News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

The Riddler

Quote from: It's ROBBIE! on September 01, 2010, 04:57:53 PM
(If they are real: )
HURR DURR WOTTER'S LAST FORM LOOKS NOTHING LIKE ANY OF THE OTHER FORMS HE CAN'T BE RELATED HURR DURR. I MEAN SERIOUSLY WHERE DID HIS FEET GO HE SUDDENLY HAS FOUR FLIPPERS AND A GIANT MUSTACHE HURR HE CAN'T BE RELATED TO WOTTER I MEAN HE MIGHT BE A WATER TYPE AND RELATED TO OTTERS BUT HE'S TOTALLY NOT RELATED HE'S NOT EVEN THE RIGHT COLOR AND HIS TAIL IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT HURR DURR.

Cornwad

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, it's my favorite, but it doesn't make any sense.

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

ThePowerOfOne

From Serebii:

On Wednesday, these images leaked onto 2ch for the evolutions of Tsutaja, Pokabu & Mijumaru. Everyone was unsure about them until some user claimed he created them. However, with no evidence, we were all unsure as to whether they were real or fake. However, I have received confirmation that these Pokémon are in fact the evolutions of the starter Pokémon. While there's a slim chance that this is wrong, everything I have been told has turned out accurate thus far. We'll bring more as it comes.

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

I hope they're fake. If not, my criticism.

Tsutaja's first evolution looks like.... Tsutaja. Seriously. I am disappointed about the resemblance. Final form? MUCH less awesome than I expected. Actually, it looks terrible. No arms, no legs... meh. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I don't think I will be choosing the grass starter like I thought. EDIT: At a second glance at this, it's not entirely awful. I mean, the lack of arms and legs means that it clearly won't be using too many useful moves in battles. Hopefully it will get a bunch of special attacks. I'm torn between this and water for my B/W starter. (or maybe both, as I might get both Black and White.)

Pokabu. First evolution is.... okay, compared to other middle-stage starters. Final form? It looks like RHYPERIOR. I'm serious. Look at the resemblance there. It better not be part fighting. Or Fire/rock. It looks like they combined Rhyperior with Abomasnow and made it a fire type. I'm disappointed here too.

Mijumaru's first starter... I could have sworn I've seen its face before. No idea where. Final form? I like this. I really do, more than Tsutaja's final form. It looks nothing like Mijumaru. But it's pretty cool. I'm considering picking this as my starter.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

Yeah they're more or less confirmed at this point. I wonder if the super wotter will be just Water type, or Water/Ice.

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Kianglo on September 05, 2010, 12:05:26 PM
Mijumaru's first starter... I could have sworn I've seen its face before. No idea where.
Reminds me of Marshtomp.

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Weird Grass starts on 2 feet, ends on none. Fire starts on 4 feet, ends on 2. Water starts on 2 feet, ends on 4.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

I heard someone say that the grass might be based on the snake from the garden of eden stories. It used to have legs but after the apple incident it lost its legs. Apples are kind of grass related and the snake evos look pretty satanic so it's definitely a possibility, if a bit of a stretch. I guess we'll know more about it when type/pokedex data is revealed.

Neerb

Quote from: Cornwad on September 06, 2010, 12:38:01 AM
I heard someone say that the grass might be based on the snake from the garden of eden stories. It used to have legs but after the apple incident it lost its legs. Apples are kind of grass related and the snake evos look pretty satanic so it's definitely a possibility, if a bit of a stretch. I guess we'll know more about it when type/pokedex data is revealed.

That's what my friends and I noticed, too; we're now calling it the "Satan Banana Snake," the banana part coming from the fact that it seems to have had it's skin peeled out on top, making it's head look like a banana in a peel.

Also, remember when everyone said "Reshiram's pose is stupid so I'm getting White?" Well, in this ad for an upcoming tv special that will detail info on Black & White, Reshiram can be seen in the top in a pose which basically makes him looks like Wolf-Lugia (although that one tuft of fur is still awkward looking). So yeah, I feel even better about getting Black now; just saying...

Zero

lol that snake does not look satanic. It looks more angelic than satanic.

ThePowerOfOne

Guess i'm the only one who likes them (minus the pig), my only complaint is the second evolution of the grass isn't very imaginative, but that's not a big deal.

Neerb

Quote from: Zero on September 06, 2010, 04:56:09 PM
lol that snake does not look satanic. It looks more angelic than satanic.

Well duh, he's not gonna make himself look evil on purpose; he's a clever trickster who tempts people into disobeying the laws of Arceus by making it sound like a good idea at the time.