News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: bluaki on July 31, 2010, 02:17:49 PM
Regarding Isshu = America, look at one of the trainer classes; an American Football player:

Oh well. I get tired of seeing the generic Lass trainer. Hopefully, these new trainer classes could have a special theme in PKMN parties.

Rayquarian

Maybe there will be a rock or ground type Gym Leader who's also a professional football player.  And maybe the rock gym won't be the first gym this time around.

JrDude

There are already like 3 rock gyms in 4 gens, I don't think we need more.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Rayquarian

Quote from: JrDude φ on July 31, 2010, 04:49:28 PM
There are already like 3 rock gyms in 4 gens, I don't think we need more.
And they were all the first Gym.  We haven't had a real ground type Gym ever.  Even though Giovanni was supposed to be a Ground type leader, he really couldn't be considered one until Pokémon Yellow.

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

bluaki

Quote from: Kianglo on July 31, 2010, 05:39:45 PM
Wait blu, what's this I hear about B&W and infrared?
Various things in the games, like that C Gear thing (or whatever its localized name will be), show distinction between three types of communication: Standard DS Wireless, Wi-Fi, and IR. Even in battles, connectivity status of all three is constantly displayed.

It's been mentioned in the past, in some video and screenshots, that some form of IR trade exists that is much faster than previous games' trading. In technical reasons, it makes sense that it's faster, because an IR connection is unlikely to stay stable for too long. Local wireless trading still exists but its comparative speed is currently unknown. I don't know what the other IR features are.

Compatibility with Pokewalker or a new similar device is currently unknown. With how long it's been without mention, I doubt a new device will be included.

Neerb

Serebii has new pics of Deer, Swan, and this gen's worthless bug. Oh, and this gen's Mew, Victini, is Psychic/Fire.

Gwen Khan

Cornwad

That bug thing is pretty cool. It looks like what you would get if your forced a caterpie and a weedle to breed.

Nayrman

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

DededeCloneChris

Cornwad

The real question is, will the bug turn into a butterfly, a moth, or something else?

Rayquarian

JrDude

Maybe it will evolve into a giant-looking dragon, but when you look at it's Pokédex size, it would actually still be small. There aren't many (if any) Pokémon that look giant but are actually small.
IDK, just throwing out some random unlikely possibility.
[move][/move]
Dude .