News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on June 14, 2010, 02:44:04 AM
Uh, when did I ever not respect the fact that rumors are just rumors? lol seriously, come the intercourse  on.
Uh, when did I say you didn't? Come the intercourse  on. Everything I post isn't just about you. You're not the center of NSFCD. I was just making things clear for everyone.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 13, 2010, 11:50:43 PM
Also, I thought that gear thing was all one Pokémon, meaning that if in a double battle, there could basically be 4 gear things on one side.

I think that's the way it works. It also means that you could have one Gear and a Plusle/Minun, which is pretty cool.

Kayo

Quote from: Cornwad on June 14, 2010, 03:31:43 AM
I think that's the way it works. It also means that you could have one Gear and a Plusle/Minun, which is pretty cool.
It's like a Magneton thing, where there's more than one, bound by magnetism, I would assume. Also like Exeggcute in the fact that you can't have just one... they're together. But yeah, combining one with a Plusle/Minun seems interesting. It also amuses me how it randomly has one of the two abilities, how it's randomly charged either positively or negatively.

But will it evolve? It looks like it should, but I sort of doubt it. :/
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Kayo

Also guys, new info:
Quote from: serebii.netHidden away within CoroCoro's page about Celebi & Zorua in Black & White, there is a screenshot that gives some minor details about the transfer method. In the games, there is a machine called the Pokémon Transfer Machine (転送マシンでポケモン). The screenshot simply states that Celebi is being transferred through the Pokémon Transfer Machine. This appears to be the method of transferring the Pokémon from your 4th Generation games to your 5th Generation ones. This is to be done over the standard local wireless and appears to be one at a time. It is necessary to send Celebi & the shiny beasts obtained from the 13th movie over to Black & White to obtain Zorua & Zoroark. It is currently unknown if there are any limits to the Pokémon Transfer Machine similar to the original Pal Park restrictions in Diamond & Pearl
The official site also elaborates into the C Gear. It also shows on the menu and in the C-Gear that there are three methods of communication; Wireless, WiFi and IR (InfaRed) and you can use the C Gear with all three. These options are shown in the battle menu so it'll be able to tell when you're battling in any of those. These options are running while you're in actual gameplay as opposed to in a Union Room. To what extent, is not yet known.
So, DPPt to BW transfer... appears to be one at a time. Annoying, no?
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Zorua on June 14, 2010, 03:12:18 AM
Uh, when did I say you didn't? Come the intercourse  on. Everything I post isn't just about you. You're not the center of NSFCD. I was just making things clear for everyone.

You quoted my post. lol fail

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on June 14, 2010, 10:09:14 PM
You quoted my post. lol fail
So if I quote a post that automatically means everything in the post is directed at that person?

I hate my family. My mother is abusive. But I quoted your post in the same post that I say this in, so apparently I'm talking about you. :|
[move][/move]

Relichris

Kayo

Quote from: Relichris on June 15, 2010, 08:59:29 AM
I don't understand why everyone is fighting.  :p
People don't respect the purpose of threads like this, that's why. :|
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Zorua on June 15, 2010, 08:30:54 AM
So if I quote a post that automatically means everything in the post is directed at that person?

I hate my family. My mother is abusive. But I quoted your post in the same post that I say this in, so apparently I'm talking about you. :|

Not exactlly, but its all about context. You're talking TO ME when you quote my intercourse ing post. Way to be a forum scrub. You're saying that you hate your family, but you're still talking to me directly because of your intercourse ing context in the sentences after the two regarding your family.

Typically, I make it obvious after I quote someone when I'm not talking to them any longer. No other way to explain it really.

At any rate(oh poop I'm doing it), I'd like for everyone to take a look at this screen.

The bottom screen tells you what weather effect is in place. Hopefully this means we don't have to deal with the "WELL FUCK ITS STILL RAINING GUYS" crap in battle that takes like 5 seconds to get through.

Relichris

jnfs2014

No offense Kaos, but when there is discussion about an unreleased game, there is bound to be rumors. You just have to live with it and when it's confirmed true/fake, then you may include it/disclude it.

Kayo

Quote from: Jason Rose on June 15, 2010, 10:37:24 AM
No offense Kaos, but when there is discussion about an unreleased game, there is bound to be rumors. You just have to live with it and when it's confirmed true/fake, then you may include it/disclude it.
I didn't say there wouldn't be rumors. I just don't want people acting like they're real if they haven't been confirmed. It confuses what's real with what might be real. So discussion of rumors, like I said a few times, is alright as long as they remain viewed as rumors.

If a rumor is proven false (which never happens until the game comes out in japan, or a counterexample is proven true), then I don't want to hear about it. If it's proven true, then it will be added to the first post and open discussion on it will be allowed, and encouraged.

[move][/move]

Rius

Um, quite frankly it's not up to you to decide whether we want to view the rumors as real or not. If I take the position of true until proven otherwise, nothing you can say will change that or my posts that reflect such. Furthermore, since this is an "official" discussion thread for the 5th, that is inclusive of any major rumors that may come about. Unless you lock the thread, you really can't stop it. On a similar note, no one asked you to recognize the rumors as valid, so no one pressured you to include them on the first page.

Of course finally, we come to the point that no one here has neither stated nor implied (least of all Zero) that the rumors were real. Pretty much every comment on the rumors included the words "if" or "maybe". There was no observable foundation for your lambasting the rumors in this thread.

In other words, chill out; you can't control what other people post about things.

Kayo

Quote from: Rius on June 15, 2010, 08:37:58 PM
Um, quite frankly it's not up to you to decide whether we want to view the rumors as real or not. If I take the position of true until proven otherwise, nothing you can say will change that or my posts that reflect such. Furthermore, since this is an "official" discussion thread for the 5th, that is inclusive of any major rumors that may come about. Unless you lock the thread, you really can't stop it. On a similar note, no one asked you to recognize the rumors as valid, so no one pressured you to include them on the first page.

Of course finally, we come to the point that no one here has neither stated nor implied (least of all Zero) that the rumors were real. Pretty much every comment on the rumors included the words "if" or "maybe". There was no observable foundation for your lambasting the rumors in this thread.

In other words, chill out; you can't control what other people post about things.
I will say this one more time, and it will be the last intercourse ing time.

I never said people were already acting like these rumors were real. Get it? Good. I'm saying that I do not want this to happen. Okay? That's it. And like I said, I don't give a flying intercourse  what you think about the rumors, just keep all your "This hasn't been confirmed as real at all but I KNOW ITS REAL" poop out of the thread. This thread is not for flaunting false information saying it's true, in the same way as a thread about water bottle deposits is not for your favorite ice cream flavor. I said in the first post this thread is for CONFIRMED INFORMATION, and that is not going to change.

I do not support any rumors. And do not ask me to. I never said that it was up to me to decide how you felt, so stop twisting my words around. I just said to always include the intercourse ing "if" or "maybe" or "I hope" poop when you talk about your rumors. I'm afraid the people of NSFCD can't comprehend that though.

Final note. I don't care what you post, just don't be confusing what's real and what's not in this thread. I was hoping that this would be a good place to put all the TRUE, REAL information on the new generation, but I guess my hopes have been crushed.
[move][/move]

Rius

Quote from: Zorua on June 16, 2010, 05:25:37 AM
I never said people were already acting like these rumors were real. Get it? Good. I'm saying that I do not want this to happen. Okay? That's it. And like I said, I don't give a flying intercourse  what you think about the rumors, just keep all your "This hasn't been confirmed as real at all but I KNOW ITS REAL" poop out of the thread.
"Of course finally, we come to the point that no one here has neither stated nor implied (least of all Zero) that the rumors were real. Pretty much every comment on the rumors included the words "if" or "maybe". There was no observable foundation for your lambasting the rumors in this thread."

My main point included in italics, for your convenience.

This thread is not for flaunting false information saying it's true, in the same way as a thread about water bottle deposits is not for your favorite ice cream flavor. I said in the first post this thread is for CONFIRMED INFORMATION, and that is not going to change.
See the above. Also, your analogy does not work. No matter your intention, the thread is titled "The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread". Even if I were to claim the existence of Megajynx in 5th gen, it still falls under the category of B&W/5th gen discussion. If it's a complete and blatant lie, I deserve flak for it, but it's not off topic.

As for rumors in general, no information is confirmed unless it's on the Japanese Pokemon website or Pokemon Sunday; CoroCoro scans have been faked before. Serebii's credibility is in the same league as the source for the rumors in question, who posted the rumors as a discussion point, not as confirmed info. Which is what I thought the point of this thread was, but it seems I, and many others, were misled. Finally, I don't think retroactively adding some rule on rumors is fair; it would be the same as me altering the rules of the Olympics to state anyone who disagrees with me cannot participate.

I do not support any rumors. And do not ask me to. I never said that it was up to me to decide how you felt, so stop twisting my words around. I just said to always include the intercourse ing "if" or "maybe" or "I hope" poop when you talk about your rumors. I'm afraid the people of NSFCD can't comprehend that though.
No one asked you to, and I did not twist your words:
"I just don't want people acting like they're real if they haven't been confirmed... So discussion of rumors, like I said a few times, is alright as long as they remain viewed as rumors."

What I said was "...it's not up to you to decide whether we want to view the rumors as real or not." Again, I can act like the rumors are real, even if they aren't. It would be my fault if I can't find the solid evidence to back it up and if I came off as an idiot. For example, Riddler and his Cubone/Kangaskhan idea in another thread; no matter what (solid, may I add >:|) evidence I present, he can assume that Cubone is some freak Kangaskhan accident or whatever. No one can stop him.

Though I must add he, like every post in this thread, acknowledged these were possibilities and rumors: your beloved words "if", "hope", "change", etc. are used throughout the posts that include speculation about the next generation. The people of NSFCD understood that before you went on a rampage about it; I think it's safe to assume no one understands what is your basis for starting this discussion, however.

As for crushing hopes and such, I really wouldn't invest that much feeling into a thread, but that's up to you. Now stop arguing with me before I disqualify you from the Olympics. >:(

Back to the actual topic of the thread, seemingly CoroCoro says the website associated with Black and White allows you to upload your save file to the Internet and play; while it kind of defeats the purpose of portable gaming, I think it would be kind of awesome if there were areas you could only access online, or holiday-themed areas and such. Or it could be something similar to the PokeWalker, though less health conscious.