News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

bluaki

Checking some Japanese websites, the suggested retail price of the games is indicated at ¥4800 (~$55) just like all previous Pokemon games were at launch. Though the exchange rate is quite a bit higher now than it was not too long ago ($7 higher than a year ago), the import sites are still charging like $10 more than that.

Even worse, Amazon Japan's listed prices are about ¥6400 ($77)

Cornwad

Yeah, that's them all right. I guess the blue one is the steel? Or the rock?

Neerb

I'd think blue is steel, and the gray is rock. The look... okay... I need to see good pictures, not blurry sprites, to tell for sure.

Cornwad

This is weird. There are barely any Grass/Water/Psychic/Normal types, but a ton of weird stuff  like Ice/Electric/Fighting/Bug/Steel. They have a lamprey and a stingray, but neither are water for crying out loud.

Neerb

Electric ftw. They need more good type combos so i can have a good electric team.

*EDIT*

Serebii just revealed some gym leaders... and I just discovered what could potentially be the biggest plot twist in the anime's history.

[spoiler]

THE LAST GYM LEADER, WHOSE COLOR IMPLIES THAT THEY ARE DRAGON TYPE, LOOKS JUST LIKE ASH'S NEW PARTNER, WHO ALSO HAS A DRAGON. It's low quality pic of said gym leader, of course, but it looks pretty similar. While everyone who plays the games would know it before even seeing the anime, I think it would be an epic plot twist if, near the end of the season, Ash finds out his final gym leader opponent has been traveling with him the entire time. What do you think?[/spoiler]

Cornwad

What a twist!

Amazon shipped the games yesterday, they should be arriving in a little more than an hour, so prepare yourself.
Also, Power Ranger Pokemon and Ghost/Ground (Based on Jewish Golem?) sound pretty cool. I like all of these news ghosts, which is one of my favorite types.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Macawmoses

Rayquarian

Quote from: Cornwad on September 15, 2010, 01:48:14 PM
What a twist!

Amazon shipped the games yesterday, they should be arriving in a little more than an hour, so prepare yourself.
Also, Power Ranger Pokemon and Ghost/Ground (Based on Jewish Golem?) sound pretty cool. I like all of these news ghosts, which is one of my favorite types.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Have you played it?

...I bet you're playing right now.

Cornwad

I wish, that isn't my picture. I'm not gonna spend that kind of money on something I can't even read. People are playing it though, so all the stuff should be leaked by the end of tomorrow.

Neerb

Why does the box come in a box? Does the game come with something else?

Cornwad

There are only eight storage boxes in the game. You better be able to unlock more, because that's pretty annoying.

Neerb

Serebii's got lotsa new info and pics, including pics confirming the fan drawings that pokexperto guy did as well as the zebra evo.

Also, Serebii has the names and dex entries for the three final starter evos. Apparently part of Wotter3's front leg armor is a sword... don't really see it (unless they mean the little spikes), but that makes the previously stated samurai comparison to his evo line make more sense.

Gwen Khan

Macawmoses