News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

The Riddler

Quote from: Zero on July 14, 2010, 06:35:33 PM
I lol'd at the Goldeen and Magikarp comparison.

Anyway I'm surprised no one mentioned Wargle's new attack: Free Fall. It picks the opponent up with its talons, lifts them into the air, and drops them on the next turn.

So it seems like a combination of Fly and Seismic Toss.

I really hope they change Wargle's name though. For such a badass eagle pokemon, the japanese name just...ugh goes without saying.
War-Eagle. It goes back to the old style of naming Pokemon. :X

Also, it sounds like it prvents your opponent from attacking for a turn. It's probably a decreased priority.

Cornwad

Quote from: POSEIDON on July 14, 2010, 03:36:29 PM
Animals have been, but this is something insanely specific. It's not an animal based Pokemon, it's a myth based Pokemon - Baku. Those don't get repeated, unless you count Moltres as a Phoenix, but that title goes to Ho-Oh. Moltres has a number of options to be based on.
Maybe if we're lucky, we'll get another tree with multiple faces.

Kayo

Quote from: Barbaloot on July 14, 2010, 01:35:39 PM
Much like how Milotic is th Gyradose.
Valid. Look how close Feebas and Magikarp are.

They are both basic fish.
They both start with Splash, learn Tackle at level 15, and Flail at 30. And learn no other level-up moves.
They both evolve into Large pokemon that are long, serpent shapes with no appendages.
Their power and size sharply increase on evolution in both cases.
Milotic's colors (Red and tan) match Shiny Gyarados's colors. Gyarados's colors (Light-ish blue and tan) match Shiny Milotic's. As logical as your posts Rob, and that's not very.
Quote from: POSEIDON on July 14, 2010, 02:25:40 PM
Also you're a intercourse ing faggot.
Don't insult people if you don't agree with them, thanks.
Quote from: POSEIDON on July 14, 2010, 02:34:43 PM
You're right, it hasn't been proven and it is speculation.
It's also speculation to call it coincidence until it's proven.
Took you long enough. But thanks, I appreciate you acknowledging (sp?) that, honestly.
Quote from: POSEIDON on July 14, 2010, 03:21:31 PM
The biggest catch is why the hell would they have two sets of Pokemon based on tapirs and eating dreams? It just doesn't make sense unless they're connected.
Again, maybe Japanese mythology links tapirs to dream eating. Hence, Baku. So if they have a tapir it should be a dream-eater. Also Munna =/= Baku. Maybe in Japan, all tapirs are dream eaters, not just Baku. So, more then one tapir can be used, but all tapirs are based on Baku to the Japanese. (It is a non-native species to them)
Quote from: Hephaestus on July 14, 2010, 07:06:34 PM
Maybe if we're lucky, we'll get another tree with multiple faces.
What was the first?
wait wut *thinks*
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Eros on July 14, 2010, 08:43:12 PM
Valid. Look how close Feebas and Magikarp are.

They are both basic fish.
They both start with Splash, learn Tackle at level 15, and Flail at 30. And learn no other level-up moves.
They both evolve into Large pokemon that are long, serpent shapes with no appendages.
Their power and size sharply increase on evolution in both cases.
Milotic's colors (Red and tan) match Shiny Gyarados's colors. Gyarados's colors (Light-ish blue and tan) match Shiny Milotic's. As logical as your posts Rob, and that's not very.Don't insult people if you don't agree with them, thanks.Took you long enough. But thanks, I appreciate you acknowledging (sp?) that, honestly.Again, maybe Japanese mythology links tapirs to dream eating. Hence, Baku. So if they have a tapir it should be a dream-eater. Also Munna =/= Baku. Maybe in Japan, all tapirs are dream eaters, not just Baku. So, more then one tapir can be used, but all tapirs are based on Baku to the Japanese. (It is a non-native species to them)What was the first?
wait wut *thinks*
Ignoring everything else, I called you a intercourse ing faggot not because I disagree with you, but because you're a intercourse ing faggot.

Kayo

Quote from: POSEIDON on July 14, 2010, 08:50:24 PM
Ignoring everything else, I called you a intercourse ing faggot not because I disagree with you, but because you're a intercourse ing faggot.
Well then leave.

Please, I don't want this to erupt into a flame war. You have your views on Munna/Drowzee, I have mine. Let's just leave it at that.

Wargle (I guess we can use this name for temporary reference due to the fact that it's pretty much what the romanized version of Woogyuru or whatever would be) uh, where was I.. oh yeah, Wargle is awesome, in everything but the name. No matter what, I'll be reading it as if it rhymed with "gargle," instead of a portmanteau of War and Eagle.

Or I'll call it Worgle. But it now sounds like a bug. (Hey, Weedle and Wurmple, meet Worgle) so I'll never be satisfied. =P

That being said, the english name better not be something dumb like Wargle. I'll probably nickname it with a cooler Pokemon-like name if it is.

But yeah, an eagle. Further backup that Isshu is based on America.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Eros on July 14, 2010, 09:27:32 PM

But yeah, an eagle. Further backup that Isshu is based on America.

Wargle being an eagle doesn't provide any substantial evidence that Isshu is based on America. Chiramii is a intercourse ing chinchilla. Chincillas are not native to North America. Neither are Zebras or Apes. This is intercourse ing pokemon and a pokemon being a certain species doesn't indicate what country Isshu is based off of.

With that being said, I'm fine with believing that Game Freak intended on the America-Isshu relation, but Wargle being an Eagle doesn't prove a darn thing.

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on July 14, 2010, 09:35:22 PM
Wargle being an eagle doesn't provide any substantial evidence that Isshu is based on America. Chiramii is a intercourse ing chinchilla. Chincillas are not native to North America. Neither are Zebras or Apes. This is intercourse ing pokemon and a pokemon being a certain species doesn't indicate what country Isshu is based off of.

With that being said, I'm fine with believing that Game Freak intended on the America-Isshu relation, but Wargle being an Eagle doesn't prove a darn thing.

Well sorry, but seeing as it's an eagle (the national bird) and its colors are red, white, and blue, the idea was forced into my head :(
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Eros on July 14, 2010, 09:56:19 PM
Well sorry, but seeing as it's an eagle (the national bird) and its colors are red, white, and blue, the idea was forced into my head :(

It's color scheme actually fits into a more Native American theme than a typical "red, white, and blue" patriot theme. That isn't red you see, its a shade of brown. Brown, blue, white, and yellow are colors typically associated with Native American culture. If you wanted to vouch for its authenticity as a source of evidence for the relation, then I'd suggest using that.

However, what I said earlier still stands. Pokemon in past regions have creatures that don't exist or aren't native to the country that the region is based off of(Japan, derp). You can't make the correlation.

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on July 14, 2010, 10:24:21 PM
However, what I said earlier still stands. Pokemon in past regions have creatures that don't exist or aren't native to the country that the region is based off of(Japan, derp). You can't make the correlation.
I know that, but that's usually because they don't have a similar animal to work with.
Point is, they used a hawk (Staraptor), Owl (Noctowl), etc. Eagles, being the national bird always scream "america" to be. And the colors, yeah I was thinking Native American before. I just couldn't put my finger on it but dagh i knew it >_>

Its face looks rather patriotic though. That's probably only my opinion, doubt anyone else sees that, lol.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Eros on July 14, 2010, 10:32:03 PM
I know that, but that's usually because they don't have a similar animal to work with.
Point is, they used a hawk (Staraptor), Owl (Noctowl), etc. Eagles, being the national bird always scream "america" to be. And the colors, yeah I was thinking Native American before. I just couldn't put my finger on it but dagh i knew it >_>

Its face looks rather patriotic though. That's probably only my opinion, doubt anyone else sees that, lol.

Staraptor doesn't have a bird of prey's beak and is essentially just a giant starling, but that's aside from the point.

Well I could say Charizard's face looks patriotic and it really wouldn't mean much, yes.

JrDude

CONFIRMED! NEW COUNTRY IT IS BASED OFF OF IS... MEXICO
No not really.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

I'm telling you guys, it's T.Hawk the pokemon. Its two turn move better be changed to Condor Dive in the english versions.

What was the first?
wait wut *thinks*
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I could see us getting another one of these:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

Quote from: JrDude φ on July 15, 2010, 01:43:13 AM
I'm actually 99% positive it's red.

You're color-blind then.

That's brown. If you want to get down to it, it's a "clay" shade of brown. Clay has a reddish tint, but its a shade of brown, not red. It's what happens when Red, a primary color, is dominant in brown.

Here are some shades of brown and red:

The shade on the far left on the bottom group of shades is the closest to Wargle's brown. And low and behold, its on a BROWN palette.

Again, if you can't tell the difference between Red and Clay, you're intercourse ing color-blind.

Again, maybe Japanese mythology links tapirs to dream eating.

I don't know why you say maybe when its just a few clicks and you can find out if this is the case. Japanese Mythology refers to "baku", which are spirit tapirs that eat dreams.

Its interesting considering the tapir is native to the East Indies and Central/South America.