News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Rayquarian

The new Zubat with Koffing properties looks pretty awesome to me.

JrDude

Maybe they're using the idea I thought of (Breed 2 different Pokémon and get a whole new one) and did that with Koffing & Zubat family.
[move][/move]
Dude .

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: JrDude φ on July 01, 2010, 05:28:31 PM
Maybe they're using the idea I thought of (Breed 2 different Pokémon and get a whole new one) and did that with Koffing & Zubat family.
Actually...that sounds very likely. In fact, that could be a totally new game mechanic.

Cornwad

That would create way too many pokemon, plus Jesse never had a koffing and a zubat to breed. It's just a new Pokemon.

The Riddler

[spoiler=NSFW]
[/spoiler]

DededeCloneChris

Er, dude, I think that picture can get you banned of the site. Remove it.

The Riddler

JrDude

Don't think like an idiot Corn, I'm not saying breed Gardevoir with Tangrowth would create a Pokémon too, just some with some while one/both hold an item (like when you breed Maril/Azumaril to make Azuril). And some Pokémon who can normally be gotten with special breeding can sometimes be gotten in the wild too. (EX: You can find Azuril somewhere in some water [I think, if not, I think you understand what I mean regardless])
I was actually kidding with the Koffing and Zubat thing, but I still do want this to happen.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

I think they need to finally freaking let us breed the Nidoking family with the Nidoqueen family, with the Nidoran child having a 50/50 chance of being a boy or girl.

JrDude

Or we can get Nidoran Genderless and it will evolve into Nidorine which will evolve into Nidolord ("lords" don't have a gender)
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: JrDude φ on July 02, 2010, 06:10:12 PM
Or we can get Nidoran Genderless and it will evolve into Nidorine which will evolve into Nidolord ("lords" don't have a gender)
No thanks. Six Nidoran are enough.

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

You know what? Can we get some more Pokemon that actually use old evolution stones? How many Pokemon actually use Fire/Water/Leaf/Electric/Moon stones?

JrDude

I was actually thinking the same thing not too long ago, I think I was playing HG or something.
But yeah, how come barely any Pokémon use old stones? The only ones I can remember using stones from past games is Lombre and Nuzleaf. There's probably more, but seriously. Also, why not use new stones on, I don't know, new Pokémon too? Not just like 4 old ones?
[move][/move]
Dude .

bluaki

Quote from: JrDude φ on July 05, 2010, 05:43:56 PM
I was actually thinking the same thing not too long ago, I think I was playing HG or something.
But yeah, how come barely any Pokémon use old stones? The only ones I can remember using stones from past games is Lombre and Nuzleaf. There's probably more, but seriously. Also, why not use new stones on, I don't know, new Pokémon too? Not just like 4 old ones?
You're only missing one: Skitty. It needs a Moon Stone to evolve into Delcatty.
Besides those three exceptions, stones can only be used to evolve into a pokemon introduced during the same generation as the stone itself.
This policy has made the number of stones since Gen 1 double while they're adding plenty of other weird new evolution methods including 14 held-based evolution items. They're basically choosing to make it harder to keep track of instead of expanding on previous ideas.

Regarding that flying pokemon, I don't think it looks much like Koffing at all. It's a ball of either fluff or spikes which has bat wings.