News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Cornwad

Triple battle don't sound to interesting.

On the other hand, Dragon/Electric is awesome and I really like the new Pokemon designs, much more than the ones in DP. I don't like the chinchilla or the bird, but the ape reminds me of Wind Waker and is therefore awesome. There's lots of saturated colors which I've always loved. I'm looking forward to this even more with each update. New wifi is pretty awesome.  Also, Reshiram looks much better in its in game sprite.

The tapir thing does has one of the same abilities as Drowzee, I could see it being a prevo.

Kayo

Resiram's game sprite made me appreciate it so much more. But triple battles? Yuck. What's next? The entire team out at once?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Gwen Khan

Neerb

HOLY COW INFO OVERLOAD. I think Gen 5 is coming along quite nicely, although I despise the way the tapir and Professor look. I like the ape, zebra, and crocodile, though, and is it just me or is this gen looking more and more like Digimon? Oh, and the newly revealed map of the Isshu region, combined with the fact that we now have pigeons, makes me think this is DEFINITELY based on New York.

Also, with the white legend a Dragon/Fire and the black legend a Dragon/Electric, who's willing to bet that a grey legend will be Dragon/Ice?

Java

Quote from: Zero on June 11, 2010, 11:12:51 AM
The pink thing isn't a pig, its a Tapir. Drowzee is also a Tapir(sort of) so the two might be related. I could see it happening.
Now that you say it's a tapir, I understand that thing a little bit more.

Cornwad

Quote from: Mewtwo on June 11, 2010, 12:25:55 PM
I like the ape, zebra, and crocodile, though, and is it just me or is this gen looking more and more like Digimon?
I'd say that it is the exact opposite, Digimon was always more angular and complex. These new ones are more cute than anything else.

Also, New York makes this the best setting for a Pokemon game ever (if it is New York). Time to catch some Pokemon in a place worth living in.

Zero

Quote from: Gwen Khan on June 11, 2010, 12:19:17 PM
wait is that true?

All of this info started circulating around the net yesterday. Not sure exactly where the info is coming from, but Reshiram's second type and the Professor was part of the batch of info, suggesting that the whole info could be true.

So, no, Triple battles are not confirmed. It's a strong possibility though.

Relichris

I totally can't imagine there being triple battles.  Double battles are awesome and all but triple?  Just no.

The Riddler

Quote from: Zero on June 11, 2010, 12:38:48 PM
All of this info started circulating around the net yesterday. Not sure exactly where the info is coming from, but Reshiram's second type and the Professor was part of the batch of info, suggesting that the whole info could be true.

So, no, Triple battles are not confirmed. It's a strong possibility though.
Eh, with stuff like that, usually whoever starts the rumors finds out one or two true tidbits and makes up a bunch of others. Then, when the true ones are confirmed, everyone believes the rest.

Anyway, I'm not pleased with these Pokemon. The gears look intercourse ing stupid, and the rest of them look like Digimon or Neopets. I think my biggest peeve is the eyes. Namely on the Zebra, Ape, Gears, and Bird. What's this new obsession with perfectly round eyes with a dot? It bothered me on Piplup, it bothers me here.
The crocodile looks like it's wearing goggles, which I suppose could be a cool feature, but I'm just not thrilled.
The Ape does remind me of Wind Waker, and for that reason I'm not excited. I want them to look like Pokemon, not creatures from another game.
The Zebra doesn't look too zebra-y. Add more stripes. Meh.
Something about the Chinchilla bothers me but idk what.

The Pidgeon is the only really acceptable one, aside from it's eyes. It looks like an actual pidgeon.

bluaki

"Dream Eater Pokemon" "Forewarn Ability" "Psychic type" "Tapir-like" <- It's all but confirmed that the ugly pink thing is a Drowzee baby

The bird is like a recolored Starly. Standing in the same pose as Honchkrow in its sprites. We really don't need more of these useless birds.
For a ridiculously common normal-type, the big-eared chinchilla is rather cute. But still, we have too many of those pokemon as it is.
The Gear thing may be exactly what Plusle and Minun should have been.

Also Zorua is an event-exclusive Pokemon obtained by trading an event Celebi from HG/SS. It's no surprise to me at this point that the first revealed Gen 5 Pokemon is an event-exclusive, with event-exclusive details being some of the first ones we got of HG/SS and Platinum.

Kayo

>In-game Zoroark event
>Zorua is event exclusive
>Zoroark breeds to get Zorua?
>Zorua evolves into Zoroark?

something doesn't add up.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

bluaki

Quote from: Zorua on June 11, 2010, 01:04:00 PM
>In-game Zoroark event
>Zorua is event exclusive
>Zoroark breeds to get Zorua?
>Zorua evolves into Zoroark?

something doesn't add up.
Quote# To get Zorua, you will need to send over the Celebi from the upcoming movie to Black & White. It is obtained at Level 10
# Zorua knows the attacks Leer, Scratch, Pursuit & Fake Tears
# Zoroark knows Fury Swipes, Faint Attack, Scary Face, Taunt and a new attack; Night Burst (ナイトバ-スト)
I don't remember the other mentions/pictures of battling Zoroark, but they could all be link battles? Maybe Zorua can evolve but cannot breed.

Macawmoses

The gears look exactly like something from digimon (in fact, I seem to recall a gear digimon...).  However, I approve of it because we need more steel types, and it fits the bill nicely.

Don't dig the pigeon, as I always love the birds. This looks like it'll be the standard bird for the series...and they're always badass. After Staraptor, I'm severely let down.

The mouse thing seems cute, which is good I guess. It's definitely unique-ish, so I approve.

I'm with bluaki on the pig thinger. It seems like a femine version of Drowsee (I just don't see how it could actually evolve from something that flowery). I'm also reminded of Spoink, who fits the bill quite nicely in my opinion. Perhaps a branching evolution?

To the ape, other than it's goofy ass look, I have to say. FUCK. Yeah. I want to start seeing fire more predominantly in the games and it's nice to see one outright.

Zebra is by far my favourite. It's electric, which is cool, but it just has a great design. It doesn't have hte same boring expression as all the rest do, either.

I've been using ground more and more lately, so the croc fits nicely with what I like to see (still Ice and dark lover...conveniently, it's dark). Although, I have to say, what's with bringing water critters into the ground world? Hippo, anyone?

Kayo

Quote from: bluaki on June 11, 2010, 01:08:13 PM
I don't remember the other mentions/pictures of battling Zoroark, but they could all be link battles? Maybe Zorua can evolve but cannot breed.
Serebii has an article about an in-game Zoroark event. And Zoroark doesn't look un-breedable.... I don't get it, ok? ;_;
[move][/move]

Thirdkoopa

lol triple battles
I called it. I intercourse ing called it. Without trying too.

The gear looks horrible but the rest looks pretty nice I guess.

Quote from: Relichris on June 11, 2010, 09:31:53 AM
Finally there is a female professor.  :U
Makes you wonder how her rule 34 will be.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"