News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Cornwad

Hey I got black too. I need to evolve my gravler 2.0 at some point, if you need to trade evolve just ask.

2nd  badge was ridiculously hard, 3rd and 4th were so easy it's not funny. I think its gonna be smooth sailing now that my pokemon know actual moves.

bluaki

Quote from: Cornwad on September 29, 2010, 03:34:44 AM
Hey I got black too. I need to evolve my gravler 2.0 at some point, if you need to trade evolve just ask.

2nd  badge was ridiculously hard, 3rd and 4th were so easy it's not funny. I think its gonna be smooth sailing now that my pokemon know actual moves.
For me, 2nd badge wasn't very hard, though I made it harder on myself by trying to train Yanappu (grass monkey) who kinda sucks for a long time.

My current battling team includes only Chaobu (fire starter) and Yanappu (grass monkey), but I think I'll later ditch Yanppu and get both Gochiru (black's psychic-type) and Pururiru (ghost squid). None seem to need trading.
I'll like the team I'm likely to use in White (English) more: water starter, Chandelier, and Rankurusu/cute jelly psychic. I think I like almost all of White's exclusives better than Black's.

Edit: I just found what I consider to be possibly the most important item location: Exp. Share is obtained in Hiun City after battling a Janitor who is located on the top (55th) floor of the "Battle Company" building near the Pokecenter in the city's main outer circle. Though 55th sounds bad, all Hiun City buildings have only three accessible floors and an elevator with rather large-numbered destinations. This is first obtainable just before the 3rd gym.

Cornwad

Oh yeah, the exp share is great for leveling up the monkey. Once your monkey gets a decent STAB move, it becomes a lot more useful.

I almost forgot how much I hate caves, but then I didn't buy any repels before going into electrorock land. Very annoying, at least the 5th and 6th gym leaders aren't even a challenge.

Rayquarian

I picked the pig because I want to save Tsutaja for my real playthrough.  The first gym was hard for me, until I got the free grass monkey, and then I kicked butt.  Second Gym was pretty easy, and the same goes for the third.

Kayo

I haven't gotten very far. I've only gotten to Yagaruma forest because I'm running it on a veeeerrryyyy slow emulator, and the slowness enrages me to a point where I'll just stop playing.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

bluaki

A few more notes from me:
1. A large number of key items can be registered, then Y will open a mini menu listing your registered key items (which can be rearranged, so that Y+A takes out bike). If you only register one item, behavior is like older games.
2. The bag's categories are: Berries, TM/HM, Key Items, Recovery/Medicine, and Etc. Within the etc category, little grey icons appear left of the name that are either a pokeball symbol (for balls) or the hold item icon (for hold items) or there's no icon next to things like Nugget and evolutionary stones. The TM/HM pocket also has icons such that TMs are grey and HMs are lavender-ish purple. The etc. pocket is even larger than previous DS games, with its balls and battle items (X Attack). But, the bag has optional automatic sorting of items. By default, newly obtained items are moved to the top rather than bottom of the list.
3. Saving takes about 6~10 seconds on a legitimate game cart.
4. So far, I'm liking Isshu quite a bit. Although many of its routes are large and have optional pathways, they don't feel like a drag.
5. You battle your rivals rather frequently and the scenes give a bit of a feeling like you're seeing their growth and change throughout the adventure. They might make a friend they want to help and stay with, can have a family member come to question their interests, and they're often affected by Team Plasma's deeds. Although to a smaller extent than Belle/Cheren, even N has some of this. (and I'm proud of myself for knowing enough Japanese to figure this all out <3)
6. The PC UI is similar to that of HG/SS, but with minor improvements (party dialogue automatically moves out of your way is a major one)

Cornwad

Isshu is really different. I haven't even found a fishing rod yet, there's barely any water as far as I can tell.

bluaki

Quote from: Cornwad on September 30, 2010, 04:23:29 PM
Isshu is really different. I haven't even found a fishing rod yet, there's barely any water as far as I can tell.
I believe that only one fishing rod exists in the games, which is a nice break after having an Old Rod for Magikarp Only and a Good Rod for Mostly Magikarp + occasionally one or two other pokemon. Only Super Rod.

Kayo

Blu, how do I get the PC box and the Party to be side-by-side? I miss that from HGSS, and if it's in B/W I just haven't found it yet.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

bluaki

Quote from: Kianglo on October 01, 2010, 12:14:26 PM
Blu, how do I get the PC box and the Party to be side-by-side? I miss that from HGSS, and if it's in B/W I just haven't found it yet.
In two ways; in move mode you can:
Deposit by opening party, selecting a pokemon, and hovering outside the party dialog to automatically move it to the side.
Withdraw by dragging pokemon, hovering over "Party" icon in bottom-left, and watch the party open.
Use a mode similar to "orange glove" of previous games (now blue arrow)
--Toggled on/off with Select button, also can be exited with B
--At first, opens the box selection thing in the right-side area where the menu usually is placed
--Offers a party button which will move the party to that side area
--Only pick up one pokemon on A press, but Y opens Summary page.

One more PC note: Pressing X at any time now exits all the way out of the PC in a single button. No confirmation dialog, it does not return to the withdraw/deposit/etc menu, and it doesn't even return to the Shouro's PC/My PC/Prof's PC menu. You essentially unplugged the computer.

Using Black version, my first rotation battle was in the town with the 5th gym. I have yet to see a triple battle.
Shijika and Tamagetake both first appear in the route after that, Route 6. The deer has a science building dedicated to it and the season feature, while Tamagetake has a couple pseudo-item placements on that route. Both appear both wild and in trainers' parties on this route.

Cornwad

Oh, so that's what that building was for. The rotation battles are crazy, I haven't seen and triple either yet. I finally caught derpfish, which is awesome.

Rayquarian

The sand croc kicks butt in battle.  I have yet to encounter a derpbat.

FruitFlow

Sounds like you guys are having a blast with your imports.
I'm tempted to importing, but I'd rather wait for the american release.  :P

The sand croc should be named Sandasaur, because its evolutions look more like a dino than a croc.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

bluaki

Quote from: Porygon2Me on October 01, 2010, 11:22:09 PM
Sounds like you guys are having a blast with your imports.
I'm tempted to importing, but I'd rather wait for the american release.  :P
I think that, for me, the import wouldn't feel worthwhile if I couldn't read as much Japanese as I can. It would feel more worthwhile if I knew more Japanese and stopped to read almost all of the dialogue and learn from it, but oh well.

Quote from: Cornwad on October 01, 2010, 09:31:22 PM
Oh, so that's what that building was for. The rotation battles are crazy, I haven't seen and triple either yet. I finally caught derpfish, which is awesome.
You're also using Black Version? That Rotation Battle I mentioned becomes a normal Triple Battle in White.
Even if you can't read anything, the pictures of trees and seasonal things should give you an idea what that building was for.

Before traveling to Route 6, or at least before entering the cave (Electric Rock Cave, or something like that), I definitely recommend stocking up on Super Repels. It felt like one of the longest caves in the Pokemon series and I didn't realize that until I was too far in to turn back and buy repels :x
Wilds in it include: Gear, Bachuru (electric spider), and Tesshido (Grass/Steel). None of which can be captured anywhere else. The new Graveler-like Rock Pokemon, Gantoro, also appears in the basement. Strangely, the cave at first seemed to have a really low wild encounter rate and it took me a long time to see each of those four Pokemon once each, but once I saw any Pokemon once it became extremely and annoyingly common.
It's also worth knowing ahead of time that a Doctor exists near the entrance to the Basement floor. The Doctor trainer class in this game will heal all your Pokemon after you beat him and any time you talk to him after that; I've so far seen two of them, with the other being in the giant side-desert area off of Route 4 where the fossil, Desumasu, and a few other things can be found.

Zero

Nurse Trainers also heal your pokemon. There's one just outside the entrance to Yamaskdjflakjsdfu forest.

I'm not very far, haven't got the 2nd badge yet because frankly, I hate using an emulator(even though it runs almost flawlessly). I stopped playing but it was a really nice preview of the game seeing as we won't be getting it stateside until March.