News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Eros on July 12, 2010, 08:01:15 PM
You don't find items on NPC's pokemon, save the occasional Sitrus berry, etc.

But in the Battle Tower you do.
I can see it now...

Isshu Battle Tower

Player: *Has Magic Room* :)

-Rules: No Magic Room allowed.

Player: ragebot;

The Riddler

Maybe with this new move we will see more NPC's with items.

Don't act as if it's a useless move. It's gonna be particularly effective competitively.

Kayo

Quote from: POSEIDON on July 12, 2010, 08:15:16 PM
Maybe with this new move we will see more NPC's with items.

Don't act as if it's a useless move. It's gonna be particularly effective competitively.
If even just Gym Leaders used items like Leftovers, Choice Band, etc. then that would be interesting.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Rayquarian

QuoteHe has the unique idea to set Pokémon free from people.

It seems like we have another misguided villain trying to make things better in absurd ways.  But it does sound interesting.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Thánatos on July 13, 2010, 12:10:22 PM
It seems like we have another misguided villain trying to make things better in absurd ways.  But it does sound interesting.
It's far more interesting than any of the other villains, so I'm down.

bluaki

I think I pointed out the text being kanji earlier, but serebii just confirmed something about that, of course only for Japanese versions:
"There is also a gentleman in the game which will switch your game from the standard Hiragana/Katakana text to Kanji"

Apparently triple battles make the position on the field matter for your Pokemon. Middle position seems to have a clear advantage over the two Pokemon on the edges.

Global Link seems to be a weird but possible good usage of online communications, minigames, and method for catching foreign Pokemon. Hopefully these games won't implement excessively annoying, repetitive, and timetaking methods to catch old Pokemon like Gen 4 did.

Infrared communications between games exists, but I'm not sure what the technological point of using them in favor of local wireless is. Perhaps some compatibility will remain with Pokewalkers or a new similar accessory as well. Serebii mentions alongside it quick communications like trading directly from the box (which sounds suitable for a communication method as unstable and vulnerable to disconnection as IR). Hopefully they finally implement other types of fast and possibly even one-way transfer of Pokemon between games; a lacking feature which has been annoying to me ever since I got Yellow.

Route numbering is completely resetting to start counting from Route 1, instead of starting at 401.

I don't have very high hopes for the system of having online players scattered across the region. It might sound nice, but it also sounds exactly like the sort of thing Nintendo would screw up and make essentially useless.

JrDude

The seeing people online while walking around is a good idea, but not for when you're going through the story.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

Quote from: Thánatos on July 13, 2010, 12:10:22 PM
It's people for the ethical treatment of pokemon.

The Riddler

When Musharna was revealed, people said that it was proof that Munna wasn't related to Drowzee.

I disagree.

[spoiler=See new post for easier to understand image.][/spoiler]

DededeCloneChris

DededeCloneChris

The Riddler

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on July 13, 2010, 07:50:04 PM
It's the Cubone thing all over again...
That's a theory that many people support but is too long gone to prove.

This is something new.

They're both dream eater Pokemon. They're pure psychic types. Drowzee's shiny is close to the color of Munna, and their snouts/color splits are the same.

You can't call it pure coincidence until it's proven false.

The Riddler

JrDude

I think the Poliwag Family is like that because when they were making an evo for Poliwhirl, they forgot that he was still a tadpole, and not some random blue guy, so they kept the random blue guy look and made Poliwrath (neither look like a tadpole which is why I think this is possible), then when they released them, they eventually went "DURP *facepalm* OK, we need the tadpole to become a frog. *next gen*"
If I'm wrong, or my logic is flawed, go ahead and correct.

Anyway, this is not the Cubone thing. Cubone and Kangaskhan are completely different, the only thing that was NOTICEABLY similar was their color, then some people noticed a few other similarities, thus overlooking everything, thus making a dumb theory.
Anyway, this sounds reasonable, but in a way I doubt it. It is reasonable for reasons already explained, those who don't believe it still won't believe if I repeated them. But this is what I'm thinking: They made them similar on purpose. Same species, they do similar/the same things. I'm looking at this kinda like a dog, when you think of a dog, they basically all do pretty much the same thing, and almost all of them have a similar face (long nose etc.), but there are many different kinds of dogs, some could be bred with one another, some cannot. If this is true, maybe you can breed these guys together to make a whole new Pokémon (I have high hopes for my breeding idea).
Another thing I think they might be doing is fixing what they think is a mistake. What do I mean by that? Hypno. If you look at (almost?) every Pokémon after first gen, (almost?) none of them have some item or something in hand (I don't mean like the stick Farfetch'd holds, or the bones Cubone [+Evo] holds, though I don't think they're doing much of that either). First gen has Hitmonchan, who has boxing gloves, Hypno, who holds a pendulum, and probably more I can't think of right now. With the lack of things like that happening now, it looks like they don't want it anymore. They might basically be remaking Drowzee (Drowzee will still "exist," but not so much in the new area)
[move][/move]
Dude .