News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Macawmoses

Cornwad

Quote from: Mace on August 06, 2010, 07:18:00 PM
flying squirrel pokemon
If at first you don't succeed, make it fly. The monkey thing's prevo is confusing looking, what is that supposed to be?

I wouldn't have guessed that Bambi is grass type, but at least he has a fire weakness now, which makes sense.

Java

Quote from: Cornwad on August 06, 2010, 08:20:57 PM
If at first you don't succeed, make it fly. The monkey thing's prevo is confusing looking, what is that supposed to be?

I wouldn't have guessed that Bambi is grass type, but at least he has a fire weakness now, which makes sense.
They shouldn't even bother re-naming the deer.
It will always be Bambi to me. <3

JrDude

I'm gonna take a wild guess and guess that bambi evolves and the evo stays in the seasoned form it was in.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

The new fish is easily my favorite since Magikarp, and the monkey thing is ok but it's nice that we finally have a pokemon based on a vegetable. The mini fire ape and the plant owl are really confusing.

Oh wait, apparently the fish doesn't exist. Serebii lied to me.

Rayquarian

Quote from: JrDude φ on August 06, 2010, 11:06:43 PM
I'm gonna take a wild guess and guess that bambi evolves and the evo stays in the seasoned form it was in.
But it's type doesn't change with the season...

Kayo

Quote from: bluaki on August 06, 2010, 04:42:09 PM
Perhaps it could treat the pre-evolutions as a baby form; you can catch both evolutions within the region, but you need to breed to get the old Pokemon. And breeding... isn't available until after the National Dex or something? w/e
Chimecho can't be a baby. It has a baby - Chingling. Otherwise that would be weird.

Also, hey look flyin' squirrely. Cool? Electric-flying. So it's a weakened Zapdos? Probably. Can't think of anything that could do that Zapdos couldn't. It's cute though.

Bambi + in-game seasons? IN GAME SEASONS? Will this be based on the actual months? Or do the seasons change depending on the area you're in? (Hey look, LoZ.)
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Quote from: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA on August 07, 2010, 01:25:10 PM
But it's type doesn't change with the season...
Burmy's type never changed, just it's look, it's evo was a dual type though.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Surprised no one's mentioned it.

New flying squirrel Pokemon.
Electric Squirrel? HMMM.

->

Cornwad

A bunch have people already mentioned the new squirrel.

The real news is the new stuff. The blurry new fish looks pretty good, but it's blurry. The bug thing is the sewing pokemon, which screams silk worm to me, which means its going to turn into a moth. Yay. The new Luvdisc evo looks pretty awesome to me, I might need to get into double battles. Weather effects and team battling seem to have a much greater emphasis this time around. The swan still looks pretty lame, but it could make a nice HM slave.

The Riddler

Quote from: Cornwad on August 08, 2010, 06:26:08 PM
A bunch have people already mentioned the new squirrel.

The real news is the new stuff. The blurry new fish looks pretty good, but it's blurry. The bug thing is the sewing pokemon, which screams silk worm to me, which means its going to turn into a moth. Yay. The new Luvdisc evo looks pretty awesome to me, I might need to get into double battles. Weather effects and team battling seem to have a much greater emphasis this time around. The swan still looks pretty lame, but it could make a nice HM slave.
Nobody mentioned Pachirisu.

JrDude

Everyone noticed, just no one cared enough to post.
Or at least I hope everyone noticed, 'cause if you didn't you're a retard, I heard "flying squirrel pokemon" in here (before I saw it) and then immediately thought "Electric/Flying type" and then thought of Pachirisu without caring enough to comment on it.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Macawmoses

JrDude

The catch is probably: 90% of TMs are new moves (they're trying for brand new so this part wouldn't surprise me), no/barely any TMs are good moves that many would actually want to use.
[move][/move]
Dude .