News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Cornwad

Now that I think about it, I didn't know about a lot of the pokemon in gen 3, because you couldn't find all of them in trainers parties like in DP. The clamperl evos, rayquaza, chimecho, bagon, the regis, there were a lot of secrets in that game. What a good gen.

Kayo

Relicanth wasn't well known either. I don't think trainers had it.

Plus, it was rare enough to be needed to unlock the Regis. Though there were rarer pokemon.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: JrDude φ on August 05, 2010, 03:24:33 PM
And Zero, please tell me you're joking, so you get lucky and happen to run into a Chimecho, so that means that 90% of people that play do that too?
You're stating your experiences as if everyone experienced it. Chances are, you are not going to find a Chimecho, even if you walk through every blade of grass on your way in and on your way out, some are lucky, most are not. Hell, you could go on every grass with the white flute playing, then look in every direction on each blade of grass, and you STILL probably won't find a Chimecho, sure you CAN, but you probably won't. How do I know this? I've tried it on Pokémon with a HIGHER (not much higher) % of catch and couldn't find, and it had more grass than that area (I used to try to catch every Pokémon possible [I always ended up giving up]).

tl;dr. You are the idiot while K is not an idiot in that message.

Why must you insist on putting words in my mouth? When the intercourse  did I say that OMG EVERYONE LOVES CHIMECHO EVERYONE CAUGHT ONE? When did I argue that he was rare? When did I state my experiences as if everyone experienced it? If me saying that its just possible to run into one and that I just so happened to means that I'm insinuating that I believe that EVERYONE encountered one then just shoot me now. YOU PEOPLE were the ones stating your experiences as if everyone shared the same experience. K clearly stating that it was impossible to encounter it in the wild if you didn't know about it prior, regardless of the fact that it is possible to encounter it, shows it, and there is other evidence.

Seriously come the intercourse  on, are you illiterate? All I said, FROM THE START, mind you is that there were people that like him and that it was completely ignorant to say otherwise, and a few of you were saying BAWWWW WHY EVOLUTION TO CHIMECHO NO ONE LIKE HIM DURR. More so on the last part than the first.

Quote from: Kianglo on August 05, 2010, 04:35:06 PM
Zero. Tell me you're joking. There's very little grass on the summit of Mt. Pyre. If you decided "HEY LET ME CHECK THIS TINY BIT OF GRASS FOR RARE POKEMON" then sure, find a chimecho. Most people don't even notice the grass there, and if they do, after the Shuppet and Duskulls they think that's all it has to offer. Seriously, finding those two 99% of the time must get tiresome.

You're contradicting yourself and you want me to tell you that I'm joking? I wasn't poking around for rare pokes. I wasn't running around in circles for hours. I ran in the grass a few times and ran into one. It's that simple.

@both K and JD: I say "tell me you're joking" and suddenly its the most popular phrase in the thread. Oh god lol

Also this entire debacle is completely asinine. The facts of the matter are clearly there and I'm tired of getting words shoved my mouth by complete idiots that can't read.

JrDude

I only said it because you said it. "Tell me you're joking blah blah bleh- Wow, please tell me YOU'RE joking dude"

"Don't put words in my mouth," when did I say that you said that everyone caught a chimecho? I never said you said that.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

First and foremost, I was asking when I said something related to what the intercourse  you were talking about. What I said("When did I say..?) were obviously exaggerated views that you said I had. I exaggerated your post, but it doesn't mean you didn't say it.

Quote from: JrDude φ
so you get lucky and happen to run into a Chimecho, so that means that 90% of people that play do that too?

JrDude

Actually technically it does mean that I didn't say it if you exaggerated my exaggeration.
So hah
I win.
[move][/move]
Dude .

bluaki

Has anyone else noticed how the HG/SS PC system is so ridiculously inconsistent? And it seems to also remove several features the other PC systems used. As a few examples:
  • Touching the "Return" button, you get asked "Exit the box?". Pressing B is the button equivalent and highlights that button when pressed, but it instead asks the exact opposite: "Continue box operations?". Essentially, you need to remember to answer in an opposite way depending on how you pressed the button.
  • Two different pop-up Party windows exist. Though the reason for this is clearly distinction between being able to show the menu or boxes, it just plain sounds like terrible design and seems confusing to the player. There are several better ways they could have handled the menu and probably keep the party onscreen at all times.
  • The Y button can open the selected Pokemon's summary page only when the menu cannot be displayed. Though this is the case where that shortcut is most useful, the Y button has no other purpose whatsoever and should retain that function when the party is hidden.
  • For button-based navigation, nothing but A and B have an effect. L and R do not switch boxes quickly. There is no "orange glove" to allow lifting a pokemon with a single button press instead of opening the menu (unless the party is shown at the right and menu cannot be displayed).
  • Rectangle selection or any other form of lifting multiple Pokemon at once is completely removed. I very often find myself dragging many Pokemon one-by-one into the mini preview thing then later switching to that target box and reorganizing them the way they were before to get the same effect I used to.
Hopefully, Black&White actually improve upon the PC while keeping the actual features HG/SS implemented, instead of reverting to the system used up to Platinum like they already appear to be doing with the Pokedex. On second look, it actually seems like Black/White's list is going way back to resemble the G/S design very closely but with even less info visible (but consider there's a second screen that may say seen/caught numbers)
[spoiler=dex interface comparison]

[/spoiler]

Kayo

blu, I agree completely. The Y button thing was annoying, as well as exiting the box. Took getting used to, in fact I'm still not entirely used to it. I miss the darn orange glove. So much. I used it all the time.

My R button on my DSi doesn't work and I've been too lazy to get a new one. I should before my 2-year warranty expires. So I got used to not using L and R anyway.

Also, the show/hide party thing is so confusing. I get lost trying to get to the arrangement I want. And I can't access held items and stuff unless I'm in a specific mode. Which gets annoying at times.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

So does this mean that we won't be able to get the super chimecho or luvdisc until after we get the national dex? I thought this game was supposed to only have the new ones, unless luvdisc and chimecho are originally from America.

Kayo

Quote from: Cornwad on August 06, 2010, 12:41:27 PM
So does this mean that we won't be able to get the super chimecho or luvdisc until after we get the national dex? I thought this game was supposed to only have the new ones, unless luvdisc and chimecho are originally from America.
Maybe it will be like in D/P. New pokemon in the new generation, that you still need the national dex to get. Even though the national dex usually means the dex from previous generations included, but whatever.

Luvdisc can swim. Chimecho can float. Maybe they migrated.
[move][/move]

bluaki

Quote from: Cornwad on August 06, 2010, 12:41:27 PM
Perhaps it could treat the pre-evolutions as a baby form; you can catch both evolutions within the region, but you need to breed to get the old Pokemon. And breeding... isn't available until after the National Dex or something? w/e

Cornwad

I think we can assume that when the immigrants from the Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh regions first landed in this new region, they brought with them pokemon as pets. Luvdisc were brought over for their prized scales, and the nobles brought their Chimechos, which are a symbol of nobility due to their rarity. The new world provided a thriving environment for these Pokemon where not many other foreign Pokemon could survive, and they quickly evolved into stronger versions of their Japanese counterparts. Having no natural enemies in the new world, these newer and stronger Chimechos and Luvdiscs rapidly multiplied to the point where it would be hard to imagine the new region without them.

Oh, and do we know if that picture is real or fake yet?

DededeCloneChris

Cornwad, you think too much. :P

They got their Pokemon through GTS or High-Link.

JrDude

It's "until later in the game" people, it doesn't mean National Dex later.
I assume it means the first ones we see while we travel will only be new, later when we're nearing the end of our journey (1 or 2 gyms left, going to the Pokémon League, etc.), we will see some familiar Pokémon. If I'm not mistaken, Luvdisk was only available near the end of your journey in R/S/E, maybe it's doing the same thing here?

Also, we often see some Pokémon in battles before we see them in the wild, so some of the new evos may appear in a battle before the ones we know of appear in the wild.

I guess it could also be Bluaki's idea, you know the breeding thing, except I think it would be more likely that instead of not being able to breed, you just don't have access to the item/incense needed to be held in order for it to have it's prevo breedable until the National Dex.
[move][/move]
Dude .