News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Cornwad

They're definitely related. They're practically the same pokemon, but Drowzee is more evil.

Kayo

Quote from: POSEIDON on July 13, 2010, 07:54:39 PM
You can't call it pure coincidence until it's proven false.
Bullpoop. You can't call it true until it's proven true.

And so what if they share forewarn? Drowzee has Insomnia while Munna has Synchronize. Your logic that "Munna's coloration is similar to a shiny Drowzee's" is extremely flawed. You can't compare one pokemon's regular to one pokemon's shiny color and say they're related. Shiny Metapod is Red-orange. Paras is Red-orange. They are both Bug-types. Can Metapod evolve into Paras? No, it cannot. So there, we have a counterexample to your logic.

Other than Musharna's darker-colored lower body separated by a wavy line like Drowzee, the two look nothing alike. Well, their snouts look similar, but they're both tapirs. Listen to this.

Pikachu and Sandshrew are both known as the "Mouse pokemon." They are both yellow rodents. But they're not related.

Goldeen and Magikarp are both fish. They both are orange (Goldeen is mostly white with some orange). Actually, they are both gold when shiny. A lot of similarities, huh? But are they related? No, they are not.

It is pure coincidence, and is even less believable than the rumors I've been hearing.

tl;dr no.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

Quote from: Eros on July 14, 2010, 09:15:38 AM

And so what if they share forewarn? Drowzee has Insomnia while Munna has Synchronize. Your logic that "Munna's coloration is similar to a shiny Drowzee's" is extremely flawed. You can't compare one pokemon's regular to one pokemon's shiny color and say they're related. Shiny Metapod is Red-orange. Paras is Red-orange. They are both Bug-types. Can Metapod evolve into Paras? No, it cannot. So there, we have a counterexample to your logic.

Other than Musharna's darker-colored lower body separated by a wavy line like Drowzee, the two look nothing alike. Well, their snouts look similar, but they're both tapirs. Listen to this.

Pikachu and Sandshrew are both known as the "Mouse pokemon." They are both yellow rodents. But they're not related.

Goldeen and Magikarp are both fish. They both are orange (Goldeen is mostly white with some orange). Actually, they are both gold when shiny. A lot of similarities, huh? But are they related? No, they are not.

It is pure coincidence, and is even less believable than the rumors I've been hearing.

tl;dr no.
You have some terrible examples there. Pikachu and Sandshrew aren't the same type, nor do they have the same abilities or are based on the same animal. You'd have a good point with goldeen and magikarp, but I think we can all agree that it's easier to  have to unrelated 'fish' pokemon than two psychic dream related tapirs. Fish are common. You could say "I had fish for dinner" or "I say a fish outside today." People would give you funny looks if you pulled a "I saw another one of those psychic dream tapirs today." They might not be related, but if they aren't Gamefreak must be really running out of ideas.

Kayo

Quote from: Hephaestus on July 14, 2010, 09:45:45 AM
You have some terrible examples there. Pikachu and Sandshrew aren't the same type, nor do they have the same abilities or are based on the same animal. You'd have a good point with goldeen and magikarp, but I think we can all agree that it's easier to  have to unrelated 'fish' pokemon than two psychic dream related tapirs. Fish are common. You could say "I had fish for dinner" or "I say a fish outside today." People would give you funny looks if you pulled a "I saw another one of those psychic dream tapirs today." They might not be related, but if they aren't Gamefreak must be really running out of ideas.
Well your logic isn't any better. So they both can "eat dreams." So they're both tapirs. Well maybe in Japan the appearance of a tapir seems to hint that it is capable of eating dreams. That's why when they made Drowzee they thought "Of course, this snout must be used for consuming dreams."

Perhaps they wanted another dream-eater based pokemon. In which case they resorted to the tapir again. It's purely coincidence. Now tell me. If you say Munna can evolve into Drowzee, that would make it a baby pokemon. (Which are pre-evos introduced in a later generation than the original pokemon, and if it was possible to hatch the original pokemon in any prior generation, an incense must be used to create the baby.) Every baby pokemon so far has matched its original evolutionary form, even by color. Think they haven't? How about a list of all baby pokemon. I challenge you to find one that isn't the same color as (or pretty darn close to) the pokemon it evolves into.

[spoiler=baby pokemon]Pichu
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Elekid
Magby
Smoochum
Tyrogue
Azurill
Wynaut
Budew
Bonsly
Mime Jr.
Munchlax
Chingling
Happiny
Mantyke[/spoiler]

One could argue that Togepi and Riolu are baby pokemon, but they still fit the color criteria. One could also argue that Tyrogue changes color upon evolution. This is not exactly true. All 3 Hitmons have a brown color like the color of Tyrogue's upper legs and shoes (unless they're just feet, which they probably are). In addition, Hitmonchan's body and feet match the color of Tyrogue's body.

Basically, Munna's coloration does not match Drowzee's at all, which is very unusual for a baby pokemon. The abilities are different, and their resemblance is PURE COINCIDENCE.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Shujinco2

Quote from: Hephaestus on July 14, 2010, 12:51:51 AM
They're definitely related. They're practically the same pokemon, but Drowzee is more evil.
Much like how Milotic is th Gyradose.

The Riddler

Quote from: Eros on July 14, 2010, 09:15:38 AM

tl;dr no.
I'm  not gonna bother reading this after that first line, because you missed a major point.
I didn't call it true. I called it plausible and possible.
You can't call it a pure coincidence when there is evidence to support it.

Also you're a intercourse ing faggot.

DededeCloneChris

BTW, it hasn't been proved that they're connected, so it's not official. Everything for now is pure speculation. If we go by theories and stuff, then let's just say it looks like a female Drowsee without the evilness.

The Riddler

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on July 14, 2010, 02:32:04 PM
BTW, it hasn't been proved that they're connected, so it's not official. Everything for now is pure speculation. If we go by theories and stuff, then let's just say it looks like a female Drowsee without the evilness.
You're right, it hasn't been proven and it is speculation.
It's also speculation to call it coincidence until it's proven.

X-3

I really doubt Munna evolves into Drowsee, especially with that new evo revealed. I think it's just because I hate the idea of Munna somehow evolving into one of my least favorite Pokemon.

The Riddler

Quote from: X-3 on July 14, 2010, 03:08:09 PM
I really doubt Munna evolves into Drowsee, especially with that new evo revealed. I think it's just because I hate the idea of Munna somehow evolving into one of my least favorite Pokemon.
If anything the new evo should help to prove a connection.

X-3

The new evo just killed the argument that Munna->Drowzee for me.

If Munna were to evolve into Drowzee in some way, wouldn't they introduce the Pokemon by mentioning that?

The Riddler

Unless they wanted to keep it a surprise.

The biggest catch is why the hell would they have two sets of Pokemon based on tapirs and eating dreams? It just doesn't make sense unless they're connected.

X-3

Animals have been repeated in the past. There's been crabs, butterflies, moths, pigs, snakes, spiders, frogs, dragons...Having a tapir be used again isn't too surprising. As for why both sets are dream eaters, I'll just chalk that up to mythology.

The Riddler

Quote from: X-3 on July 14, 2010, 03:34:13 PM
Animals have been repeated in the past. There's been crabs, butterflies, moths, pigs, snakes, spiders, frogs, dragons...Having a tapir be used again isn't too surprising. As for why both sets are dream eaters, I'll just chalk that up to mythology.
Animals have been, but this is something insanely specific. It's not an animal based Pokemon, it's a myth based Pokemon - Baku. Those don't get repeated, unless you count Moltres as a Phoenix, but that title goes to Ho-Oh. Moltres has a number of options to be based on.

Zero

I lol'd at the Goldeen and Magikarp comparison.

Anyway I'm surprised no one mentioned Wargle's new attack: Free Fall. It picks the opponent up with its talons, lifts them into the air, and drops them on the next turn.

So it seems like a combination of Fly and Seismic Toss.

I really hope they change Wargle's name though. For such a badass eagle pokemon, the japanese name just...ugh goes without saying.