News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Rayquarian

Cornwad

3 on 3 will be interesting to say the least, I have no idea how they'll fit 3 Zekroms considering those sprite sizes. I also actually laughed at how ridiculous the other new pokemon look. The one reminds me of Anakaris though which is pretty cool. Bring on Minotauros!

Gwen Khan

Kayo

If we ever get 6-on-6 battles I'm personally going to Japan to yell at GameFreak. :|
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kianglo on June 28, 2010, 07:37:18 AM
If we ever get 6-on-6 battles I'm personally going to Japan to yell at GameFreak. :|

7-on-7 battles, with your trainer wielding customizable weapons. Then we'll get 4-player 2-on-2 for 14-on-14 battles!!

The Riddler

DOUBLE BATTLES WITH TRAINERS, LIKE IN STADIUM.
TRIPLE BATTLES WITH TRAINERS.
WITH FULL PARTIES.

THATS 24 POKEMON AT A TIMEEEEE.

Kayo

If triple battles become competitive, we can expect to see a lot of levitaters and explosion-immune pokemon.

Also an extreme rise in the popularity of explosion and earthquake, which will lead to nothing but this:
Gengar (immune to explosion and earthquake)
Bronzong (immune to earthquake and resists explosion)
Drifblim (immune to explosion and earthquake)
Poliwrath/Politoed/Golduck (Damp ability blocks earthquake)

and a lot less of rock, steel, fire, electric, and poison pokemon who are weak to earthquake.

Oh, and Aerodactyl will become a lead on every team. It's immune to earthquake and resists explosion. Also, It's fast and can launch its own Earthquakes. Oh, how intercourse ed up everything will be.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

I guess that explains the new move that grants levitation to other pokemon then. The one pokemon reminds me of a water bear, so it's ok in my book.

DededeCloneChris

Wait, don't all moves that hit more than one Pokemon are reduced in power? If there are 3 Pokemon now, wouldn't that mean their attack power would be further reduced?

Rayquarian

Quote from: Cornwad on June 28, 2010, 11:41:34 AM
I guess that explains the new move that grants levitation to other pokemon then. The one pokemon reminds me of a water bear, so it's ok in my book.
Maybe Gravity will become a more popular move.

Nayrman

the currently new bunch just shown look alright, although not too interesting. One looks like an evolution of Nosepasss or something (I don't know their japanese names so if it says that sorry).

3v3...I dunno, seems a bit complex and unnecessary to me, but as long as it doesn't show up much, whatever I guess.

So, mid September for Japan eh? So I expect a couple new ones at a slightly constant rate to keep interest, with a full reveal of all of 'em mid-August.

Fish

Personally I think 3v3 is a little over the top and uncreative. Same goes for most of the new Pokemon.
What do y'all think of the game's graphics/ visuals? I have not bee impressed so far, but hopefully these pics are a very small part of what the whole game looks like.
As of right now I doubt I will purchase the game.

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on June 28, 2010, 03:15:34 PM
the currently new bunch just shown look alright, although not too interesting. One looks like an evolution of Nosepasss or something (I don't know their japanese names so if it says that sorry).

3v3...I dunno, seems a bit complex and unnecessary to me, but as long as it doesn't show up much, whatever I guess.

So, mid September for Japan eh? So I expect a couple new ones at a slightly constant rate to keep interest, with a full reveal of all of 'em mid-August.
First off, Nosepass already has an evolution. They probably won't give it another-- oh wait, they'll probably throw unnecessary branches onto evolution trees that are already divided among generations. An alternate evo for Roselia? They already raped that thing as much as they could by slapping on an evo and a pre-evo.

Also, gravity will possibly become more powerful. But then again, will Earthquake be reduced more? I didn't think Earthquake/Explosion/Discharge/etc. were reduced because they hit your partner as well, but now that I think about it they might be.

But yeah, since the end of the summer is when the game comes out, we can expect a few to be revealed every week or two. And all of them will probably be available no earlier than mid-August, but no later than the beginning of September. Hopefully.

As for the graphics, I'm not too impressed. The battles look alright, but in the overworld, the characters, while running, look like they're floating just above the ground. Did anyone else notice? It just looks a bit weird to me.
[move][/move]

bluaki

Quote from: Kianglo on June 28, 2010, 04:09:53 PM
As for the graphics, I'm not too impressed. The battles look alright, but in the overworld, the characters, while running, look like they're floating just above the ground. Did anyone else notice? It just looks a bit weird to me.
I've noticed this issue since D/P. 2D character sprites on a 3D background does NOT work well. Black&White are just further exaggerating the issues of combining the two by heavily using 3D in the background and environment.

I was hoping Gen 5 would actually fix this issue and make handheld pokemon have a fully 3D overworld, but instead they made it even worse D: