News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Macawmoses

Yeah. The fact they see it as an improvement over HG/SS says something. Those were awesome games.

Neerb

SEREBII SAYS:

There are 156 new pokemon this gen; 153 are in-game and the last three are event-only.
#633 through 635 are a Dark/Dragon evolution chain
#638 through 649 are legendary
638 is steel/fighting
639 is rock/fighting
640 is grass/fighting
641 is PURE FLYING!!!!!
642 is electric/flying
643 is reshiram
644 is zekrom
645 is ground/flying
646 is dragon/ice (I assume this is the third of reshiram and zekrom's trio)
647 is water/fighting
648 is normal/psychic
649 is bug/steel
647-649 are the event-only ones

Gwen Khan

serebii also says Zorua, Zoroark, and Victini are event only too, I'm hoping for a good Ghost/Fire

Neerb

Quote from: Gwen Khan on September 10, 2010, 07:44:17 AM
serebii also says Zorua, Zoroark, and Victini are event only too, I'm hoping for a good Ghost/Fire

:O Hey, wait a minute... VICTINI! There wasn't a single fire type on that list I just posted outside of Reshiram... so where the heck does Victini go on the National Dex?! Is he seriously going to remain #000?! What's so important about him?

bluaki

Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on September 10, 2010, 09:35:39 AM
Is he seriously going to remain #000?! What's so important about him?
He fell in love with Bulbasaur. The love is so strong that he snuck into the unused Pokedex index 0, into the territory of Gen 1 (leaving his own kind), just so he could be by Bulba's side all the time.

But in all seriousness, I hope that for National Dex he's bumped down to the even 650. It would fit the pattern from Gens 1 and 2 of having the cute little legendary at the end.

I'm a little disappointed that there's yet again a ton of legendaries. But, at least it's fewer than Gen 4. By just a couple.

Macawmoses

All of these legendaries are extreme. The nice thing is that there are more newer pokemon as a whole, and less Legendaries.

Also, Ice and Dragon? Badass.

JrDude

I like the sound of these type combos, but the fact that most are legendary disappoints me.
[move][/move]
Dude .

DededeCloneChris

So we finally get Fighting type Pokemon to be the new Trio of "Legendary" Pokemon Trio? Ooh, nice.

Cornwad

That's a lot of fighting, but fighting is a cool type so I have no problem with that. Dragon/Ice sounds cool, and I'd like to imagine that the ultimate god pokemon is a bug type.

JrDude

Shit load of Pokémon revealed.

DAMMIT! I wanted Wotter to be part Snowman, seriously, Wotter SCREAMS Snowman! T_T

Also... 3rd game in a row, Fire Starter's second type is... Fighting... A FIGHTING PIG WHAT THE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFudge

We also got our "Plusle & Minun" Pokémon for the triple battles. They're monkeys.
[move][/move]
Dude .

bluaki

Just one more week until Japanese launch. The surge of information, slightly reduced by us getting this corocoro now.
Quote from: JRDUDE on September 11, 2010, 03:22:30 AM
We also got our "Plusle & Minun" Pokémon for the triple battles. They're monkeys.
At least they're different types this time. Hopefully they have a decent power level, or maybe even have evolutions.

My notes on these Pokemon:

• One of the new grass Pokemon, seemingly evolving from another we got today, reminds me of Castform in shape [spoiler][/spoiler]
  • It seems silly that the mushroom's head is a Pokeball. Even with the circle in the middle. [spoiler][/spoiler]
  • I think this cat looks like a prevo of Glameow. [spoiler][/spoiler]
  • This puppy thing reminds me of Growlithe. [spoiler][/spoiler]
  • Though I have doubts, there's possibility this bull has relation to Tauros. [spoiler][/spoiler]
  • I'm guessing the new Rock pokemon could be a prevo of what we saw earlier. [spoiler][/spoiler]

Neerb

I am going to slaughter the entire Gamefreak staff for giving us ANOTHER fire/fighting starter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the upside, that sweet red-fanged gold-scaled lizard thing we previously saw is a Dragon, which makes me want it even more. And I think it's sweet how the normal/grass deer evo has trees for antlers, which ACTUALLY change with the season (flowers blossom in spring, green leaves in summer, brown/orange leaves in autumn, and simple branch/antlers in winter).

Also, the elemental monkey trio belongs to a trio of gym leaders, with you only facing a certain one depending on which starter you chose, so that seems awesome. For those of you who don't check the anime updates, the leader that owns the grass monkey will be replacing Brock as Ash's male sidekick in Isshu.

I think I'm starting to see a non-legendary, one-starter team being formed now: I'd have Wotter's final evo, the gold-scaled red-fanged dragon, the normal/grass deer, the electric/bug spider, Zoroark, and the AMERICAN EAGLE. I hope we get more non-legendary fire types this time around, although I'm totally going for Victini if he isn't uber.

Cornwad

The grass pokemon don't evolve from each other bluaki, they're game exclusives. I think the castform is white only and the puff ball is black only. The one that looks like a Growlithe is normal type so it probably isn't related, but they may be pulling another Azuril. The one that looks like Glameow is dark, so I'm pretty sure it's a new pokemon.

That being said, these new Pokemon are awesome. I don't think that there's one that I genuinely do not like, though Tabunne (Gen 5's Chansey?) and the big mantis dragon thing aren't my favorites.
The monkeys would be lame, but there are three which makes them kind of cool as a set to collect.
I like the fish, but I hope White version gets the blue one because the blue one is cooler.
Evil Sarcophagus ghost looks awesome, the Mummy ability sounds great.
Electric Tarantula is the best idea they've had for a bug type in a while, I can't believe it took them this long.
Blinging bison with an afro is also a great idea, I don't know if it's tauros related though. We are still getting Minotauros, so a prevo would match up with the evo.
The rock thing is lame but it evolves into the crazy ass golem thing so I'm fine with it.
Grass Bambi's evo looks like Grass Bambi's dad, so no problems here.
The flying cotten ball is a lot cooler than the root, so I guess I'll have to trade to get it.
I like Mushroom pokemon, and I like this new one.
Oh, pig evos are fighting which sucks, but the water secondary is the meditation Pokemon? Maybe we'll get Grass/Dark, Fire/Fighting, and Water/Psychic?

I recommend you guys use this instead of serebii, it's a lot nicer to look at
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/October_CoroCoro_begins_to_leak

Also, there's a gym leader named Corn. Best pokemon game ever, amirite?

Neerb

I think the version exclusive cotton ball and root are supposed to be veggie pokemon: cauliflower and onion, probably. Hehe, perhaps this Corn guy has them. Now that would be an awesome gym.

But yeah, so far, this is easily the coolest looking gen since Kanto, and I'm just talking about the pokemon themselves. With all the other stuff we're getting, plus AMERICA, this is going to be the best gen evaarrrr.

Cornwad

It looks like the scan with the starters on it is fake, so the fire one still might not be fire/fighting. Only the scan is fake though, the starter evos are still most likely legit.