News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

The Riddler

Quote from: Cornwad on June 12, 2010, 01:01:54 PM
Totally called that ying/yang garbage. I'm also hoping for super Miltank.
Well, it was kinda obvious.

Anyway, something seems off about these rumors. I dunno. Waiting on confirmation.

Rius

Hmm... if the third legendary really is a green cobra like the rumors say, what does that make it?

Reshiram and Zekrom are yang and yin, does that make the third one balance? I do hope it's ice, though; I think it would be a nice throwback to the first legendary trio.

Also, since Reshiram is in Black and Zekrom is in White, what is the opposite of green? It can't be red again, so I theorize that the opposite of green will be that color that has no place on the spectrum of light, that color that is the sole attempt of our mind to see something that shouldn't exist. So much for Pokemon Twilight or Gray... say hello to Pokemon Magenta.

The Riddler

Quote from: Zero on June 12, 2010, 09:59:43 AM
lol

~~

More rumors from Pokebeach.com:

Tauros is getting a minotaur-like evolution
A third legendary will be complimenting Reshiram and Zekrom, a cobra-like pokemon
There will be 157 new pokemon, making an even 650
Weather effects will become more prominent, with there even being effects catering to poison types
Yin and Yang/Good and Evil are the central plot-themes
You know, you could just copypasta and not leave us with half of the rumor.
    * There will be 157 new Pokemon, bringing the total amount to 650.
    * Like how Giratina compliments Dialga and Palkia, a large, green cobra will accompany Reshiram and Zekrom.
    * Tauros will have an evolution: Minotauros. It stands on two legs.
    * In previous games, either through moves or through abilities, players were able to alter the weather conditions of the battle field to boost certain types. For example, Groudon's Drought summons sunlight, which boosts Fire-type moves by 50%. In Black and White, players will be able to collect certain items that alter the weather conditions of the battle field. Approximately twenty of these items will affect the weather conditions so that they will boost certain types (kind of like Stadium cards in the TCG?), with some types getting added bonuses depending on the item. As a side note, in today's CoroCoro scans, there was a screenshot showing a new weather indicator (we overlooked it), which could give credence to this claim.
    * One example will be setting up a Poison Field, which causes all Poison-type attacks to gain 30% accuracy, Sludge Bomb to have a 100% poison rate, and the effects of Toxic Spikes' poison to have an immediate effect.
    * Black and white, good versus evil, and yin and yang are going to play a major part in the plot. However, unlike previous Pokemon games, the decisions and choices you make will "influence" the plot of the game. If you make "good" choices, you might get certain help or items, whereas "bad" choices could have negative effects. The point is that the plot will not be as cut-and-dry as previous games, changing depending on the player's actions.
    * Tsutaaja, Pokabu, and Mijumaru had rough designs over this past year or so, but in the last few months received major overhauls, becoming the final designs we see today.

Kayo

Those rumors are just rumors. Most of them look like bullpoop.

Minotauros - who the intercourse  came up with that name? a 5th grader?
157 new - that's just what the rumor creator WANTS. It may or may not happen.
Weather-affecting items - seriously, this is as absurd as Cubone evolving into the Kangaskhan line. If it happens I'll eat my game card.
Sludge Bomb having 100% poison rate - Yeah, right. :| I would have believed 50%, but not 100%.
Changes depending on actions - How do they plan on accomplishing that within the game's coding?
Starters being designed over the past year - I might believe that.

But still, these are just awful. The word "Minotaurus" is enough to make me believe none of these rumors. They are pointless rumors, and as such will not be updated into the first post.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

Somebody is mad that Tauros is getting an evo.

Changes depending on actions work in most games, so it wouldn't be much of a surprise in Pokemon. Your thing about the weathered items is a stupid argument, Tauros has needed an evo for a while, and 157 new is a pretty random number to just make up.

Kayo

Quote from: Cornwad on June 12, 2010, 04:47:59 PM
Somebody is mad that Tauros is getting an evo.

Changes depending on actions work in most games, so it wouldn't be much of a surprise in Pokemon. Your thing about the weathered items is a stupid argument, Tauros has needed an evo for a while, and 157 new is a pretty random number to just make up.
I'd like one, but Minotauros is the most unoriginal evo name i've ever heard, next to Yanmega. The changes depending on actions is too strange for a pokemon game, and I would be disappointed if that happened. About the items: My argument is stupid? The whole idea is stupid, and that's my opinion. So intercourse  off.
Tauros needed an evo as much as Electabuzz and Magmar. In other words, you just thought it wasn't good enough on its own. It doesn't need to jump back in OU. I'm not saying I don't want one myself, but I don't think it "needed one for a while."
157 may be a random number to make up, but 650 isn't. Your argument is pointless there, since 650 is a very easy round number to make up.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

They've added lots of stupid stuff, and you've admitted that they've had more absurd names before. Tauros may not have needed an evo, but like you said that's never stopped them before. What it comes down to is that you just don't like these rumors, not that they aren't believable.

Kayo

Quote from: Cornwad on June 12, 2010, 05:31:51 PM
They've added lots of stupid stuff, and you've admitted that they've had more absurd names before. Tauros may not have needed an evo, but like you said that's never stopped them before. What it comes down to is that you just don't like these rumors, not that they aren't believable.
Well, first of all, it is nowhere near confirmed. If it was, it would be on some other source. Serebii, actually, believe it or not, ALWAYS updates anything coming from a reliable source.

Also, an english name. A cheesy one at that. Without a japanese name we can't believe it. No pokemon has been released under an english name without a japanese name coming first. In fact, they don't start releasing english names (or coming up with them, for that matter) until all the pokemon in the generation have been released under a japanese name. Exceptions, of course, are pokemon whose english names are identical to their japanese names, or at least similar to the point that they can be figured out from the japanese name.

Lucario - originally released under "Rukario." Despite the identical pronounciation, the english name wasn't quite confirmed at first.
Same goes for Dialga and Palkia (Which Diaruga and Parukia are pronounced almost exactly like)

Garchomp was known originally as Gaburaisu, Turtwig as Naetoru, Bronzor as Doomiraa, etc.
We have never gotten an english name first. Therefore, the rumor isn't believable. Minotaurus doesn't even make sense as a japanese name. Unless, it was derived from the possibly-japanese names "Minotarusu" (ミノタルス) or "Minotorusu" (ミノトルス), which is improbable since Serebii has gotten no word on this. And yes, Serebii is reliable.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

I don't know why you would be upset with the gameplay mechanic of your choices having an impact. Let's be honest here, the pokemon formula in terms of the story was stagnating years before Diamond/Pearl came out. This could lead to some good trade-offs form the usual "get badges, fight Team Rocket knock-off, beat E4" thing. Knowing Nintendo, it's not going to be Fable or anything, but it'll at least develop the story a bit more than the bare bones.

Minotauros sounds like something Nintendo would use. Punny yes, but it makes sense considering where that pokemon is coming from (if it's real).

The weather effects....we'd need to see to be implemented before we say anything.

Cornwad

Last I checked, a minotaur is still called a minotaur in Japan, and lots of times Japanese names are in English. The new steel type is called Gear in Japan. And Tauros is Kentauros is Japan, not Kentorusu or Kentarusu. Just replace the Ken with a Mino, which makes sense because it's Greek,  not Japanese or English.

Mino does exist in Japan, becuase Wormadam is Minomadam. You can easily make the leap from Minotarosu to Minotauros.

Zero

I could, but I was too intercourse ing lazy and I typed what I remembered.

Relichris

Okay, they are just rumors for now and let's just leave it at that.  There need not be an argument over something that hasn't been confirmed.  If and when it's confirmed, then talk about your gripes and pissy attitudes.  Not now.  :U

Zero

For the record, a lot of the rumors that have shown up on Pokebeach have turned out to be true.

They had the names of the starters a whole day before they were revealed, for example. There have been more, like the new legendaries' typing, but these rumors aren't without merit, and just like Serebii, they update their entries and clarify if the rumors were false or true.

That isn't to say you shouldn't take them with a grain of salt though.

These are just rumors, no need to jump the intercourse ing gun.

Relichris

Quote from: Zero on June 12, 2010, 06:33:36 PM
For the record, a lot of the rumors that have shown up on Pokebeach have turned out to be true.

They had the names of the starters a whole day before they were revealed, for example. There have been more, like the new legendaries' typing, but these rumors aren't without merit, and just like Serebii, they update their entries and clarify if the rumors were false or true.

That isn't to say you shouldn't take them with a grain of salt though.

These are just rumors, no need to jump the intercourse ing gun.

Indeed, so everyone should stop whining.  There's nothing we can do about it.  :U

Cornwad

More stuff:

Zorua and Zoroark are event-exclusive Pokemon. They do not appear during normal gameplay, at least in Black and White. Therefore, you can only get the two if you preorder a ticket to The Ruler of Illusions: Zoroark and trade over one of the shiny Legendary Beasts (to encounter Zoroark) and if you download the movie Celebi from the theaters and trade it over (to get Zorua).

Zoroark can learn a new attack called "Night Burst," which lowers the opponent's accuracy. It learns the attack at a high level.

The event Zoroark you can obtain will know Fury Swipes, Faint Attack, Scary Face, and Taunt.

Zorua has Scratch, Leer, Pursuit, and Fake Tears.

The new ability of Meguroko, the Desert Crocodile Pokemon, should be translated as "Overconfidence" rather than
"Earthquake Spiral." The ability increases its Attack stat when it Knocks Out a Pokemon.

Zekrom's ability is named "Teravoltage," not "Terra Voltage." "Tera" is a prefix that means one trillion. Does this mean it can generate a trillion volts of electricity with its tail generator?

There is a new indicator that shows you the status of the weather, such as if it's raining.

The gold building in the Reshiram scan (that looks honey-covered) is described as being shaped like a bee's nest.