News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

X-3

Quote from: Rius on June 16, 2010, 04:23:31 PM
Back to the actual topic of the thread, seemingly CoroCoro says the website associated with Black and White allows you to upload your save file to the Internet and play; while it kind of defeats the purpose of portable gaming, I think it would be kind of awesome if there were areas you could only access online, or holiday-themed areas and such. Or it could be something similar to the PokeWalker, though less health conscious.

Maybe you could fight others online with a computer, or get event stuff.

Kayo

First post updated, a rule about plagiarism. I've seen a few incidents of it here in the thread, and I would like to address, a quick summary for those too lazy to check the first post:

If you post information, include a source. DO NOT just copy/paste information from another website, unless you place it in a quote box and/or mention the source it comes from. You may link to the original page you got the information from. Otherwise, it is considered plagiarism. Also, we would like to know the sources for your information.

I guess this is an update to the rumors thing. So here, a note about rumors.

DO NOT post any rumors without the source they came from. We may believe them if you have a valid source, but if you don't, you may have just made it up. So please, post sources with your information.

I think everyone will find this fair.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

bluaki

Quote from: Cornwad on June 12, 2010, 08:26:45 PM
Zekrom's ability is named "Teravoltage," not "Terra Voltage." "Tera" is a prefix that means one trillion. Does this mean it can generate a trillion volts of electricity with its tail generator?
Something to note with this, the Japanese name for Thunderbolt (move) is 10まんボルト/10manvolt which literally translates as "100,000 VOLTS"

Quote from: Zorua on June 13, 2010, 08:52:02 AM
It is Kentarosu. That's the actual translation of the japanese characters. ケンタロス is the actual spelling of the name. Let me break it down for you:
ケ - KE
ン - N
タ - TA
ロ - RO
ス - SU
They made it appear as "Kentauros" because they are pronounced the same. (An un-accented u at the end of a japanese word is barely pronounced) And it would make more sense to us Americans to know where the name comes from, because it sppearing as "Kentarosu" would just confuse us all, but seeing "Kentauros" makes us say "Oh hey, I get it." and see where the name is from.
On a vaguely related note, why do people say Zoroa's (ゾロア) name is Zorua in English letters? I'm sure that ロ is always pronounced like "row" and that the letter u in that place is never pronounced like that.

JrDude

Charizard evolves, it's a triple type, steel, fire, dragon, it's called Farizard.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 17, 2010, 09:16:52 PM
Charizard evolves, it's a triple type, steel, fire, dragon, it's called Farizard.

Finally, something intelligent on this thread.

Macawmoses

from Gonintendo...

"Pokemon found in Kanto, Jouto and the other areas of past Pokemon games are, for the most part, absent from Isshu"

This would leave support for the suggestion of 150+ new Pokemon. Obviously if there isn't that many of the old ones there, then there must be more to compensate.

JrDude

Makes sense, seeing as it's a whole new country, not Japan.
I have a weird feeling that Pikachu & family are actually some of the missing Pokémon, or maybe that's just how I'd do it because I like to make the obvious not actually happen, as in it's almost obvious that Pikachu is gonna still be there.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: bluaki on June 17, 2010, 07:30:12 PM
On a vaguely related note, why do people say Zoroa's (ゾロア) name is Zorua in English letters? I'm sure that ロ is always pronounced like "row" and that the letter u in that place is never pronounced like that.
Serebii said a while back, when the name was released, that the characters in the name translate to Zoroa. They said "However, it is confirmed that the name is actually Zorua" or something like that. I think they included a reason, but I don't remember what it was. I've been pronouncing it Zoh-ru-uh like you would normally pronounce Zorua. Maybe the japanese name is Zoroa but the english name is Zorua, because they always change ro to ru in the similar english names? No idea.

In fact, who's to say it's not going to be named Zolua? You never know.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Zorua on June 18, 2010, 06:18:47 AM
Serebii said a while back, when the name was released, that the characters in the name translate to Zoroa. They said "However, it is confirmed that the name is actually Zorua" or something like that. I think they included a reason, but I don't remember what it was. I've been pronouncing it Zoh-ru-uh like you would normally pronounce Zorua. Maybe the japanese name is Zoroa but the english name is Zorua, because they always change ro to ru in the similar english names? No idea.

In fact, who's to say it's not going to be named Zolua? You never know.

They might make that mistake in Japan, but I doubt we would get that seeing as how the "Zoro" in Zorua and Zoroark's names comes from the Spanish word for "fox," "zorro." There's no reason we would need to keep over some translation error like that if we know the origin, unlike Zelda's "zora-zola" problem.

Kayo

Quote from: Mewtwo on June 18, 2010, 06:40:50 AM
They might make that mistake in Japan, but I doubt we would get that seeing as how the "Zoro" in Zorua and Zoroark's names comes from the Spanish word for "fox," "zorro." There's no reason we would need to keep over some translation error like that if we know the origin, unlike Zelda's "zora-zola" problem.
Eh, I really wasn't considering spanish in that, but I don't know. .-.
[move][/move]

Kayo

Since this thread has been dead the past few days, I thought a bit of information might help.:

Quote from: serebii.netWith the new downloads of the beasts; Entei, Raikou & Suicune in Japan to tie in with the upcoming movie, further details have been revealed about the in-game Zoroark event. As we stated last month, when you bring the beasts to Black & White through the Transfer Machine, you will get access to Zoroark in an as-of-yet undisclosed location in Isshu. This battle with Zoroark has you first face against an Illusion of one of the beasts. Previously, we didn't know what causes Zoroark to change form, but a pamphlet with the download has since confirmed it.
If you send over Raikou, Zoroark will appear as Entei.
If you send over Entei, Zoroark will appear as Suicune.
If you send over Suicune, Zoroark will appear as Raikou.
It is still not currently known how Zoroark's Illusion ability will work outside of this special event. The pamphlet also further confirmed the fact that Zorua & Zoroark can only be obtained through these special events. We'll bring more as it comes.

That explains Zoroark's transformation, but still, a few questions have arisen. Will the Illusion ability work outside the event? Possibly not, which wouldn't be very fun. I don't see how it could, but we'll probably get some information about how it can that will surprise us. Doesn't look like we'll get any of said information very soon, though.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Serebii just explained how Zorua/Zoroark's Illusion ability works. Basically, when sent into battle, Zorua/Zoroark will take the name and appearance of whatever pokemon is on the second slot on your team, while still keeping its own type, stats, and moves.

Cornwad

The ultimate mind game would be putting a Zorua or Zoroark in both the first and second slots.

JrDude

Unless there are other Pokémon that aren't dark type that have that ability, it wouldn't really be a mind game, since they know how to attack it.
[move][/move]
Dude .

JrDude

Also, with the map that Rob provided in a different thread, the regions have all been in Japan, their shape being almost, if not exactly, identical to a part of Japan. We have pictures of the new region, which was said to be in a new area, anyone able to determine or guess what country Isshu is in, based on the pics?
[move][/move]
Dude .