News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Kayo

I think they're more than capable of doing Colosseum-style 3D graphics on the DS. If not, Gen 6 (if we get one) better have it, and be on the 3DS. But seriously, the character sprites are as 2-D as they've been since the first generation. It's awful.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

They should have just waited and made 5th gen for the 3DS, like how EVERY OTHER POKEMON GEN EVER HAS COME OUT ON A DIFFERENT GEN THAN THE LAST.

Kayo

Well, a lot of people don't wanna buy the 3DS. I do, since it looks cool and hopefully will have all the capabilities the DSi has. They could have waited, and have been able to develop a better 3D aspect of the game. But no, they figured it would sell better this way. .-.

It would come out IMMEDIATELY after the 3DS did, since they were a little slow at the new generation of handhelds this time. Usually, the handheld is out for quite a while when the pokemon game comes out. I remember getting my first GBA in 2001. Ruby and Sapphire came out in 2003. the DS was out in 2005 (iirc), and Diamond and Pearl came out in 2007. By that trend the 3DS would have been out in 2009, but instead they released a half-step-up-in-generation handheld, the DSi, with no new games, since it simply used regular DS cards (ignore the virtual games for now, I'm talking about the cards)

In other words, they didn't know what else to do after having 2 screens, one of they ran out of ideas and simply tweaked it a little, 3 times. Or, you could say 2, not counting the what-the-intercourse  system, the DSi XL.
First they have the DS. nice.
Now a DS lite. Necessary? Well, I never got the first DS. When the lite came out, I got that. I like the design on the lite better than the original DS. So, i find it necessary. People who bought the DS Phat will disagree.
then DSi. Well, I had money, so I bought this too. Now we have internet browsing and virtual game purchases. Also 2 cameras. Okay, what other crap can we cram onto the DS? OH WAIT I HAVE AN IDEA

and finally, after an extra 2 years we'll have the 3DS.  [/rant]
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Nayrman

Quote from: Zero on June 29, 2010, 12:28:20 PM
The DS was released in late 2004. Just sayin'
Geez, just saying that makes time fly by.
I remember getting my grey DSPhat on launch day. Oy vey man, oy vey.

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on June 29, 2010, 12:28:20 PM
The DS was released in late 2004. Just sayin'
Oh, alright. I remember some of my friends having them in 2005. I guess they got them for christmas? idk. I was close enough.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Nayrman on June 29, 2010, 12:41:03 PM
Geez, just saying that makes time fly by.
I remember getting my grey DSPhat on launch day. Oy vey man, oy vey.

I know. It's been nearly 6 years. It's so weird thinking about it, to be honest. I thought it was the coolest thing ever, and now when I look at my beat up DSphat its just...wow...it really never was all that impressive.

The Riddler

Quote from: Zero on June 29, 2010, 01:54:38 PM
I know. It's been nearly 6 years. It's so weird thinking about it, to be honest. I thought it was the coolest thing ever, and now when I look at my beat up DSphat its just...wow...it really never was all that impressive.
That's pretty stupid. That's like looking back at SNES and saying it wasn't impressive.
For it's time, it was amazing. It still is a pretty good device.

JrDude

Of course you thought it was the coolest thing ever Zero. When something new comes out it almost always looks like it's the best thing in the world.
"OMG INTERNET ON PHONE?!" - "olol everyone has internet on their phone"
"OMG TOUCH SCREEN?!" - "olol everything has touch screen now"
"OMG CHAT WITH PEOPLE?! I'M GONNA DOODLE STUPID STUFF AND TALK TO NO ONE" - "olol who cares?"
"2 screens? Horrible idea" - "OMG I FUCKING LOVE IT" - "olol who cares?"
I'd do more but I gotta leave.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Rius

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 29, 2010, 07:19:14 PM
Of course you thought it was the coolest thing ever Zero. When something new comes out it almost always looks like it's the best thing in the world.
"OMG INTERNET ON PHONE?!" - "olol everyone has internet on their phone"
"OMG TOUCH SCREEN?!" - "olol everything has touch screen now"
"OMG CHAT WITH PEOPLE?! I'M GONNA DOODLE STUPID STUFF AND TALK TO NO ONE" - "olol who cares?"
"2 screens? Horrible idea" - "OMG I FUCKING LOVE IT" - "olol who cares?"
I'd do more but I gotta leave.
Take solace in the fact that your examples were truly inspirational.

On an unrelated note, based on what I've heard in the clips so far, I'm liking the music.

Zero

Quote from: Detective Conan on June 29, 2010, 06:24:36 PM
That's pretty stupid. That's like looking back at SNES and saying it wasn't impressive.
For it's time, it was amazing. It still is a pretty good device.

I was talking aesthetics, mostly. It was not impressive at all in that regard. The DSphat is probably one of the ugliest machines ever...and even when compared to the DS Lite in aspects other than looks it just...pails in comparison. The buttons on a Lite don't have that annoying click like they do on the Phat. The Lite is more durable because it has one giant hinge instead of a few small ones for the top screen. The screens on a lite seem more resistant to scratches, its smaller, the sound seems better, has a brighter screen that can be adjusted, has a better slider for volume control, more battery life, etc. The device is "meh", when put next to a Lite. The DS as a whole is in my opinion the best handheld ever created simply due to its vast library of amazing games, but calling the phat amazing is completely subjective and just means that you're easy to please, which isn't a bad thing.

Cornwad

I agree with pretty much everything you said, but the Lite's buttons are garbage. I'm glad they fixed them when the DSi came out and I assume they'll keep the good buttons for the 3DS.

Zero

Quote from: Cornwad on June 30, 2010, 12:39:38 AM
I agree with pretty much everything you said, but the Lite's buttons are garbage. I'm glad they fixed them when the DSi came out and I assume they'll keep the good buttons for the 3DS.

I'm not particularly fond of the Lite's buttons, but they're still better than the Phat's ultra-thin clicking buttons.

The Riddler

This should have been made an in-game item ages ago. This is a card from the base set.

Zero