News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

DededeCloneChris

So we can agree that being a Luvdisc evolution? Time to guess a name.

Romdisc.
Luvmance.
Fishve.
I ran out of names.

So_So_Man

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on July 21, 2010, 06:39:11 PM
So we can agree that being a Luvdisc evolution? Time to guess a name.

Romdisc.
Luvmance.
Fishve.
I ran out of names.
Never mind guessing names, time to guess how it evolves!
I'm guessing trade with a heart scale or some retarded new item

Kayo

Nothing's confirmed. Just a possibility.

I actually believe this though, and I seldom believe these things. But treat it as a rumor for now.

Evolution Method? New stone maybe. "Heart Stone" or something stupid like that.

Or level up in ________ location

Or female only must level up between 6-10 AM holding a Heart Scale with Gorebyss in the party

Or some equally stupid new method. Probably something new.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Two new videos.

Very spoilery if you don't wanna know how the game starts:
[spoiler]

So, you and your two friends are in your bedroom and you get a gift from the professor. You choose yours and the other two choose theirs, you all battle and destroy your room in the process.

Things I noticed: The health bar also moves. THAT'S FUCKING ANNOYING.
The sprites moving so constantly originally annoyed me, but Smugleaf folding his arms and tapping his foot made me smile.
Opponents don't have a "throw pokeball" motion. :|

The Tapir is intercourse ing creepy.
Gear makes me dizzy.
Derpbat is derpy.
THE CAMERA MOVES ENTIRELY TOO MUCH.
Ragemunk <3
Green Blob is creepy too.
inb4 black cat thing rule 34
WARGLE IS THE FUCKING SHIT.
[/spoiler]

Mystic

JrDude

I don't think the camera will move as much as it did in the video if you pick your moves fairly quickly like 95% of the world does. I think it will act like a screen saver except a little sooner. Also, the health bar seems to only move when it's time to pick an attack or something, while you aren't actually looking up there, possibly a signal for the retarded saying "PICK A MOVE NOW PLOX"
It also disappointed me that the trainers don't have a Throw Pokéball animation.
It's kinda weird that Ragemunk always has his hand up though, it wouldn't be if the sprites weren't moving the whole time, but since they're moving it looks like he should put it down.

Also, sprites look poopty in 3D environment.
[move][/move]
Dude .

bluaki

Quote from: JrDude φ on July 23, 2010, 10:48:52 PM
I don't think the camera will move as much as it did in the video if you pick your moves fairly quickly like 95% of the world does. I think it will act like a screen saver except a little sooner. Also, the health bar seems to only move when it's time to pick an attack or something, while you aren't actually looking up there, possibly a signal for the retarded saying "PICK A MOVE NOW PLOX"
Gotta love Stadium announcer's impatience when you leave the game idle.

I like the changes for battle animating with sprites. The overworld, however, looks pretty terrible when sprites are on a detailed 3D background. Also notice that, in the second video, low health seems to stop the music for a bit, possibly change it, and still make the annoying tone (perhaps it's a little quieter than before?)

Is it weird that, of the announcements so far, a villainous team hasn't even been mentioned? N seems like a rival (like Blue and Silver, one who probably hates your guts) at the most and he's not part of a team.

The Riddler

Quote from: bluaki on July 23, 2010, 11:31:37 PM
Gotta love Stadium announcer's impatience when you leave the game idle.

I like the changes for battle animating with sprites. The overworld, however, looks pretty terrible when sprites are on a detailed 3D background. Also notice that, in the second video, low health seems to stop the music for a bit, possibly change it, and still make the annoying tone (perhaps it's a little quieter than before?)

Is it weird that, of the announcements so far, a villainous team hasn't even been mentioned? N seems like a rival (like Blue and Silver, one who probably hates your guts) at the most and he's not part of a team.
N is a rival who wants to free Pokemon from people.

Sounds like his intentions are good but it's a bad thing.

JrDude

I think he may be the evil team, a lone rebel who you must stop. One kid always seems to stop a whole team, so why not 1 person basically be a whole team?
I think they said he hates people, so it would explain why he's alone if he's not a rival but indeed this gen's "Team Rocket."
I'm just throwing out strange theories, I doubt it's like that, but you never know.

I wonder if the opposite gender you can be will be in the story somehow (EX: Lucas/Dawn), and if (s)he is, I wonder what their role is.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

About the videos.

First of all Rob, the HP bars always moved up and down when it was that pokemon's turn to attack. Just not as much as they do here, but frankly I don't see a problem with that.

The fact that the opponent has no throw pokeball motion is disappointing.
The little pokemon moving (especially Mijumaru VS. Pokabu) made me a little dizzy. Quite annoying, actually. Maybe I'm just not used to it. Tsutaja is alright, though. I do love his impatient foot tapping, and he doesn't bounce around like a lunatic like Pokabu and Mijumaru do.
The new starters' cries are weird.

Now, the second video:

Munna's floating is a little ominous.
Chiramii's multi-hit attack looks pretty cool, and the multihits are faster than previous generations. No more *attack* ... *hit sound effect* ... *HP drops* ... *attack* (repeat), it's a lot more flowing.
What's with the camera pointing in the middle of nowhere before Mijumaru VS. Shimama? Also, red flashing HP bars during the hit are pretty cool IMO.
My dear Smugleaf is always fainting. Why u hatin, gamefreak ;-;
Gear... I thought watching it would be easier. I mean, they're gears, i expect them to be spinning. But OH MY GOD NOT SO FAST .-.
Koromori's flapping is a bit annoying, but it's not as bad as some of the Pokemon Colosseum idle motions (oh god zubat)
Did the crocodile use Sandstorm? More interesting than "X used sandstorm!" *Sandstorm just starts out of nowhere*
Greenblob looks all funny when it moves. Sort of weird. D:
Wargle looks cool. But Free Fall? Chiramii just appears on the ground then a little tiny thing lands on him? I expected better.
My god Musharna, and I thought Munna's idle motion was creepy.

I still believe the 2D sprites look horrendous on the 3D background.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

I think the camera moves around when nothing is happening, as it looked like the game players were taking their sweet ass time.

I'm just glad the fights are far more animated than they were before. A static camera with two non-moving sprites sitting there doing nothing? Fine in '98 when it was in literal black and white, but for the DS, no, part of the reason D/P/P were fairly boring.
The sprites on the 3D backgrounds look stuuuuuuuuuupid. Guh. Consistency Nintendo, please?

Kayo

The camera views as a screensaver thing aren't so bad, but they move so fast ;-;
[move][/move]

Cornwad

Well, it looks like that orange pikachu thing is one of this generations Mews.

Kayo

Quote from: Cornwad on July 24, 2010, 05:41:22 PM
Well, it looks like that orange pikachu thing is one of this generations Mews.
I disagree, it looks to me like something like the Pachirisu of this generation.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Kianglo on July 24, 2010, 05:47:35 PM
I disagree, it looks to me like something like the Pachirisu of this generation.
Or you could, yanno, read the sites and see what the intercourse  it is.

It's a new legendary, number 000 on the Isshu Pokedex. You need a "Liberty Ticket" to get it, and it's being handed out at events.