News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Kayo

Quote from: It's ROBBIE! on July 24, 2010, 05:53:14 PM
Or you could, yanno, read the sites and see what the intercourse  it is.

It's a new legendary, number 000 on the Isshu Pokedex. You need a "Liberty Ticket" to get it, and it's being handed out at events.
I said it doesn't look like one. Because, it doesn't. Shaymin didn't either.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

He wasn't talking about it's looks. He was talking about how it was announced.

Kayo

Quote from: It's ROBBIE! on July 24, 2010, 05:56:52 PM
He wasn't talking about it's looks. He was talking about how it was announced.
Well, i guess I could have been clearer with my response.

I know it's the new Mew/Celebi/etc of this generation. I see a bunch of things that make it look un-legendary to be. One is the fact that it stands on the ground. I've always pictured these pokemon as levitating. I assume it's a straight-base-100-stat legendary, meaning it has equal stats all at base 100, can't be obtained in regular gameplay, and is banned from the Battle Tower. All the previous of such pokemon have been shown levitating (even without the ability), with the exception of Shaymin, which doesn't look legendary to me either.

I know that isn't a lot to base my judgment on, but to me I saw a puny electric pokemon (see Pachirisu, Plusle, Minun, etc.).

EDIT: Now that I look at it again I notice the wings it has. This makes it appear a bit more "legendary" to me, and it seems as if it will be able to fly/levitate.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

X-3

Indeed. It has wings on a place where one just shouldn't have wings.

Serebii says it's Bikutini, Pokebeach says it's Victini. I kinda feel like

What a creepy little thing. I think it's that whole #000 thing.

Mystic

bluaki

So uh, Isshu Pokedex interface is mostly confirmed, and it appears to backtrack by not implementing HG/SS's changes, which to me seemed like a significant improvement (despite having just one major flaw in the terrible scrollbar).

Some notes about these pictures:
The second picture is showing a new Pokedex entry upon capture, while the third is viewing it from the Pokedex afterwards.
It appears that both the Pokemon listing and the info pages do not use the top screen to a significant extent at all.
It'd take forever to scroll over 600 Pokemon; I doubt that 3px wide bar on the right of the first screen allows touch-and-drag scrolling.

Quote from: Mystic on July 24, 2010, 10:01:32 PM
Entei
Raikou
Suicune
Groudon
Dialga
Palkia

Hi.
He clearly means the cute, small, unobtainable legendaries in each generation. Up to gen 3, it was clear who fit this bill: Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi. All of these even have the psychic type, float, and seem pixie-ish. (Though it can be argued that Deoxys broke it then by being an additional unobtainable)

In Gen 4, with all the unobtainables, this pattern was pretty much destroyed; both Manaphy and Shaymin seem to fit this description, but neither are psychic, both of them have additional forms of some sort (Manaphy can create Phione; Shaymin has a Sky Form).

Oh, and guess what, Serebii's new banner even reflects this pattern:

Kayo

Quote from: X-3 on July 24, 2010, 09:58:11 PM
Indeed. It has wings on a place where one just shouldn't have wings.

Serebii says it's Bikutini, Pokebeach says it's Victini. I kinda feel like

What a creepy little thing. I think it's that whole #000 thing.
About the name change: I believe B and V are identical in Japanese. It can be read literally as either "Bikutini" or "Vikutini." Serebii says it might be meant to be a V, based on the word "victory" considering the poses we've seen it in. Also, in Japanese, the letter U isn't always pronounced, and usually you only get a full U sound when either the U is repeated (like in "Pikachuu") or accented (followed by the horizontal line character), so it's pronounced Viktini, and Vic- fits the "victory" thing more than Vik- does.
Quote from: bluaki on July 25, 2010, 03:24:29 PM
He clearly means the cute, small, unobtainable legendaries in each generation. Up to gen 3, it was clear who fit this bill: Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi. All of these even have the psychic type, float, and seem pixie-ish. (Though it can be argued that Deoxys broke it then by being an additional unobtainable)

In Gen 4, with all the unobtainables, this pattern was pretty much destroyed; both Manaphy and Shaymin seem to fit this description, but neither are psychic, both of them have additional forms of some sort (Manaphy can create Phione; Shaymin has a Sky Form).

Oh, and guess what, Serebii's new banner even reflects this pattern:

Well, I discounted Deoxys, since it doesn't follow the solid base-100-stats pattern. But yeah, even though Manaphy wasn't psychic, it still floated. Shaymin I'm sort of discounting, since the Sky Forme has more interesting base stats than solid 100s, isn't exactly "small," and, I guess, can fly.

So, we have Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy. Not a little pokemon that just stands upright on the ground. Pikachu and Pachirisu stand upright on the ground. That's what this thing looks like at first glance.

I'm now looking at the sparkly eyes and interesting V-shape made by the orange parts of the ears. That's giving it a "legendary" feel, but that's probably just because in the back of my mind I know it's legendary.

Also, notice how early it was revealed. Shaymin wasn't revealed until the "full reveal." Neither was Jirachi, etc, if I remember correctly. It's revealed as early as say, Pachirisu was. I just found it odd that the cute little "unobtainable" legend was released this early.

Unless, of course, it will be available in-game. Which it might. If they change things.
[move][/move]

JrDude

I doubt it since they kinda confirmed it is gotten through a wifi event.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Not very important, but Chiramii's official romanized name is "Chillarmy."

I'm hoping that this name ISN'T used in the English games. Why? Because to me, instead of looking like "Chinchilla" and "Army," I see "Chill" and "army" ..which sounds like an Ice- type.

And in case you didn't know, the new small legendary's official romanized name is "Victini." I wouldn't mind if this was its English name. In fact, it probably will be, following the past trend of the "cute, small legends:"

(Japanese = romanized = english)
Myuu = Mew = Mew
Serebii = Celebi = Celebi
Jirachi = Jirachi = Jirachi
Manafi = Manaphy = Manaphy
Sheimi = ehh, I honestly don't remember how this one worked. But Shaymin broke the pattern of the small legends levitating, so it's allowed to ruin everything.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

[13:18]   <erika>   The Chilla part isn't surprising whatsoever
[13:18]   <erika>   but army is
[13:33]   <Riddler>   well
[13:33]   <Riddler>   serebii claims its derived from just "army"
[13:33]   <Riddler>   i don't buy that
[13:33]   <Riddler>   smarmy means smug, and barmy means full of enthusiasm
[13:33]   <Riddler>   barmy seems most likely

Kayo

Most likely one of those two. When i see a fuzzy little chinchilla i don't think "army."

Which is why the english name better be different.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

Now we have a new bambi

a ragemunk evo

and this new bird thing

ThePowerOfOne

*sigh*

Well. So far the only new Pokemon I like are Reshiram, Zekrom, Zorua and Zoroark, the pink flowery things, the grass starter, that green thing that looks like a teddy bear suspended in snot, and the flying sheep/eyeball thing (Just for the sheer retardedness of it). The rest just look plain stupid, like a intercourse ing 3 year old doodled them or something.

The Riddler

Quote from: Cornwad on July 29, 2010, 11:20:00 PM
Now we have a new bambi

a ragemunk evo

and this new bird thing

I'm pretty sure those are all fake.