News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

JrDude

To those who did read my post, he basically proved my point.
I wouldn't be surprised if he did read it though and doesn't wanna argue because he can't, but I guess we'll never actually know since denial won't prove or disprove.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Ok, what's this about the size difference. Or lack thereof. Some pokemon get SMALLER as they evolve. Proof? I got proof.

Gloom (2'07", 19 lbs) evolves into Bellossom (1'04", 12.8 lbs). It loses over a foot in height and 6.2 pounds.

You want a same-gen example? How about one by weight.

Kadabra (4'03", 124.6 lbs) evolves into Alakazam (4'11", 105.8 lbs). Only a small height change. Plus, it loses nearly 20 pounds when it evolves.

Do we even have a height/weight on the flying squirrel yet? Ok. 0.4m, 5kg. Pachirisu is the same height, but only around 4 kg. Other pokemon have changed size this little upon evolution.

I'm not saying Pachirisu evolves into Emonga (which is what i'm calling it. The japanese name). I'm saying they could be related. Jr, your points are stupid and invalid, because you can't jump to conclusions about a pokemon you don't know much about. It's a speculation. No one said it WILL be a Pachirisu evo. They said it was a POSSIBILITY. which it is.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

Yeah, it could possibly be a Pachirisu evo, but it isn't. Munna could still be possibly related to Drowzee and Super Luvdisc could possibly not be a Luvdisc evo, but that would be stupid.

The Alakazam example is terrible
Abra: 0 Spoons
Kadabra: 1 Spoon
Alakazam: 2 Spoons
There's an obvious advance from one to the next, and the names are all similar, plus they look all alike. Maybe if the squirrel had Pachirisu like spikes on its tail or at least a somewhat similar shaped tail it could be a possibility. Also, Plusle is also .4m and around 4 kg, and has similar eyes, nose, and mouth, plus round cheeks, and both are electric rodents. Coincidence? I think not. Maybe Gamefreak has switched from an electric mouse obsession to an electric rodent obsession.

bluaki

Quote from: Kianglo on August 11, 2010, 10:52:02 AM
Emonga (which is what i'm calling it. The japanese name)
Speaking of which, notice all the other cute electric rodents have a mostly-international name:
[spoiler=using .poketrans with cookies]<cookies> 025 Pikachu; Japanese: Pikachu (ピカチュウ); French: Pikachu; German: Pikachu
<cookies> 026 Raichu; Japanese: Raichu (ライチュウ); French: Raichu; German: Raichu
<cookies> 172 Pichu; Japanese: Pichu (ピチュー); French: Pichu; German: Pichu
<cookies> 311 Plusle; Japanese: Prasle (プラスル); French: Posipi; German: Plusle
<cookies> 312 Minun; Japanese: Minun (マイナン); French: Negapi; German: Minun
<cookies> 417 Pachirisu; Japanese: Pachirisu (パチリス); French: Pachirisu; German: Pachirisu[/spoiler]
(Only German has a couple exceptions in Plusle/Minun. The Japanese "Prasle" is merely the closest possible Japanese pronunciation to the English name)
But, Emonga would be a terrible international name. With its romanized spelling, the vowel pronunciation of both the "e" and "o" would seem vague to English speakers unfamiliar with the Japanese pronunciation. I'd actually be surprised in this case if they kept that name in translation.

Zero

Quote from: It's ROBBIE! on August 10, 2010, 01:08:32 PM
You're trolling, right?

An electric squirrel.
An electric flying squirrel.

...you HAVE to be trolling.
No one could possibly be that stupid.

And what the intercourse  are you talking about "All electric rodents." There are four. Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu, and Pachirisu. The little Chu's have red/orange cheeks. Raichu has yellow cheeks because his colors are flipped from Pikachu.

lol I'm the one who is stupid when you actually believe that Pachirisu evolves into the flying squirrel? Oh god this is rich.

Saying that the yellow cheeks on the flying squirrel correlate to Pachirisu is retarded considering every electric rodent has these circles, and if you REALLY want to go by your own poopty logic then you'd probably believe that the circles should be a swap like Rai's and Pikachu's. So either way, your logic regarding the cheeks is absolute poop.

About the only thing you've said to me anyway, that holds any merit at all, and this is a major stretch, is the squirrel-flying squirrel correlation but even then, we have similar species of pokemon. Again, this isn't anything new. You have no evidence that they're related, all you have is pure conjecture.

We'll know come September, but really, I have my doubts that this pokemon is an evolved form of Pachirisu.

JrDude

I wasn't trying to prove he doesn't evolve when I was debating with Rob, I was saying how none of that is evidence on how it could be an evo. It is possible, but it isn't so. My first maybe second post was me saying why it probably wasn't, my longer posts were me saying how wrong Riddler is with his "evidence" on why he most likely is the evo of Pachirisu.
It is stupid to basically compare squirrels with plants, or squirrels with rocks/rocks w/steel. He's trying to look smart with many bad examples and some, if any, good examples.
He also argues without reading my posts, which is also pretty stupid (and I'm not just talking about the one he announced he didn't read).
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

I highly doubt Pachirisu WILL evolve into Emonga. All I'm saying is, I wouldn't be surprised if the two became related in whatever way, shape, or form.

If not, this just proves how little ideas GameFreak has left.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

Quote from: Kianglo on August 12, 2010, 08:44:36 AM
I highly doubt Pachirisu WILL evolve into Emonga. All I'm saying is, I wouldn't be surprised if the two became related in whatever way, shape, or form.

If not, this just proves how little ideas GameFreak has left.
Not really, a flying squirrel is pretty different from a squirrel. That's like saying they were running out of ideas when they made a magikarp and a goldeen because they're both forms of carp. They're hardly running out of ideas when you look at things like the non legendary version exclusives.

ThePowerOfOne

Hey, who the intercourse  cares about the stupid gosh darn squirrels, how about we talk about the actual games now?

Serebii just updated with some more aspects about the Dream World (Which is good since he kept talking about it and I had no idea what the intercourse  it was). It actually looks pretty cool, I wonder how many berries you will be able to plant at a time?

bluaki

Quote from: Phaze on August 12, 2010, 02:28:06 PM
Serebii just updated with some more aspects about the Dream World (Which is good since he kept talking about it and I had no idea what the intercourse  it was). It actually looks pretty cool, I wonder how many berries you will be able to plant at a time?
The plot shown in the screenshot shows a 3x5 rectangle of spaces for planting 15 trees. That might not show it all or it might expand upon unlocking things, too.

A whole lot better than HG/SS's 4 tiny pots.

Rayquarian

The dream world apparently lets you catch starters whose special abilities aren't Overgrow, Blaze, or Torrent.

Maybe in the future, there'll be a sturdy Chimchar?

Kayo

Quote from: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA on August 13, 2010, 04:04:12 PM
The dream world apparently lets you catch starters whose special abilities aren't Overgrow, Blaze, or Torrent.

Maybe in the future, there'll be a sturdy Chimchar?
I can think of other abilities the starters could have. Now, let me let my imagination run wild. Also these are reasonable abilities, nothing like a Water Absorb Charizard.

Venusaur - Chlorophyll or Solar Power
Charizard - Intimidate
Blastoise - Shell Armor
Meganium - Leaf Guard
Typhlosion - Flash Fire
Feraligatr - Intimidate
Sceptile - Limber or Solar Power
Blaziken - Guts or No Guard
Swampert - Water Absorb
Torterra - Sturdy
Infernape - Guts or No Guard
Empoleon - Sturdy or Battle Armor

These all seem possible. Of course I didn't count any of the new abilities, but these are some possible abilities the starters could have if they didn't have Overgrow, Blaze, or Torrent.
[move][/move]

jnfs2014

I can see it now...

Sturdy+Reversal=Instant KO to any non-ghost.

Also Game Freak IS running out of ideas. I'm....just not into this version's pokémon.

Kayo

To get things going I will revive an old pic.

Who else thinks that this cave will allow you to evolve Magneton and Nosepass? It just looks like it has a high enough amount of magnetism to me, and this might be how to evolve those pokemon in this generation.
[move][/move]

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .