News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

JrDude

The only party assumption you people should make is with the starters since most people like to keep them in throughout the entire game. Otherwise there could be some super epic guys that come around that are exclusive to the other game you decided on and then you change your mind because of it.
Hell, even the main legendaries shouldn't affect your decision.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Remember kids, there's probably gonna be a GTS-like thing for 5th gen, so you can get everything anyway.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

bluaki

Quote from: Eros on July 19, 2010, 02:21:33 PM
Remember kids, there's probably gonna be a GTS-like thing for 5th gen, so you can get everything anyway.
GTS is already confirmed as being available in every pokemon center.

Zero

It wouldn't matter.

The GTS in D/P/P is filled with unreasonable trade offers anyway. It won't change in the long run. The only way I managed to complete my pokedex in Diamond was through trades in Serebii chat, and it took forever to legit it because of Nintendo being gay with releasing certain legends.

With this next Gen I'm not even sure I'm going to try to 100% the national pokedex. 650 or so is just too many when there probably will not be a transfer feature between 4th and 5th gen games. Even if there would be, it'll be just as tedious and time consuming as the Pal Park. 6 Pokemon at a time and only once a day? Does Game Freak TRY to piss people off?

Rayquarian

Quote from: JrDude φ on July 19, 2010, 02:00:29 PM
I don't see why it matters right now, I mean, it's not like either are gonna be in your party, right?
Depends on how powerful they are actually.

JrDude

Quote from: Zero on July 19, 2010, 07:26:28 PM
It wouldn't matter.

The GTS in D/P/P is filled with unreasonable trade offers anyway. It won't change in the long run. The only way I managed to complete my pokedex in Diamond was through trades in Serebii chat, and it took forever to legit it because of Nintendo being gay with releasing certain legends.

With this next Gen I'm not even sure I'm going to try to 100% the national pokedex. 650 or so is just too many when there probably will not be a transfer feature between 4th and 5th gen games. Even if there would be, it'll be just as tedious and time consuming as the Pal Park. 6 Pokemon at a time and only once a day? Does Game Freak TRY to piss people off?
Why the hell and EVER try to complete the national pokédex? I've never even done that in Blue/Silver.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Blu, that's what I thought, but didn't remember.

Zero, in HGSS you can Pal Park more than 6 pokemon a day, but it's still tedious. They'll probably keep the ∞/day rule in 5th gen, but an update a while ago said that migrations are one at a time, and no "k now go waste time catching your own pokemon" game was confirmed yet.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

THAT'S WHY I HAVE AN ACTION REPLAY. I DONT USE IT TO MAKE HACKED POKEMON OR ANYTHING, BUT ITS A HELLUVA LOT EASIER TO TRAIN WHEN YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SEARCHING FOR TMS OR POKEMON TO BREED FROM.

bluaki

Quote from: Eros on July 19, 2010, 09:47:57 PM
but an update a while ago said that migrations are one at a time, and no "k now go waste time catching your own pokemon" game was confirmed yet.
Actually, it's not really confirmed. Some people somehow assumed that one at a time transfer is implied by the fact that, immediately after transferring Event Celebi, you're notified of the Zoroa event. I have no idea how that was even enough basis to get that implication.

Even if it is one at a time, that's extremely vague. As my own examples, it could:

• Be like a normal trade sequence (similar to G/S)
  • Show all the Pokemon in your box and let you quickly select the ones to transfer by touching each pokemon one at a time or whatever; also being able to interrupt your transferring if something special happens during transfer like an event unlocking or evolution (like My Pokemon Ranch)
  • Require the Gen 4 game to have the Pokemon you want to import in 1st position of party, save right in front of Lance/Cynthia's Room, go through a very long transfer sequence, and require a two-hour minigame to recatch your single Pokemon (Like Hell's version of Pal Park)

Quote from: JrDude φ on July 19, 2010, 09:46:16 PM
Why the hell and EVER try to complete the national pokédex? I've never even done that in Blue/Silver.
In the Gen 3 games, I went beyond completing the national pokedex and owned one copy of every single Pokemon (including prevos). With Pokemon Box (for GCN), I could instantly complete any GBA game's Pokedex within 5 minutes, assuming the game meets the requirements Box has for transferring.

I've worked on it some in HG/SS for both languages (Japanese and English), but haven't made too much progress. In Japanese, I only completed the first ~200 without holes.[/list]

Kayo

I'm gonna work on it in Platinum. I have 491 in Diamond (all but Arceus and... intercourse ing slowbro) and i'm too lazy to go get a slowbro.

i hope to get 493 in Platinum before B&W comes out.
[move][/move]

So_So_Man

Is it just me, or does that thing on the right look like a Luvdisc evolution?

Macawmoses

That thing seriously reminds me of a Digimon I recall. Just trying to think what one.

Cornwad

Quote from: So_So_Man on July 21, 2010, 05:05:22 PM

Is it just me, or does that thing on the right look like a Luvdisc evolution?
That's hilarious. Watch, the stats don't improve at all.

Rayquarian

Quote from: Cornwad on July 21, 2010, 05:32:15 PM
That's hilarious. Watch, the stats don't improve at all.
Looks like a mix between Kyogre, Luvdisc, and Togekiss.

The stats better improve.  It looks a little bulky, so maybe decent defense with Luvdisc's speed?

Kayo

Luvdisc may evolve into something more powerful than Caterpie? I'm shocked.

The only thing I ever used Luvdisc for is for getting Heart Scales in the 3rd generation, to give to the Move Tutor.
[move][/move]