News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Shujinco2

I love the starters. The Grass and the Fire are awesome. Still don't like the Water. .-.

I don't like the rest of the pokemon though. The new legandaries and the other 7 pokemon don't appeal to me, in the least.

I hope this doesn't start being like 3rd gen...

Kayo

I was busy all day, so i was unable to update. =X

But yeah, nice piece of info. Pretty cool how that can trick people, as you can control what it appears as.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Rayquarian

What happens when you use Skill Swap on a pokémon with the illusion ability...

Regardless, illusion will make a great fake-out ability.

Cornwad

It's far away from the other regions (not Japan). Since it isn't Japan, it must be the US.

Kayo

Quote from: Cornwad on June 23, 2010, 06:26:14 PM
It's far away from the other regions (not Japan). Since it isn't Japan, it must be the US.
I think it was mentioned a while ago that is was. It's fit the US perfectly for so long now, there's no way it could be any other country.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Quote from: Rayquarian on June 23, 2010, 06:16:49 PM
What happens when you use Skill Swap on a pokémon with the illusion ability...

Regardless, illusion will make a great fake-out ability.
If disguised, it would likely undisguise it. The stealer will likely have nothing special like some other abilities (Like Ralts copying Kekleon's ability or something like that, it doesn't work)
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

What if you trace illusion? Or would it be a dead giveaway like this:

Opponent sent out Azelf!
Go, Gardevoir!
Gardevoir traced Azelf's Illusion!

...isn't that obvious?
[move][/move]

Rayquarian

Quote from: Kianglo on June 24, 2010, 09:59:57 AM
What if you trace illusion? Or would it be a dead giveaway like this:

Opponent sent out Azelf!
Go, Gardevoir!
Gardevoir traced Azelf's Illusion!

...isn't that obvious?
If so, it'd probably make pokémon with Trace popular leads.

But then again, that's only Gardevoir and Porygon2.

Kayo

Quote from: Grovyle on June 24, 2010, 10:06:18 AM
If so, it'd probably make pokémon with Trace popular leads.

But then again, that's only Gardevoir and Porygon2.
I'd imagine so. Actually, probably not. Gardevoir would seemingly rise from BL to OU, but remember this.

Zoroark is a DARK-type. It beats Gardevoir. Zoroark will most likely attack first, and its Night Slash will probably kill Gardevoir in a single hit, due to its mediocre physical defense. Would Gardevoir switch, then, after discovering a Zoroark? Would Zoroark switch too? What would that do to the metagame?

What if Zoroark comes out late game? Does it still take the place of the second pokemon in the party? or the pokemon after Zoroark? If Zoroark is last in your party and you switch to it? I'm so confused.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Mewtwo on June 23, 2010, 10:59:38 AM
Serebii just explained how Zorua/Zoroark's Illusion ability works. Basically, when sent into battle, Zorua/Zoroark will take the name and appearance of whatever pokemon is on the second slot on your team, while still keeping its own type, stats, and moves.

Holy poop that's pretty sweet

JrDude

It's not THAT impressive, I mean almost instantly will it be discovered that it isn't (EX:) Jigglypuff. It seems more like a "oh that's cool" rather than a very useful ability. It can be useful, like but Zoroark 3rd+ in line of the party, then if it's a real person who knows your party, they won't know whether it's Zoroark or the 2nd Pokémon, but still won't be VERY useful. Does it copy fainted Pokémon?
[move][/move]
Dude .

So_So_Man

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 25, 2010, 02:36:09 AM
It's not THAT impressive, I mean almost instantly will it be discovered that it isn't (EX:) Jigglypuff. It seems more like a "oh that's cool" rather than a very useful ability. It can be useful, like but Zoroark 3rd+ in line of the party, then if it's a real person who knows your party, they won't know whether it's Zoroark or the 2nd Pokémon, but still won't be VERY useful. Does it copy fainted Pokémon?
Unless your second poke is a weezing (best option in this case being them using a psychic type attack)

Kayo

Quote from: So_So_Man on June 25, 2010, 08:49:25 AM
  Unless your second poke is a weezing (best option in this case being them using a psychic type attack)
Zoroark and Weezing are two pokemon in which one's weaknesses are the other's resistances, etc. It would work.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Is Serebii intercourse ed up for everyone? or is my computer just retarded?
[move][/move]
Dude .

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 25, 2010, 02:58:29 PM
Is Serebii intercourse ed up for everyone? or is my computer just retarded?
First assumption is correct, sadly.