News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Cornwad

Maybe we'll get a leaf bug with butterfly wings or something. Bug/Grass is better than Bug/Flying.

Apparently these things do have wings. I want a pokemon one of these.

Macawmoses

Neerb

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/highlink.shtml

Wait... there's CO-OP mode now?! Did someone mention this already and I just forgot about it? This is awesome! (although not quite the FULL co-op I was hoping for)

Kayo

Victini is... Fire/Psychic? Cool typing, I guess. No more Bug weakness on the psychic side. and i guess it would go like this:

Weaknesses: [WTR],[GRD],[RCK],[GHO],[DRK]
Resistances: [FIRE],[GRS],[ICE],[STL],[PSY],[FGT]
Immunities: None

Meh, unless I missed some, 5 weaknesses and 6 resistances. Not too great, actually. But whatever.

Leaf bug must be a new Bug/Grass. Maybe one that's half-decent. Parasect was weak as hell defensively, and Wormadam was a joke. Maybe a Bug/Grass that can get around the Rock weakness and quadruple Fire/Flying weaknesses would be nice, but we know that won't happen. Hopefully its evolved form will look cool though.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

X-3

New 'Black' and 'White' Commercials; Only Fifth Generation Pokemon in BW

There's also this picture, which has some art of Pokemon we only saw in battle before. Oh, and two new guys. I think it's real. Take the image with a grain of salt anyway?

Cornwad

A Chimecho evo and a duskull prevo? Wait, Duskull already has three pokemon in its line doesn't it? It still looks like a mini duskull

WHY DO THEY KEEP GIVING US EXTRA FORMS OF POKEMON THAT NOBODY LIKED IN THE FIRST PLACE?!
But they do look pretty cool. Also, the spider looks like a furry ariados and the egypt thing is pretty cool.

Zero

Wait what? You're saying no one liked Chimecho or Duskull? Both pokemon were two of most popular 3rd gen pokemon. You have no idea what you're talking about.

bluaki

Quote from: Zero on August 05, 2010, 12:02:55 AM
...Chimecho....most popular 3rd gen pokemon...
What? It's news to me that people absolutely love a Pokemon which is useless in battle, is so extremely rare that nearly none even knew it existed until Gen 4, and which, for the people who actually did obtain it, wasted a few hours of their life walking around Mt. Pyre and running from countless wild battles in looking for it.

But Duskull is fine, although that image doesn't directly refer to Duskull like it does Luvdisc and Chimecho.

Cornwad

I like duskull fine, but I don't know anyone who ever liked Chimecho in anyway at all whatsoever. Luvdisc is kind of similar, but people like it because it's so bad.

Zero

Quote from: bluaki on August 05, 2010, 12:20:16 AM
What? It's news to me that people absolutely love a Pokemon which is useless in battle, is so extremely rare that nearly none even knew it existed until Gen 4, and which, for the people who actually did obtain it, wasted a few hours of their life walking around Mt. Pyre and running from countless wild battles in looking for it.

lol first of all, Chimecho isn't useless in battle. It's not an attacking pokemon, but its a mean supporter. Chimecho was also a pokemon in the anime that James had and there were Duskull, Chimecho, Ralts, and Poochyena plushes everywhere back when the anime was running the R/S arc. People knew of him. Don't intercourse ing try to tell me no one knew that he existed until gen 4 and even if that was the case it wouldn't change the fact that its popular. Don't put words in my mouth either. Popular doesn't necessarily mean "absolutely loved".

It's on half of every NU team I've ever played, and it is playable outside of the tier too provided you know what you're doing. Saying its useless in-game is ludicrous as well.

bluaki

Quote from: Zero on August 05, 2010, 01:56:26 AM
lol first of all, Chimecho isn't useless in battle. It's not an attacking pokemon, but its a mean supporter. Chimecho was also a pokemon in the anime that James had and there were Duskull, Chimecho, Ralts, and Poochyena plushes everywhere back when the anime was running the R/S arc. People knew of him. Don't intercourse ing try to tell me no one knew that he existed until gen 4 and even if that was the case it wouldn't change the fact that its popular. Don't put words in my mouth either. Popular doesn't necessarily mean "absolutely loved".

It's on half of every NU team I've ever played, and it is playable outside of the tier too provided you know what you're doing. Saying its useless in-game is ludicrous as well.
Metagame competitive battling in NU is kinda forcibly making useless or otherwise unpopular Pokemon be used. Regardless, I hate and don't keep up with the metagame.

Just around at school and summer camps and everything, I knew a bunch of people during generation 3 who played Pokemon a lot, but not with the ridiculous metagame stuff I see on the Internet today. Didn't really know people who cared about the anime at that point so I was unaware James had one. Essentially nobody knew what Chimecho was; in fact, numerous people specifically pointed it out as one they've never heard of when looking at my PC that contained every possible legit species. I have never seen a plush or any other merchandise of Chimecho, despite seeing a bunch of Plusle, Minun, Duskull, Ralts, Poochyena, and others. As far as I knew, it appeared to be the most obscure of the 386 Pokemon until Gen 4 when its obtainability was actually reasonable.

But I guess my sights are relatively low in not counting post-Johto anime nor competitive battling.

JrDude

Quote from: Zero on August 05, 2010, 01:56:26 AM
Popular doesn't necessarily mean "absolutely loved".
Basically, it does mean that.

Also, no one really liked Chimecho, you can say all you want how much everyone loved it but that isn't true. Gen 3 was one of the games where I didn't internet spoiler everything, so every Pokémon was brand new to me. I never knew it existed for so long, as well as Jigglypuff (and by that I mean, I didn't know Jigglypuff + family was even in the Gen 3 non-national Pokédex).

Also, no one watches the anime.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

@blu:

You're absolutely right, but the fact that its still used outside of NU and even in teams that don't take tiers in consideration mean people still like to use it. It's a fun pokemon to use. You're trying to use your personal experience as basis for if Chimecho was popular? Mine conflict with yours, then. A lot of people I knew, knew of Chimecho. Feebas was harder to get than Chimecho, btw.

@JD:
I never said that the thing was adored by everyone. Stop putting intercourse ing words in my mouth. No one watches the anime yet episode after episode is released. Yeah okay.

All both of you said was "I didn't know anyone who liked it". The fact is, there are plenty of people that like it now. Saying no one likes the darn thing is ignorant, and that was my original point. NOWADAYS as far as 3rd gen pokemon go, Chimecho is up there in terms of popularity. My bad for using past tense, but I was using it in the sense that I'm not necessarily up to current trends as far as pokemon popularity goes. There are certain constants like Charizard, Pikachu, and Mudkip, but random pokemon magically become popular out of nowhere.

but I digress. This hardly has anything to do with Gen V.

Neerb

ALL brand new pokemon, and we're fighting Knight versions of PETA?

GO AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kayo

Well, there were trainers who had Feebas and Milotic. 8th gym, both of them were in there. So people knew about them.

Chimecho, on the other hand, wasn't owned by any trainers iirc, and it was difficult to find. So difficult, that:
1. You actually had to visit Mt. Pyre after getting Team Aqua/Magma off it. You could do it before, but when they're there, you don't try to look for pokemon on the summit when you don't even know if any are up there.
2. You gotta climb all the way up to the summit again if you left. If you don't know about Chimecho, you see no reason to do so. So you most likely wouldn't.
3. You must locate the tiny patches of grass on the summit. Then run around in them. After a bunch of Shuppets and Duskulls, you see there's nothing else of note here.
4. Only if you decide to constantly run around in the tiny little bits of grass long enough will you ever encounter a Chimecho. In fact, you have precisely a 2% chance of running into one. Without knowledge of this mysterious pokemon, most people wouldn't stay on the mountain this long. In fact, they'd probably go back off the summit to the lower mountain outside, where there's more grass and pokemon.

tl;dr if you didn't know about chimecho, you never would just by finding it in the wild. Same thing happened to me with Corphish. I found out about it in Pinball RS. Not in the game.

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]