News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

bluaki

Quote from: Cornwad on October 04, 2010, 09:26:58 PM
I've been fiddling around with the Global Link. I've made an account but I have no idea how to do anything else. If you can find out how to get to the dream world bluaki, please tell me.
Dream World is currently disabled and I heard it'll be back up on next Monday.
There's not much else to do with Global Link. You can click the pink icon with a DS (Customize) to download an alternate pokedex or C-Gear background; the former appears on that useless screen you have to touch before entering the actual Pokedex.

There's some link battle record-tracking system on it too, but it's kinda useless. And a popularity poll you should stay away from when you can't read Japanese.

How did you manage to make an account without being able to read Japanese? How could you even tell what field was for birth year/month/day, password, screenname, or location? I think it seemed odd that it asks for location and just entered Tokyo Region from the long drop-down box.

Cornwad

I had Google translator set up, so I had a rough idea of what was going on. I chose Okinawa for location, because Mr. Miyagi is from there.

Kayo

I'm awfully tired of the slowness of my horrible DS Emulator, so I'm just gonna wait until the english release. And I have never found out how/where to get it imported.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

Play-Asia has it extremely expensive and ebay has it too. I don't know about the other places.

So I was playing HGSS so I could trade my pokemon to my JP Pearl so I could trade them over to Black, and it's pretty ridiculous that they took away the pokemon following you. It's so awesome, it better be in gray.

bluaki

Quote from: Cornwad on October 07, 2010, 03:38:49 PM
Play-Asia has it extremely expensive and ebay has it too. I don't know about the other places.

So I was playing HGSS so I could trade my pokemon to my JP Pearl so I could trade them over to Black, and it's pretty ridiculous that they took away the pokemon following you. It's so awesome, it better be in gray.
Are you sure you even need to transfer to Japanese Pearl? I know that Pal Park was region locked, but that's because the GBA Pokemon games of differing regions were completely incompatible and could not trade. I would expect this new weird minigame transfer mechanism to be region-free.

Cornwad

bluaki

Though the bag has an auto-sort feature by pressing Start:
TMs/Berries are always sorted numerically without this and cannot be reordered.
Recovery Items pocket seems properly organized by type of item. Potions are all together sorted by degree of recovery, status recovery items are all together, etc.
Key Items are also properly organized. First are the usable ones, like Bicycle and Fishing Rod, while the bottom has unusable things like tickets. The former are sorted further by how much they expect you to use it and the latter are sorted by when you are expected to obtain it in the game. There are fewer unusable key items than in most past games.

The Etc. pocket is the one with organizational issues. The top-level sort is logical: hold items first, other things (like field use or valuables) second, battle stat boosters (like X Attack), and balls last. Within those sorts, Balls are sorted logically; Poke, Great, and Ultra are the first three.
The other two sections, which make up what Gen 4 considered Etc and make up the majority of items in the entire game, are both sorted alphabetically. Do not expect at all to find, for example, all plates next to each other. Or evolutionary stones next to each other. You won't even find the three types of Repel in order next to each other. Sorting by index number probably would be much better than this.
This alphabetical sort may be changed some in the English games, but in Japanese, it's sorted by their equivalent of alphabetical order (kana order)

You can organize these yourself, but if you press Start even once in the bag, your organization is destroyed.
Thankfully, unlike the Sinnoh games, you aren't doomed to scroll through your bag forever. A scrollbar exists on the side of the screen that you can drag if you have some relative idea of where the item you're searching for is located on it.

Another note on items: All previous balls, other than Kurt's, are available for buying. Most Pokemon Centers sell a couple of them and the department store sells all of them except Dive and Luxury. Dive Balls haven't been so easily obtainable since R/S, but their effect did change in Gen 4 and B/W inherited this change: functionality on all Pokemon found in the water, including surf and fishing. No new balls are introduced.

Gwen Khan

Quote from: bluaki on October 10, 2010, 07:23:08 AM
Another note on items: All previous balls, other than Kurt's, are available for buying. Most Pokemon Centers sell a couple of them and the department store sells all of them except Dive and Luxury. Dive Balls haven't been so easily obtainable since R/S, but their effect did change in Gen 4 and B/W inherited this change: functionality on all Pokemon found in the water, including surf and fishing. No new balls are introduced.

"Only one new Poké Ball was introduced in Pokémon Black and White. All Poké Balls of previous generations are programmed into the game, however, the Generation II Poké Balls are unobtainable without hacking and cannot be used to catch Pokémon." that from bulbapedia so there were wrong huh?

Cornwad

Quote from: Gwen Khan on October 10, 2010, 08:29:36 AM
"Only one new Poké Ball was introduced in Pokémon Black and White. All Poké Balls of previous generations are programmed into the game, however, the Generation II Poké Balls are unobtainable without hacking and cannot be used to catch Pokémon." that from bulbapedia so there were wrong huh?
They might be talking about whatever the new Pal Park ball is.

Custom

Quote from: Kianglo on October 07, 2010, 12:11:28 PM
I'm awfully tired of the slowness of my horrible DS Emulator, so I'm just gonna wait until the english release. And I have never found out how/where to get it imported.

that's pretty sad
there are like a billion import sites
hurdurr

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

bluaki

Quote from: Gwen Khan on October 10, 2010, 08:29:36 AM
The "new ball" is as much of a Pokeball as a Pal Park Ball, Snag Ball, or GS Ball; it's not really a Pokeball you'll use on wilds and I think its identity may even be lost on the summary page.
I think it's used for bringing in Pokemon from Dream World.

Custom

we should know discuss that fire/ghost type pokemon
best pokemon ever intercourse ing made

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Mystic

Quote from: CUSTOM THE HERO on October 10, 2010, 10:39:40 AM
Fire Pokemon are intercourse ing sexy.

Kayo

Quote from: CUSTOM THE HERO on October 10, 2010, 10:31:53 AM
that's pretty sad
there are like a billion import sites
hurdurr
Expensive.

Quote from: CUSTOM THE HERO on October 10, 2010, 10:39:40 AM

i loved it since i first saw it <3
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

bluaki

Quote from: Kianglo on October 10, 2010, 06:56:57 PM

i loved it since i first saw it <3
So did I <3

But, I'm probably not using it in either of my plays of B/W. Not only is it not available until very late in the game (around 5th-6th gym or something), but I started with the fire-type in my Japanese game and I'm considering using Victini for the English game.

Since I have already played through the game and everything, maybe I should breed it some and give you guys eggs to have it earlier in the game? I can easily tack on TM moves like Flamethrower and Shadow Ball into those eggs as well.