News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on July 14, 2010, 10:48:48 PM
Staraptor doesn't have a bird of prey's beak and is essentially just a giant starling, but that's aside from the point.

Well I could say Charizard's face looks patriotic and it really wouldn't mean much, yes.
My impression of it is that it's a starling merged with a hawk. Again, the Japanese name (Mukuhawk) forces ideas into my head again.

Quote from: Hephaestus on July 15, 2010, 01:36:06 AM
I'm telling you guys, it's T.Hawk the pokemon. Its two turn move better be changed to Condor Dive in the english versions.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I could see us getting another one of these:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Oh darn, how could I forget Exeggutor? >_>

Quote from: JrDude φ on July 15, 2010, 01:43:13 AM
I'm actually 99% positive it's red.
It's reddish-brown. End of story.

It's an in-between color. Consider it a shade of clay (actually, I see why you do because it's more of an earthy color than a straight dark red) but it could also be considered red.

It's far too earthy not to be taken as being a clay-ish color, though.

EDIT: On second look, the color on Wargle is far too brown to be red. The fact that it's with white and blue gives the illusion that it's red to match the white and blue, but it's definitely brown, as Zero said. You could also argue that the bluish shade is gray, but that's beside the point. (Looks like a dark blue-gray to me)

Quote from: Zero on July 15, 2010, 05:33:49 AM
I don't know why you say maybe when its just a few clicks and you can find out if this is the case. Japanese Mythology refers to "baku", which are spirit tapirs that eat dreams.

Its interesting considering the tapir is native to the East Indies and Central/South America.
Here's a bit of information.

"Munna appears to be based on traditional Japanese incense burners called koro. These are used in traditional tea ceremonies, but many styles of koro have been developed to be used with insect repellent incense. These insect repellent koro are popularly shaped like a pig and can have patterns painted on them, such as floral patterns."

So, in addition to somewhat resembling Baku, we have this. This makes perfect sense, considering Munna and Musharna have this "Dream Smoke" thing. Because incense burners, and smoke. I get it. Especially the "Floral patterns painted on them" part, which explains the flower-shaped markings on Munna.

Drowzee is not an incense burner and never will be.

Still looking more into this Baku / tapir thing, but that but of information helps out quite a bit in proving the absence o relation between Munna and Drowzee.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Kayo

Also, pictures with names, just because i was bored

I'd also like to point out that Moguryu, the mole pokemon released earlier, and its evolved form, Doryuuzu, have "Ryu" in their names. Ryu means "Dragon," and appears in the japanese names of the Draitini family: Miniryu, Hakuryu, and Kairyu. This means it is possible that the Mole pokemon are part dragon (Like we need more Ground-Dragons). However, I'm just guessing based on my small amount of japanese knowledge. They may not be dragons, and the "Ryu" in both their names may be a coincidence and come from another word.

They don't look like dragons, and we already know Kibago is a dragon, but I'm just throwing the idea out there.

Also bluaki probably has a reason that the "Ryu" doesn't necessarily hint that these pokemon are dragons.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

All of these new pokemon look really good except for the crazy prairie dog which is ok and the giant centipede hair thing which is hideous. White version just keeps getting better and better.

Wooguru better not suck. He's too awesome to be a Pidgeot instead of a Staraptor.

Qsmash

Wargle = War Eagle
Classification: The Valor Pokemon
Colors are red white and blue

Real subtle Gamefreak. On a related note, the Free Fall move sounds pretty cool.

Nayrman

I don't care what they name Minezumi come release time here, I shall always call him Ragemunk.

Despite it's always great seeing new pokemon, what I want is a full battle sequence to see...hopefully soon.

Kayo

I've decided to get white. I was originally going to get black because I prefer the color black over white, but...

Screw it, I'll get both. If I have the money and the graphics don't suck as hard as they appear to be now.
[move][/move]

X-3

I might just wait until the inevitable third game this time around.

Kayo

Quote from: X-3 on July 15, 2010, 02:34:32 PM
I might just wait until the inevitable third game this time around.
Watch this be the gen where they do away with third games.
[move][/move]

JrDude

I'm sorry I wasn't specific, I'll try to name the exact shade next time.
With less sarcasm, I don't say shades, Clay ~= Red.
Also, the sprite looks more red than the big ass pic, which is what I based my statement on, though it's still "clay" it looks more red than the pic does.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

I personally think it's all meant to be a more earthy red, white and blue. Voltorb red and Kyogre blue would look too bright and ugly as feathers, not to mention entirely unrealistic.

Brown, white and gray give the red-white-blue feeling, white still looking like actual, realistic feather colors. I think that was the approach in the designing of Wargle.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Eros on July 15, 2010, 08:38:36 PM

Brown, white and gray give the red-white-blue feeling, white still looking like actual, realistic feather colors. I think that was the approach in the designing of Wargle.

So are Cardinals and Parrots/Macaws not realistic? They're bright red. lol seriously come on now.

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on July 15, 2010, 09:45:58 PM
So are Cardinals and Parrots/Macaws not realistic? They're bright red. lol seriously come on now.

Picture a bright red, white and blue eagle.

Nothing. We're not talking cardinals or parrots. If wargle was brightly colored like that, it wouldn't look good.

Besides, no birds of prey have loud, bright colors. Wargle, being based on an eagle, appears to be a bird of prey.
[move][/move]

Rayquarian

Besides, the Native American color scheme still points to America.

JrDude

Also, if it were bright, it would scream USA, which is something I don't think they really wanna do. They don't want to make it 100% obvious.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

Quote from: JrDude φ on July 15, 2010, 10:51:39 PM
Also, if it were bright, it would scream USA, which is something I don't think they really wanna do. They don't want to make it 100% obvious.
Why? It would be the best selling game in history if "Now with America!" on the back of the box. They should also have an American flag behind Zekrom and Reshiram, and make all of the game music music remixes of patriotic American songs mixed with classic pokemon themes. Also, Wargle should have impossibly high base stats, making all of the lesser and unpatriotic pokemon completely useless.

Now that would be a game worth playing.