News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Macawmoses

I just want to say one thing.

NO.

Bulls  do not get afros. That is all.

Cornwad

Quote from: Mace on September 11, 2010, 12:28:52 PM
I just want to say one thing.

NO.

Bulls  do not get afros. That is all.
But bison do, which is what I think it's supposed to be, even though its name deals with buffalo and it's the bull pokemon. I'm pretty sure it isn't related to Tauros.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Or maybe it's a mix of bison and buffalo. The horns look like a buffalo's but the afro comes from the bison.

JrDude

I think this is unofficially confirming things. So far, I think only the Luvdisk evo (and a few others which I don't remember right now maybe) is currently related to other gens, while all the rest are not related to any previous gens at all, and by that I mean evolutionwise. I don't think that pink thing is gonna have any real relation to Drowzee, the squirrel won't become flying squirrel, and a bunch of other stuff that comes to mind.
Why do I think this? Well, we got Deer replacements, most likely dream eating Tapir replacements, caterpillar thingy replacement, and a bunch of other stuff that are probably replacements. Though some of these look related to other Pokémon, I have a big feeling they aren't evolution-wise related.
I HAVE SPOKEN.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

We still haven't gotten official confirmation that the super Luvdisc is related to Luvdisc either. I agree with you on everything else, it doesn't look like we have any prevos or evos.

Macawmoses

Quote from: JRDUDE on September 11, 2010, 12:52:06 PM
I think this is unofficially confirming things. So far, I think only the Luvdisk evo (and a few others which I don't remember right now maybe) is currently related to other gens, while all the rest are not related to any previous gens at all, and by that I mean evolutionwise. I don't think that pink thing is gonna have any real relation to Drowzee, the squirrel won't become flying squirrel, and a bunch of other stuff that comes to mind.
Why do I think this? Well, we got Deer replacements, most likely dream eating Tapir replacements, caterpillar thingy replacement, and a bunch of other stuff that are probably replacements. Though some of these look related to other Pokémon, I have a big feeling they aren't evolution-wise related.
I HAVE SPOKEN.
I think we're definitely going to see the Americanized counterparts for sure. What we think of as a bear isn't the same everywhere in the world. In fact, different parts of Canada have different thoughts on bear (and by that, I mean initial thoughts). I think this will be a common theme in B/W.

Sadly, I think this means we are going to see a ton of Geodude and Zubat. Will they be exactly the same Pokemon? No, their sprite, and maybe even a few moves will be different. But they'll serve the exact same capacity. I'm not so sure B/W is as revolutionary as it is claiming to be...but, I'll take what I can get.

JrDude

I actually think we've already seen our Geodude and Zubat for this game, that rock thing with no face and that fuzzy bat thing. With new moves and whatnot, they will be plenty different than what we are used to.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

For those interested in that kind of thing, PokeBeach has Serebii's legendary list on steroids, including descriptions for most of the pokemon in the game. For example, apparently the Bug/Steel legendary is a space robot bug that fires lasers, and the fossil pokemon are a turtle and a bird. It mentions all of todays reveals with accurate descriptions, so I'm pretty sure it's the real deal considering it was posted earlier. Apparently the new bug evolves into a leaf bug like I wanted, which rocks. Apparently Luvdisc isn't related to Super Luvdisc. Sucks. Garbage bag pokemon sounds awesome though.

http://pokebeach.com/2010/09/leaked-black-and-white-pokemon-information
The leaker guy is tweeting the pokemon in order one at a time, you can follow him at http://twitter.com/pokexperto

I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait for next week. Black/White info from the Japanese release, TGS, and new Street Fighter characters? Count me in. Oh, and Isshu is officially America now.

Neerb

Quote from: Cornwad on September 11, 2010, 03:06:55 PM
For those interested in that kind of thing, PokeBeach has Serebii's legendary list on steroids, including descriptions for most of the pokemon in the game. For example, apparently the Bug/Steel legendary is a space robot bug that fires lasers, and the fossil pokemon are a turtle and a bird. It mentions all of todays reveals with accurate descriptions, so I'm pretty sure it's the real deal considering it was posted earlier. Apparently the new bug evolves into a leaf bug like I wanted, which rocks. Apparently Luvdisc isn't related to Super Luvdisc. Sucks. Garbage bag pokemon sounds awesome though.

http://pokebeach.com/2010/09/leaked-black-and-white-pokemon-information
The leaker guy is tweeting the pokemon in order one at a time, you can follow him at http://twitter.com/pokexperto

I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait for next week. Black/White info from the Japanese release, TGS, and new Street Fighter characters? Count me in. Oh, and Isshu is officially America now.

I just had a seizure. I MUST buy this game.

Oh, and nice link; I'm totally bookmarking this. Apparently, we will be getting a polar bear pokemon (two including evo), a centipede pokemon (3 including evo), and this gen's pseudo legendary (like dragonite/tyrannitar/salamence/metagross/garchomp) is a DARK/DRAGON THREE-HEADED HYDRA!!

Cornwad

There are also two legendary trios, one being a trio of flying old men. I'm still siked for the garbage bag pokemon, I hope it isn't really bad.

Neerb

Quote from: Cornwad on September 11, 2010, 05:38:56 PM
There are also two legendary trios, one being a trio of flying old men.

They're said to look like genies and are based on Japanese gods, including the god of thunder (Electric/Flying) and the god of wind (pure Flying). I'm not sure which if any god the Ground/Flying is based on...

Gwen Khan

"New types (of Pokemon that have not been revealed yet above) include Water/Ghost, Fire/Ghost, and Fighting/Dark."

yes! just hope it has good stats

JrDude

Quote from: Gwen Khan on September 11, 2010, 06:25:45 PM
yes! just hope it has good stats
If it doesn't, just wait 'till gen 6 and it will evolve into a good stat poké
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

Quote from: JRDUDE on September 11, 2010, 10:32:34 PM
If it doesn't, just wait 'till gen 6 and it will evolve into a good stat poké
Not necessarily, considering there are no evos/prevos of previous gen pokes in this one.

JrDude

I doubt they'll do this again THAT soon. I think next gen will be this gen's Gold/Silver.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

In a recent developer interview it was revealed why each of the starters is the way it is.

Smugleaf is based on France which is why he's so smug and his evos look so extravagant.
The pig is based on Chinese which is why its evos are pretty ugly to look at and it's a fighting type.
Wotter is based on Japan which is why the first two evos look like samurai... but then they ran out of ideas and turned it into a sea lion.

Oh, and an icecream pokemon? What the intercourse ?!