News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

DededeCloneChris

The Riddler

Quote from: Zero on June 30, 2010, 02:53:17 PM
Why would you want to devolve your pokemon?
Teach it certain moves in one evolution chain and reevolve it to another one, maybe.

Shujinco2

Quote from: Detective Conan on June 30, 2010, 03:00:50 PM
Teach it certain moves in one evolution chain and reevolve it to another one, maybe.
This. Stats also work for this. Also, just for the lulz. I can see magicarps using Dragonrage.

JrDude

If they did that, they might as well just make every Pokémon in the evolution family able to learn all the moves the prevo(s) can, which I am actually fine with, (EX:) I don't understand why only Lotad could learn rain dance, yet the bigger smarter versions of itself cannot (unless you give it a TM, but I meant by level up)
[move][/move]
Dude .

Shujinco2

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 30, 2010, 05:01:04 PM
If they did that, they might as well just make every Pokémon in the evolution family able to learn all the moves the prevo(s) can, which I am actually fine with, (EX:) I don't understand why only Lotad could learn rain dance, yet the bigger smarter versions of itself cannot (unless you give it a TM, but I meant by level up)
This is exactly why it would be a good item.

bluaki

Quote from: JrDude φ on June 29, 2010, 07:19:14 PM
"OMG CHAT WITH PEOPLE?! I'M GONNA DOODLE STUPID STUFF AND TALK TO NO ONE" - "olol who cares?"
On that note, we still haven't gotten an online Pictochat. Which the DS should have had initially. Nobody ever cares about something like that when it's only local communications. Like comparing a phone to a walkie-talkie, except the walkie-talkie is still more useful than Pictochat.
Quote from: Kianglo on June 29, 2010, 07:47:27 AM
I think they're more than capable of doing Colosseum-style 3D graphics on the DS. If not, Gen 6 (if we get one) better have it, and be on the 3DS. But seriously, the character sprites are as 2-D as they've been since the first generation. It's awful.
They really are very capable of doing that. We can at least hope for the 3rd version to be on 3DS (not too unlikely considering Crystal was Color-only unlike G/S) and/or have 3D character models and otherwise improved graphics, though with Black/White they're already locking themselves out of 8-directional or analogue movement because it'd require remaking the maps. Maybe there's some hope for the inevitable other Gen 5 Pokemon games.

Zero

Crystal may have been Color-only, but the fact that G/S was developed with both the Color and original Game Boy in mind doesn't relate to much to the DS-3DS jump. The 3DS is a completely new handheld. The Color was, in essence, to the Game Boy what the DSi is to the DS/Lite.

If you think the 3rd version being on the 3DS is likely, think again.

JrDude

I find it very likely, who cares about how similar GB & GBC were? They always improve a lot of stuff on the 3rd version of games, and one improvement may be it being on the 3DS after it's been out for a while and more people have it.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

It'd be a completely different game lol. You can believe what you want though, as blind as it may be.

Rius

I think it largely depends on when the game is released; I feel quite assured in saying the 3rd game would be released with graphical updates, maybe even as a 3DS game. However, full blown console-style graphics are unlikely since that would require a new or heavily modified graphics engine. I also imagine Ruby/Sapphire remakes, if any, would rely on the same engine. That only really leaves side-games as a chance of 3D graphics in Gen V. Personally, I kind of lament the fact that Pokemon didn't wait on the 3DS to introduce the next generation. I could have been a launch title and been awesome.

Neerb

Anime update! Dawn replacement has been shown, silhouette of new guy has been shown, and, the thing we care about: NEW POKEMON have been shown in concept-art form. I present to you: a new bat thing, and new... something... and the 2nd forms of Mijumaru (Wotter) and Tsutaja (Smugleaf):

Cornwad

The bat thing looks like upsidedown beaked koffing with wings, and the other thing looks like Mudkip crossed with Larvitar.

Nayrman

Ugh, more Zubats.

And the second forms look pretty cool actually.

Gwen Khan

does that mean Jessie is going to get the Koffing like thing and the new girl will get the Larvitar like thing?

Shujinco2

Holy poop, Tsutaja just got SO much more awesome.

It looks bad ass. Like it's going to steal your child's candy.