News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Cornwad

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 02, 2010, 05:09:28 PM
If I'm not mistaken, with paint, no matter how many colors you try to add, it will never create black (unless you add black), just different shades of brown.

If white is the absence of color in paint, then black needs to be something.

Zero

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 02, 2010, 05:09:28 PM
If I'm not mistaken, with paint, no matter how many colors you try to add, it will never create black (unless you add black), just different shades of brown.

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 02, 2010, 05:03:30 PM
If we're gonna get technical, let's get more technical. Black & White aren't technically colors

No, lol you don't know how often I intercourse ing hear this and it irritates me.

White and Black are colors.

What in the hell constitutes as a color anyways? Does anyone pay attention in science class? White light is composed of the visible spectrum which has all the colors of the rainbow, or hell you can refer to them as "parts" because they're all different. When pure "white" light hits a surface the surface absorbs certain parts of it and reflects other parts of it, the parts that get reflected off are the colors we see(i.e. when blue and red are both reflected we see purple).

When a surface reflects ALL the parts of white light we see white because everything is being reflected. When a surface reflects NONE of the white light and absorbs it all, we see black. A color is just whatever we see or don't see when light is or isn't reflected off of something. I really don't get why people say they aren't colors. The most common explanation I get is that they're intercourse ing "shades". What?! Shades? No "mahogany" is a shade of intercourse ing brown. A shade is just a slight alteration of a typical color that still resembles that color.

And I'm not a painter, but I'm pretty sure you can get colors that are pretty close to black by mixing the primary colors. Not sure if you'd have to make purple, orange, and green first though. It's what makes sense according to science.

k done ranting lol

jnfs2014

lol arguing in a pokemon thread over colors.

Knowing Nintendo (G/S/C and D/P/Pt), it'll probably be something we won't see coming.

or else inb4gray

Cornwad

I have a feeling that once we see the third legendary we'll be able to take a good guess.

JrDude

Quote from: Cornwad on June 02, 2010, 08:41:21 PM
I have a feeling that once we see the third legendary we'll be able to take a good guess.
"The Third"
A lot of people didn't see Giratina coming, why? well there were like 40 legendaries after them, I would have predicted Arceus if I ever predicted the 3rd (I didn't try to though), and even if they did see it coming, I wouldn't get "Platinum" out of seeing Giratina.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

But Giratina fits with platinum... and it's kinda gray.

Obviously.

JrDude

Quote from: Zero on June 02, 2010, 08:30:03 PM
No, lol you don't know how often I intercourse ing hear this and it irritates me.

White and Black are colors.

What in the hell constitutes as a color anyways? Does anyone pay attention in science class? White light is composed of the visible spectrum which has all the colors of the rainbow, or hell you can refer to them as "parts" because they're all different. When pure "white" light hits a surface the surface absorbs certain parts of it and reflects other parts of it, the parts that get reflected off are the colors we see(i.e. when blue and red are both reflected we see purple).

When a surface reflects ALL the parts of white light we see white because everything is being reflected. When a surface reflects NONE of the white light and absorbs it all, we see black. A color is just whatever we see or don't see when light is or isn't reflected off of something. I really don't get why people say they aren't colors. The most common explanation I get is that they're intercourse ing "shades". What?! Shades? No "mahogany" is a shade of intercourse ing brown. A shade is just a slight alteration of a typical color that still resembles that color.

And I'm not a painter, but I'm pretty sure you can get colors that are pretty close to black by mixing the primary colors. Not sure if you'd have to make purple, orange, and green first though. It's what makes sense according to science.

k done ranting lol
In light, black is the absence of colors, absence, as in, not there.
"pretty close to black" =/= black.
Also, shades would be a good explanation for it, adding white to red makes a lighter red, pink, which is a shade of red. What I don't get is when you add black to pink you get Magenta, not red... both shades of red but yeah.
On computer stuff, and often with paint, adding a certain amount of white to a color will make it lighter, add the exact same amount of black to it and it will change it back to it's original color. There is a good explanation of why they are shades.
Quote from: X-3 on June 02, 2010, 07:19:34 PM
No, Pokemon Yellow has been done.
FUCK... so has red... Pokémon Mexican? No ring to it...
[move][/move]
Dude .

Rius

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 02, 2010, 09:37:48 PM
"The Third"
A lot of people didn't see Giratina coming, why? well there were like 40 legendaries after them, I would have predicted Arceus if I ever predicted the 3rd (I didn't try to though), and even if they did see it coming, I wouldn't get "Platinum" out of seeing Giratina.
Not by seeing it, no; it's name, however, is partly derived from a Japanese word for platinum. It's the same for Dialga and Palkia.

JrDude

Quote from: Rius on June 02, 2010, 09:48:28 PM
Not by seeing it, no; it's name, however, is partly derived from a Japanese word for platinum. It's the same for Dialga and Palkia.
Oh, never knew that.
[move][/move]
Dude .

jnfs2014

That's how nintendo does it. Gives us a legendary with a weird name with a not matching version, but ends up being related somehow.

Mikoyan

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 02, 2010, 09:46:51 PM
FUCK... so has red... Pokémon Mexican? No ring to it...
Pokemon Brown is what you're looking for. /racist

Zero

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 02, 2010, 09:46:51 PM
In light, black is the absence of colors, absence, as in, not there.
"pretty close to black" =/= black.
Also, shades would be a good explanation for it, adding white to red makes a lighter red, pink, which is a shade of red. What I don't get is when you add black to pink you get Magenta, not red... both shades of red but yeah.
On computer stuff, and often with paint, adding a certain amount of white to a color will make it lighter, add the exact same amount of black to it and it will change it back to it's original color. There is a good explanation of why they are shades. FUCK... so has red... Pokémon Mexican? No ring to it...

Again, what the intercourse  constitutes as a color? It's whatever we see or DON'T SEE whenever something is reflected off or not reflected off a surface. Read any wiki entry on the net or ANY science textbook, hell even any art book will tell you that black is a color.

Uh...no, white and black being able to create shades out of other colors in no way shape or form makes them "shades". Holy poop your logic is off the wall.

Neerb

[COLOR DEBATE]

Hey JrDude, in light, black isn't the absence of "color," it's the color we get when there's absence of light. And paint primary colors have nothing to do with light primary colors; in paint, red plus blue makes violet, but in light, red plus blue makes magenta:

COLOR WHEELS

ADDITIVE (colors of light)

SUBTRACTIVE (colors of reflected light... and printer ink)

TRADITIONAL (how paint works and what we were taught in kindergarten)

[/COLOR DEBATE]

Smashin

So... Will this be on 3DS then? It looks like the rumored release dates seem to correlate. B/W in fall 2010 and 3DS rumored for October.

Unless this has been already discussed, in which case forget that I spoke.

Kayo

Guys, you can make black from mixing colors. Or at least pretty close. The key is using lots of blue. Navy blue works best, you can get pretty black from there, but wait what the intercourse  why am I trying to argue about this.

Point is, JrDude is an idiot who thinks black and white aren't colors.

also inb4gray
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]