News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude ჱܓ on May 29, 2010, 02:01:09 PM
Another thing, why are you guys so peeved about them being dragons? Let's look at the legendary dragons, shall we?

Latios, Latias, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina.
Not as many as you people are making it out to be.

Fly Legends: 7. Just thought I'd point that out.
6 Pokemon from the last two generations.

Flying type is a secondary type. No reason to point that out.

Cornwad

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude ჱܓ on May 29, 2010, 01:18:24 PM
"It has told in Mythology"
"It is said"
"According to the legends"
Legends, myths, there is always more than one legend and myth, especially when in a different country. In Greek mythology, there are many gods, like Zeus and whatnot. In Egypt there is Anubis, and stuff not involving Zeus and crap. And I'm sure there are many others that I am not mentioning.
Isn't every god based on beliefs? I mean the modern God we know today in most religions.. no one has ever seen him. People just believe it. Arceus is the same way.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Quote from: Zorua on May 29, 2010, 05:36:06 PM
Isn't every god based on beliefs? I mean the modern God we know today in most religions.. no one has ever seen him. People just believe it. Arceus is the same way.
Either you made no sense or no relevance to my post or you need to say that better.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Rius

Quote from: Cornwad on May 29, 2010, 01:38:20 PM
It might end up being some Yin Yang garbage. Maybe if you have two in a double battle they'll form the Pokemon Megazord.
Actually, that would be pretty kickass...

JrDude

Just noticed, many pics/videos of walking around, but none have a Pokémon following them. Think they got rid of them? or do you think there's an option to put them away? (as in, follow you only if you want to)
[move][/move]
Dude .

Gwen Khan

Quote from: JrDude ჱܓ on May 29, 2010, 09:49:02 PM
Just noticed, many pics/videos of walking around, but none have a Pokémon following them. Think they got rid of them? or do you think there's an option to put them away? (as in, follow you only if you want to)

maybe, If they kept it they would have used a starter

X-3

Quote from: Cornwad on May 29, 2010, 08:09:37 PM
Yeah, I never understood that.

There are two possibilities: the Pokedex is full of poop, or Arceus is hardcore enough to create the universe with arms that don't exist.

JrDude

Quote from: X-3 on May 29, 2010, 10:19:11 PM
There are two possibilities: the Pokedex is full of poop, or Arceus is hardcore enough to create the universe with arms that don't exist.
Or, it's a myth, and myths are often false.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Mikoyan

Quote from: Cornwad on May 29, 2010, 08:09:37 PM
Yeah, I never understood that.
Perhaps they are invisible to normal eyes; ie. 4th dimension (considering that Dialga is the controller of time).

Kayo

Simple explanation, It had arms, then after the universe was created, it got tired and put them away.

Guys, think. Do any of you completely understand the religion the people of GameFreak follow? No. Maybe in their religion they believe things like this, though not that pokemon created the universe. Maybe they believe that there was a god like this. You don't know, so shut up.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Rius

Quote from: Zorua on May 30, 2010, 07:44:18 AM
Simple explanation, It had arms, then after the universe was created, it got tired and put them away.

Guys, think. Do any of you completely understand the religion the people of GameFreak follow? No. Maybe in their religion they believe things like this, though not that pokemon created the universe. Maybe they believe that there was a god like this. You don't know, so shut up.
According to Bulbapedia, Arceus was based on no less than 3 East Asian creation myths. And given that only about 30% of Japanese people believe in a god or higher spiritual being, it's likely the game creators are atheist or agnostic, in which case I understand them perfectly.

None of that matters, though, since the Pokedex text of HG/SS makes a point of saying the creation myth is local to the Sinnoh region; even in Platinum, Cynthia says people probably saw the powers of Dialga and Palkia, feared them, and made myths about them.  Kind of like how sailors in the real world saw dugongs and manitees and thought they were mermaids. Now that I think about it, those sailors had to be pretty drunk to confuse hippo/fish with a woman/fish...

Anyway, in-game evidence consistently point to these being myths created by people who were awed by the powers of legendary Pokemon. Not that it matters either... it's game, don't get so offensive over it.