News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Kayo

Second one looks hideous to me. Also, it's not real. I recolored it to get an idea of what it would look like if it really was red, white, and blue.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Shujinco2

Quote from: Eros on July 16, 2010, 07:08:51 AM

Second one looks hideous to me. Also, it's not real. I recolored it to get an idea of what it would look like if it really was red, white, and blue.
I must agree, the first looks SO much better.

Kayo

Quote from: Barbaloot on July 16, 2010, 10:44:33 AM
I must agree, the first looks SO much better.
And that's the only reason they didn't make it exactly Red, White, and Blue. You get the same idea, but the colors look so much better.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

Aw, why'd you have to do that? Now the real Wargle will always look dull in comparison. I like the second, it's a patriotic parrot eagle of death.

Kayo

Quote from: Hephaestus on July 16, 2010, 11:55:52 AM
Aw, why'd you have to do that? Now the real Wargle will always look dull in comparison. I like the second, it's a patriotic parrot eagle of death.
Maybe the shiny form will be like that.
[move][/move]

Dog Food

Meh, can't get into this. They've expanded the universe so many times, it just doesn't spark the same interest anymore.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Light

Some of the Pokemon look good, some look like poop, I dunno... I'm gonna wait for the game to actually COME OUT to make judgments.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Rius

Quote from: Hephaestus on July 16, 2010, 12:09:37 AM
Why? It would be the best selling game in history if "Now with America!" on the back of the box. They should also have an American flag behind Zekrom and Reshiram, and make all of the game music music remixes of patriotic American songs mixed with classic pokemon themes. Also, Wargle should have impossibly high base stats, making all of the lesser and unpatriotic pokemon completely useless.

Now that would be a game worth playing.
I just have to say, this was the best thing I've ever read.

Anyway, I think Munna being a baby-form of Drowzee isn't far-fetched; the concept of both is remarkably similar, something that's unprecedented in Pokemon. Never before have two Pokemon shared the same type, classification, an ability, and species base and remained unrelated. Even the evolved forms have similar classifications: Hypno is the Hypnosis Pokemon, and Musharna is the Trance Pokemon.

I think the closest we've ever come is Gyarados/Milotic, which is probably the minimum of Munna/Drowzee's relationship. If Munna isn't a baby Drowzee, then its family probably is counter to that of Drowzee's. For instance, Gyarados is filled with rage and destruction, while Milotic is serene and can calm rage and aggression; in spite of its Dream Eater classification, maybe Munna's Dream Smoke induces dreams. On that note, you can't disregard the fact that shiny Drowzee is similar in color to Munna then use the shiny forms of Gyarados and Milotic to make a connection; their shiny forms actually have less color resemblance than Munna/Drowzee.

While I'm on the subject of color, if you use the red and blue of the American flag (not the bright red and blue previously used), you get this:

As you can see, they're remarkably similar. It's most likely American based, though probably Native American, mostly due to the more subdued coloring and headdress-esque features.

Kayo

So, the headdress thing, as Rius said totally adds to the Native American-ness (wut) of it.

My opinion on this is they wanted red white and blue, but sort of in a more Native American form. So effectively that's Brown, white, and gray.

Also Rius I think you synthesized Wargle's future shiny form.
[move][/move]

JrDude

I just noticed the headdress thing, I looked at it as a starish looking thing.
[move][/move]
Dude .

ThePowerOfOne

Good god, i'm definitely getting White now after seeing that tall... Black, goth.. Thing.

Kayo

The little green blob is more appealing to me than that gothic... good lord...
[move][/move]

Rayquarian

Quote from: Eros on July 19, 2010, 08:25:01 AM
The little green blob is more appealing to me than that gothic... good lord...
Really?  It's the other way around for me.

JrDude

I don't see why it matters right now, I mean, it's not like either are gonna be in your party, right?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

I don't know, that blob thing is pretty awesome. I'll put it in my party while going through the game.