News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

Satan being a fallen angel does not have anything to do with the fact that the snake doesn't look satanic/evil, dumbass.

JrDude

Wow, you people like, try to make me look dumb now, like I don't do that well enough myself.
Since you're obviously too lazy to look back and just want to make me look stupid, I will give a quote.
Quote from: Zero on September 06, 2010, 04:56:09 PM
lol that snake does not look satanic. It looks more angelic than satanic.
And I'll explain. Looking angelic can be satanic in itself since Satan was known to be beautiful and was once an angel himself, he will also try to do what people often do, use their looks to gain people's trust. If he looked satanic and evil, he wouldn't be able to fool many people.
[move][/move]
Dude .

ThePowerOfOne

Huh. I just realised why Smugleaf's final evolution looks so familiar. He looks just like Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty, amirite?

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

Neerb

JrDude

I still can't see it. The only notable similarity I see is the similar face coloring.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

Super Smugleaf doesn't look very angelic to me. Look at those eyes man.

Zero

Quote from: JrDude φ on September 06, 2010, 10:56:10 PM
Wow, you people like, try to make me look dumb now, like I don't do that well enough myself.
Since you're obviously too lazy to look back and just want to make me look stupid, I will give a quote.And I'll explain. Looking angelic can be satanic in itself since Satan was known to be beautiful and was once an angel himself, he will also try to do what people often do, use their looks to gain people's trust. If he looked satanic and evil, he wouldn't be able to fool many people.

Way to go Mr. Pseudo-intellectual, and its not as though I'm attempting to make you look like an idiot, it's just every time you post you dig your rut further. How am I "obviously too lazy to look back" when I don't need to look back in the first place?

Looking angelic is not the same intercourse ing thing as looking satanic.

Angelic can be defined as characteristics of benevolence using colors like white, gold/yellow, blue, and green. Satanic characteristics I shouldn't even have to explain but I'll go ahead and do so considering the people I'm dealing with right now: browns, blacks, reds, etc. AKA the exact opposite of benevolence, using harsh colors to convey a sense of demonic and evil feeling. Not sure if you've paid attention to the christian bible, but Satan undergoes a hideous transformation after he becomes a fallen angel. In renaissance and even non-renaissance paintings/sketches, he's depicted in a few forms, a few that I know of are: a human-like form with bat wings(this sketch is from or used with the Divine Comedy iirc), a snake with/without legs, a grotesque abomination that is clearly demon-like, and a demonic silhouette. He does not use a "pure" angel like form to lure people into Hell. He loses everything but his immortality after falling from grace. Read your own intercourse ing holy book.

About the only thing I can agree with as far as the satanic bullpoop goes is that the Snake pokemon could very well be based off of the form Satan took when he fooled Eve. Satan allegedly had legs in his serpent form, but lost them. Then again, it could be coincidence. Who knows.

Maleficent looks nothing like that pokemon.

Are you guys 12 or something?

Neerb

On the subject of Maleficent:
The eyes and pale face are also a tad similar.

On the Satan subject: Satan took the form of a legged snake who cleverly deceived Eve and was then cursed with the loss of his legs, and while his true form is a hideous dragon, he is entirely capable of taking on other forms and often appears as an angel of light to deceive others (2 Corinthians 11:14 "And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light."). The pokemon in question is likewise a crafty-looking snake who loses his legs and who appears to look somewhat angelic. It's entirely possible that someone could see the resemblance between the two, regardless of whether or not that was GameFreak's intention.

Stop freaking out just because you personally don't see the connections, Zero. If we're some how offending you, please explain so that we may be a bit more sensitive, but there's no reason for insults.

Zero

lol @ thinking I was offended

lol @ thinking I was "freaking out"

lol @ actually taking the time to go into paint to try and point out similarities when any character with two point structures near their heads and a cloak would have the same similarities.

Quote from: Batchu on September 07, 2010, 09:10:21 PM
It's entirely possible that someone could see the resemblance between the two, regardless of whether or not that was GameFreak's intention.

Did I not just admit this? Oh yeah, I did.

Quote from: Zero on September 07, 2010, 08:01:43 PM
About the only thing I can agree with as far as the satanic bullpoop goes is that the Snake pokemon could very well be based off of the form Satan took when he fooled Eve. Satan allegedly had legs in his serpent form, but lost them. Then again, it could be coincidence. Who knows.

My entire point is that you guys think he looks Satanic when he has virtually no Satanic traits at all. Cornwad cites the eyes and Jrdude and yourself cite the fact that Satan masqueraded as an angelic form which proves my point. He doesn't look satanic.

In short: lol

JrDude

I can argue again, but I'm sure it would translate in your mind as "hurp durp," then you'd whine and say how you're right, because we all know, in Zero's case, there is 0% chance in Zero being wrong.
It's also funny how you hide your whinyness behind "lol," it's like "Maybe if I laugh they won't know I'm crying on the inside, yeah that'll work, let me just put 'lol' thirty times then whine all I want, all they will see is 'lol' and they won't see my whinyness."
Quote from: Batchu on September 07, 2010, 09:10:21 PM

Yeah, those red markings kinda make it more obvious on how similar they don't look.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

Oh god you're a bigger dumbass than I thought. You're actually acting as though you know me well enough to think I'm ego-centric.

I'm not being ego-centric. I'm just telling it like it intercourse ing is. I even agreed with you in one aspect.

Hey wanna know what's really funny? You still haven't disproved a thing I've said. Batchu cited a quote and effectively disproved one aspect of my post that coincidentally was a tangent from my MAIN POINT, but that's about it.

I'll ask again, are you like 12 or something? Whinyness is not a word and its incredibly childish to seriously bail out of an argument like you just did. My arguments are completely legitimate and your defense for not being able to counter them is that I have an inferiority complex and cry on the inside, yet hide my strife by laughing at all of the retardation you all create. Yeah, brilliant. You're a real genius bro. A real pro Psychologist. I can see it now, JRDUDE M.D.

JrDude

Hah, I'm seeing more whinyness in every post you make. Oh, and who the hell cares if it's not a word?
And when is it childish to back out of an argument? It's more childish to whine like you do, and calling people 12 is real mature of you.
Quote from: Zero on September 07, 2010, 10:32:59 PM
I'm not being ego-centric. I'm just telling it like it intercourse ing is. I even agreed with you in one aspect.
And with my out of orderness (oh no, it's another word that ISN'T A WORD! Call the grammar police!), I guess you're right again, which means the 0% chance of Zero being wrong is still accurate!
Quote from: Zero on September 07, 2010, 10:32:59 PM
Hey wanna know what's really funny? You still haven't disproved a thing I've said. Batchu cited a quote and effectively disproved one aspect of my post that coincidentally was a tangent from my MAIN POINT, but that's about it.
Hey bro. When was I trying to prove you wrong? All you did was try to prove me wrong, when all I was saying was "Satan is also a fallen angel," then you decided to insult me for some stupid reason, and I explained how much of a "dumbass" I wasn't being, then you started an argument because you didn't want to be wrong.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

lol you still insist that I'm whining? Bahahahahahahaha this is fantastic.

I didn't say it was childish to back out of an argument, I said it was childish to do it the way you did. "I COULD ARGUE FURTHER BUT YOU'RE JUST WHINING" is probably the lamest excuse I've ever seen.

I never said you attempted to prove me otherwise. You did however keep bringing up facts that really had nothing to do with what I said from the intercourse ing start. That's why I called you a dumbass. You saying Satan could take the form of an angel and have ANGELIC CHARACTERISTICS proved my point that the snake was not satanic looking. You're the sole reason I went off on my tangent from my main point, and just because I like rubbing this in: You helped me prove my point.

Okay let's hear it. You keep blabbering about how I don't want to be wrong and how I think I'm right when no poop, of course I think I'm right, why would I think I'm wrong? This does not imply that I think I'm right about everything, dumbass. I'm not afraid of being proven wrong, Batchu already proved something I said to be incorrect. So do me a favor: Explain how I'm wrong, because none of you have intercourse ing done it. Your accusation of me being ego-centric is not a clever ruse like you think it is.

JrDude

More hiding behind the lol trick, except this time behind a "Bahaha" AND an "lol," then finally the final part of the hiding place, "fantastic."

And why would I need to prove you wrong? People understand what I meant, you over analyze it and call me a dumbass, then bring up a poop load of things to try to make my statement look dumb.

Also, what would be a good excuse to end an argument in your case? Besides the obvious (which never happens on NSFCD), someone admitting they're wrong and the other is right.
[move][/move]
Dude .