News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

The Riddler

FIRST LOL HOLY SHIT I JUST REALIZED THE LAST PIGS NAME IS EMBOAR. AWESOME.
Also, Daruma Mode Hihidaruma: At less than 50% HP, Hihidaruma's form changes.

Yay! They're reusing old stones and poop!

All special evolutions in the game:
Fire Stone-
Boappu -> Boakki

Leaf Stone-
Yanappu -> Yanakki

Water Stone-
Hiyappu -> Hiyakki

Electric Stone-
Shibibiiru -> Shibirudon

Moon Stone-
Munna -> Musharna

Sun Stone-
Monmen -> Erufuun
Churine -> Doredia

Dusk Stone-
Ranpuraa -> Shandera

Shiny Stone-
Chillarmy -> Chirachiino

Via Happiness-
Koromori -> Kokoromori.
Kurumayu -> Hahakurimo.

Via Trade-
Gantoru -> Gigaiasu
Dotekkotsu -> Roopushin

Via Trade with specific Pokemon-
Kapurumo -> Shubarugo -  Trade Kapurumo with Chobomaki
Chobomaki - > Agirudaa - Trade Chobomaki with Kapurumo

Rayquarian

Quote from: JrDude 益 on September 26, 2010, 03:00:49 AM
Serebii is being rebellious, they have the message saying they are cooperating, yet they have the pics up in the Pokédex page.
"While we have been told we can post images as per fair use, there have been numerous contradictary statements from various official people so I need to make sure what I can do before I post images. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused during our Black & White coverage"

JrDude

Yeah, I read the beginning and end last night due to tired laziness, not the changed middle.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Gwen Khan

JrDude

I just realized, they aren't being too much lazier than usual with Gear, Gigear & Gigigear, look at Magnemite & Magneton
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on September 27, 2010, 11:26:14 AM
I just realized, they aren't being too much lazier than usual with Gear, Gigear & Gigigear, look at Magnemite & Magneton
Yeah, it just seems so weird seeing one of these after so long. I thought Monozu to Jihead was weird (one head to two) but then again, Doduo gained a head when it evolved into Dodrio, without many other changes (its expressions were changed, and got a tail thingy)
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Doduo -> Dodrio, bigger, extra head, different coloration, and extra down feathers.
Magnemite -> Magneton and Diglett -> Dugtrio were lazy, yes, but not like Gear.
Gear has the same exact face. Three times.

Kayo

Quote from: It's ROBBIE! on September 27, 2010, 12:41:51 PM
Doduo -> Dodrio, bigger, extra head, different coloration, and extra down feathers.
Magnemite -> Magneton and Diglett -> Dugtrio were lazy, yes, but not like Gear.
Gear has the same exact face. Three times.
So did Magnemite. Dugtrio was Digletts that were angry.

Also Dodrio's necks were a different color, but that changed in the fourth generation.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Actually, Gear has 2 faces, Gigear loses a face when it gets butt raped by a bigger gear, then it gains a gear that is red in Gigigear, which is all more creative than Magneton.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: Kianglo on September 27, 2010, 12:47:01 PM
So did Magnemite. Dugtrio was Digletts that were angry.

Also Dodrio's necks were a different color, but that changed in the fourth generation.
Quote from: JrDude 益 on September 27, 2010, 01:11:53 PM
Actually, Gear has 2 faces, Gigear loses a face when it gets butt raped by a bigger gear, then it gains a gear that is red in Gigigear, which is all more creative than Magneton.

Gear loses one face. His main face stays in the same. exact. position. Doesn't change expression, doesn't move to a face a different way. It's the same exact sprite three times.

At the very least, Magneton's faces are facing different ways. This is one sprite that just adds poop to itself.

Edit:
Magneton is a slightly different color than Magnemite, his magnets are bigger, and each one has their magnets facing different ways rather than perfectly straight. That added onto them facing different ways is just infinitely better than the same sprite used three times. Then you add in Magnezone, which is completely different.

JrDude

New game, sprites moving, for all we (or I, you may have seen videos and I haven't) know, the gears move in oddly different ways.
or that's basically the excuse I got when I mentioned the Genie trio all looked the same.

When I think about it, those 3 should be next to each other also because of that, they should have switched the roles of the Fighting Dog trio and the Genie trio, that way, since the Fighting Dogs actually look different, it would make more sense to the eye.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on September 27, 2010, 01:51:45 PM
New game, sprites moving, for all we (or I, you may have seen videos and I haven't) know, the gears move in oddly different ways.
or that's basically the excuse I got when I mentioned the Genie trio all looked the same.

When I think about it, those 3 should be next to each other also because of that, they should have switched the roles of the Fighting Dog trio and the Genie trio, that way, since the Fighting Dogs actually look different, it would make more sense to the eye.
Maybe put all 3 after Reshiram/Zekrom. The final one is only available after both the other two are obtained, and after Reshiram or Zekrom. But splitting up is just ehhh.

Also about Gear. Odd that it loses a face, but seriously  it IS just the same sprite with more added. (Despite removing the face on Gigear, Gigigear's sprite is just Gigear's with a red gear and a spinning thing.)

But it's still cool. I imagine that it will look awesome in motion. SPINSPINSPINSPINSPIN
[move][/move]

Cornwad

From what I've seen so far, the dex is arranged in the order that you encounter the Pokemon in the wild, so ground genie being separated from the other two makes perfect sense.

This game's start menu animation is dumb, it has nothing to do with anything and I don't like it. Makes me thing I'm playing a final fantasy game or some garbage like that.

Zero

You guys are once again, over analyzing things. Fun stuff I guess.

Quote from: Cornwad on September 27, 2010, 08:11:44 PM
This game's start menu animation is dumb, it has nothing to do with anything and I don't like it. Makes me thing I'm playing a final fantasy game or some garbage like that.

lol

bluaki

I received a Japanese copy of the game (Black) yesterday :x

I can gradually give minor details that aren't floating all over the internet as I play the game.

Is the shiny rate increased? The first wild Mamepato I encountered (on Route 2) was a shiny, during a wild double battle, that I accidentally killed with my first attack of critical hit tackle (yet the other same-level bird in my double battle only lost 1/3rd of its HP on a non-crit tackle) D:
Beyond that, I obtained the first two badges yesterday and finished the giant Yaguruma Forest. Just about to enter the bridge to Hiun, it looks like.