find out, not very many, if any, thought it would be the 3rd lead right? and I know III didn't expect that one to take the place as "3rd game lead," in fact, I thought Arceus looked more like he would be the 3rd game lead, and we all know Suicune was kinda random since he's not known as a legendary legendary, but more as a "one of the 3 ___" legendary, but Rayquaza, well not too hard to find, and when you see it, it looks obvious that it would be a 3rd lead because of those designs on it's body.
It would be kinda cool if the 3rd lead legendary was Twilight, but we could never know for sure, maybe the 3rd would be called Pokémon Twilight? I also wonder what the "3 legendary ___" things are gonna be.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Rius

I don't mind when legendaries aren't familiar animals.  They're pretty much all based on mythical creatures anyway, such as phoenixes, Nessie, and dragons. I just wish regular Pokemon would be more varied: we have at least three species of cat Pokemon, but no zebras or dolphins?

Quite a few people thought of Giratina, actually.  The relationship wasn't as obvious as with Rayquaza, but there were similarities.  Namely, all three share the same eyes, base stats, and Dragon type.  Everyone thought the third game was going to be Girasol, though, a different kind of gem.  Anyway, judging from recent trends, we can guess the powers of this group of legendaries based on the evil team(s), so I look forward to that.  Maybe it's a corrupt church vs. cultists. (I wish. :()

JrDude

Well since I didn't expect it, for some reason it came to mind that barely anyone did.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Serebii has just confirmed that Reshiram and Zekrom are in fact dragon- typed.

Quote from: JrDude ჱܓ on May 29, 2010, 01:16:00 AM
You guys decided Arceus was God, they never said it was.
Pokedex entries:
It is described in mythology as the Pokémon that shaped the universe with its 1,000 arms.
It is told in mythology that this Pokémon was born before the universe even existed.
It is said to have emerged from an egg in a place where there was nothing, then shaped the world.
According to the legends of Sinnoh, this Pokémon emerged from an egg and shaped all there is in this world.

In addition to that, the D/P event to catch it has you climb a set of glowing stairs to the heavens above the highest point in Sinnoh.

All this seems pretty godlike to me. I think it's safe to assume that's what GameFreak intended.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

Quote from: Zorua on May 29, 2010, 11:30:12 AM
Serebii has just confirmed that Reshiram and Zekrom are in fact dragon- typed.
You've got to be kidding me! Is that a requirement now? All of the legendaries must be part dragon? Now I hate them even more. Black is still better though, it at least looks like a dragon. With this new info, I think I can safely say the the white thing is my least favorite pokemon in existence.

Kayo

Quote from: Cornwad on May 29, 2010, 11:46:20 AM
You've got to be kidding me! Is that a requirement now? All of the legendaries must be part dragon? Now I hate them even more. Black is still better though, it at least looks like a dragon. With this new info, I think I can safely say the the white thing is my least favorite pokemon in existence.
Yup. And there are very few dragons that aren't legendary. So, as far as competitive battling goes, the Uber tier has more generic dragons added to it, and the Standard tiers remain dragon-less.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

Well in any case, I'm predicting that the black one will be Dragon/Dark and the white one will be Dragon/Fire

Rius

Quote from: Cornwad on May 29, 2010, 12:48:51 PM
Well in any case, I'm predicting that the black one will be Dragon/Dark and the white one will be Dragon/Fire
That fits with Light and Dark, certainly...

JrDude

"It has told in Mythology"
"It is said"
"According to the legends"
Legends, myths, there is always more than one legend and myth, especially when in a different country. In Greek mythology, there are many gods, like Zeus and whatnot. In Egypt there is Anubis, and stuff not involving Zeus and crap. And I'm sure there are many others that I am not mentioning.
[move][/move]
Dude .

JrDude

Also, what if Reshiram is the Dark one, while Zekrom is the "Light" one? They are on those covers.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

It might end up being some Yin Yang garbage. Maybe if you have two in a double battle they'll form the Pokemon Megazord.

JrDude

Another thing, why are you guys so peeved about them being dragons? Let's look at the legendary dragons, shall we?

Latios, Latias, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina.
Not as many as you people are making it out to be.

Fly Legends: 7. Just thought I'd point that out.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: Cornwad on May 29, 2010, 01:38:20 PM
It might end up being some Yin Yang garbage. Maybe if you have two in a double battle they'll form the Pokemon Megazord.
Would NOT be surprised.