News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Neerb

By combining Serebii and Psypokes, I am now able to find out exactly what moves each pokemon have: Serebii has English name and effect movelist, while Psypokes has typing, power, accuracy, and pp movelist, as well as sprites (until Nintendo finds out, anyway).

For example, the final grass starter evo has a poison move called Coil which does no damage but raises Attack, Defense, and Accuracy... cheap French snake...

*edit

Psypokes now has their cries, too! The anteater sounds epic.

bluaki

Quote from: Neerb on September 20, 2010, 01:08:33 PM
By combining Serebii and Psypokes, I am now able to find out exactly what moves each pokemon have: Serebii has English name and effect movelist, while Psypokes has typing, power, accuracy, and pp movelist, as well as sprites (until Nintendo finds out, anyway).

For example, the final grass starter evo has a poison move called Coil which does no damage but raises Attack, Defense, and Accuracy... cheap French snake...
Do any of the old Pokemon have a change in level-up moveset from HG/SS?

Regardless, I guess I'll update cookies for all moveset data. Relevant to anybody who uses IRC, the command is ".pokemove [species or number]" or, for a TM list, ".pokemove [species/number] TM". Edit: Done. Try it already, and realize that Genosect can learn Fly.

Current cookies feature checklist for Gen 5:

[X]Basic data in "pokeinfo": Japanese name, color, type, evolution method, number
[X]Fan-translated Pokedex entries for new Pokemon
[ ]New pokedex entries for old Pokemon (waiting until English release)
[X]New movesets (both level-up and TM/HM, for both old and new Pokemon)
[ ]Basic move information
[ ]Wild locations (.pokelocation)

It doesn't look like any sources are providing those last two yet.

Neerb

Quote from: bluaki on September 20, 2010, 05:42:02 PM
Do any of the old Pokemon have a change in level-up moveset from HG/SS?

Yes, quite a few actually. For example, Charizard get's Purgatory, a 100 power 100 accuracy Fire special attack that hits every other pokemon on the field with a 30% chance of burn.

Mystic

I'm so ready for B/W to get released here. It's rather painful to play and not be able to read what people say.

The Riddler

http://pokebeach.com/#nintendo-follow-up
So turns out the Nintendo poop is real.

As an interesting note...
QuoteFor convenience, and because our physical copies had not yet arrived, we played the rom for a while to report on the game's storyline. However, the developers made it so that Pokemon would not level-up if the game was played as a rom, so we didn't even get 15 minutes into the story.

Spud

Quote from: It's ROBBIE! on September 22, 2010, 05:06:43 AM
http://pokebeach.com/#nintendo-follow-up
So turns out the Nintendo poop is real.

As an interesting note...
Patched roms have been out for almost a week so it's not really much of a big deal.

Zero

Speaking of roms...

Pokebeach mentioned someone that could translate the game in a few days. While I think it was a rather...boastful remark, this implies that there is an English patch to the rom somewhere.

Anyone have the source to this patch?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Zero on September 22, 2010, 01:59:52 PM
Speaking of roms...

Pokebeach mentioned someone that could translate the game in a few days. While I think it was a rather...boastful remark, this implies that there is an English patch to the rom somewhere.

Anyone have the source to this patch?
I don't know any...but I have a feeling the name "Smugleaf" is going to be in the patch...

Cornwad

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on September 22, 2010, 02:59:53 PM
I don't know any...but I have a feeling the name "Smugleaf" is going to be in the patch...
That's pretty much the official English name now. He also evolves into Smuglord.

Zero

I'd...hardly call it official. We all know its English name will not be Smugleaf in the very end.

At any rate. I've still yet to find a rom that patches the EXP limitation. I've used XDELTA to patch my rom that I obtained when it first leaked with supposed "patches" only to obtain viruses...which are swiftly identified and dealt with, but its still pretty irritating because I want to check the game out without all of these issues. It's to be expected, though.

I suppose my patience will be rewarded. It's only another 6 months or so amirite? It makes you wonder why it takes Nintendo 6 months to translate these games. It has to be region bias, I can't think of another reason.

Spud

Beta translations patches are out. Right now, it looks like it only covers town names, moves (guessing only moves learned early on), items, and the menu. I don't see anything else translated but I'm fairly early in the game. I'd post a link, but I'm not sure if I can with this DMCA enforcement.

Zero

Tsumaru

I'm on my way to the 6th gym at the moment.  This cave's encounter rate is infuriating.

JrDude

Walking causes Pokémon to appear less, and by walking I mean walking, not running. Or that's how it is in older games, I never played B/W yet.
[move][/move]
Dude .

JrDude

Serebii is being rebellious, they have the message saying they are cooperating, yet they have the pics up in the Pokédex page.
[move][/move]
Dude .