News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Zero

oh thank god you can get a pikachu

I was actually worried

[spoiler]not really[/spoiler]

The Riddler

bluaki

Quote from: Cornwad on July 30, 2010, 12:18:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnvJtravwdc
In that video, I see two people in knight-ish outfits who are called "プラズマ団" or "Team Plasma" (literally purazuma-dan)
In addition, it seems to show a transfer method from Gen 4, in which 6 pokemon must be imported at a time and they're captured in a minigame that involves using touch to fling blue pokeballs at them.

Zero

Quote from: bluaki on July 30, 2010, 12:30:09 AM
In that video, I see two people in knight-ish outfits who are called "プラズマ団" or "Team Plasma" (literally purazuma-dan)
In addition, it seems to show a transfer method from Gen 4, in which 6 pokemon must be imported at a time and they're captured in a minigame that involves using touch to fling blue pokeballs at them.

FFFFFFFF

Great, two aspects of the games I intercourse ing PRAYED wouldn't be implemented are a part of the games. Game Freak sucks ass. Importing 6 pokemon at a time is the most tedious and pointless thing ever.

bluaki

Quote from: Zero on July 30, 2010, 12:37:08 AM
FFFFFFFF

Great, two aspects of the games I intercourse ing PRAYED wouldn't be implemented are a part of the games. Game Freak sucks ass. Importing 6 pokemon at a time is the most tedious and pointless thing ever.
Yep.

List of things I dislike already about black & white:
2D sprites in 3D overworld is very ugly and doesn't allow 8-directional movement
Female player character's design, particularly hair
Character customization and online character appearance appears to be no better than it was in D/P/Pt/HG/SS
Everything I disliked about Pal Park seems to convert over to this pokeshifter: transfer being one-way, requiring minigame, doing 6 pokemon at a time

And this transfer method is by far the most significant of those.

Kayo

Okay, my rants of disappointment:

- Minezumi's (Ragemunk's) evo is ugly. It looks like a intercourse ing totem pole with feet. It's called Miruhoggu apparently.
- Shikijika... it's intercourse ing bambi. I don't like this thing AT ALL. I hate it more than I hated Glameow and Purugly.
- Stork thing? Mehhh, I'm assuming it's only wearing the jewelry in the picture for the Music Show thing. It still doesn't look too appealing to me. Reminds me of Altaria.
- Music Show? Sounds stupid. I think even contests were better.
- Pokeshifter? Oh my god no. DO NOT WANT. Sounds tedious. What, do you have to aim pokeballs at your pokemon? What about that tiny little Jirachi, etc. you try to migrate that you JUST CAN'T HIT ARRGH

Also, I've temporarily stopped updating the front page. No one checks it anyway. If you want me to keep doing that, let me know.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

ThePowerOfOne

It would suck if that little Bambi thing was a Stantler pre-evo. I would rather have a Dunsparce evo or something.

Mystic

Quote from: Kianglo on July 30, 2010, 07:56:45 AM
- Minezumi's (Ragemunk's) evo is ugly. It looks like a intercourse ing totem pole with feet.
So did Xatu.

Bambi looks like a remade Shaymin.

Kayo

Quote from: Mystic on July 30, 2010, 01:52:43 PM
So did Xatu.
At least Xatu didn't look like its pre-evo shoved through a taffy puller.

I've been pretty tolerant of the new pokemon so far but Totemunk looks hideous. (yes I gave it a reference name.)
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

bluaki

Though the video clearly mentions D/P/Pt/HG/SS with the pokeshifter, maybe it's worth noting that all the pokemon shown with it are starters from gens 1 and 2. And that listing all the PC boxes like that seems inefficient/slow for wireless communications. But it's only wishful thinking to consider a possibility that it's transfer from gen 3 instead of 4.

Also, regarding Jirachi and other small Pokemon, the minigame uses the same icons as the PC, so all Pokemon are shown in the same size.

Kayo

Quote from: bluaki on July 30, 2010, 04:13:13 PM
Though the video clearly mentions D/P/Pt/HG/SS with the pokeshifter, maybe it's worth noting that all the pokemon shown with it are starters from gens 1 and 2. And that listing all the PC boxes like that seems inefficient/slow for wireless communications. But it's only wishful thinking to consider a possibility that it's transfer from gen 3 instead of 4.

Also, regarding Jirachi and other small Pokemon, the minigame uses the same icons as the PC, so all Pokemon are shown in the same size.
Meh, they would still be hard to catch. I didn't think the icons would be differently sized. I just felt like using a small pokemon to enhance the annoying evasive effect.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

That whole transfer thing is really annoying. Do we know if trading will be made easier yet? That's much more important for me.

Kayo

Quote from: Cornwad on July 30, 2010, 05:25:03 PM
That whole transfer thing is really annoying. Do we know if trading will be made easier yet? That's much more important for me.
Less eye candy + quicker trading? I hope so
[move][/move]

JrDude

I actually think that it would be more fun if it took size into effect on that dumb game, but I'm sure it doesn't.
"HOW THE FUCK DID I MISS WAILORD?!"
[move][/move]
Dude .

bluaki

Quote from: Kianglo on July 30, 2010, 06:00:30 PM
Less eye candy + quicker trading? I hope so
At least for Infrared trading, it's confirmed to be faster. But that's at the cost of a very unstable wireless connection that could be a hassle to keep connected, so hopefully local wireless and wi-fi trades are also faster.

Regarding Isshu = America, look at one of the trainer classes; an American Football player: