News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Gwen Khan

Quote from: bluaki on October 10, 2010, 07:11:27 PM
So did I <3

But, I'm probably not using it in either of my plays of B/W. Not only is it not available until very late in the game (around 5th-6th gym or something), but I started with the fire-type in my Japanese game and I'm considering using Victini for the English game.

Since I have already played through the game and everything, maybe I should breed it some and give you guys eggs to have it earlier in the game? I can easily tack on TM moves like Flamethrower and Shadow Ball into those eggs as well.

I'll take one

Cornwad

Candle is so strong its intercourse ing crazy, I hate fighting against the one in the E4.

My team right now is:
Trashbag
Retard
Derpfish
Pringles
Rough Skin Dragon
Dunsparce

bluaki

Am I like the only person who doesn't play through Pokemon games with a full party? I tend to use three or sometimes two actual battlers.
I think that three Pokemon is plenty and training more should never be needed during the main story. Up to the Elite Four, on my game, I used Emboar, Gochiruzeru (lolita tower), and Yanakki (grass monkey). After I got an Energy Ball TM and taught it to Gochi shortly after E4, I stopped training Yanakki and have only been using two. And now, I've finished exploring the entire region.

I'm already pretty far towards finishing collecting all Isshu Pokemon; I've even collected every single breedable White-exclusive from GTS (or, in Washibon's case, Serebii's IRC, because not a single trainer in the game owns it to be marked as seen) as well as the starters, monkeys, and fossils. Within a short time, I think I'll have my "live Pokedex" PC boxes filled up for all currently-obtainable Gen 5 Pokemon.

Cornwad

I'm going to save catching them all and stuff for when I can actually understand what's going on. Now I just want to battle people on Wifi.

I'm so mad that my AR doesn't work. I'm not going to bother EV training until the games come out in America, probably with working ARs.

Kayo

I'd love one of those early, blu :D

Also, how are we going to get Victini? Will it be available on Wi-Fi?  Or will it be an in-store event where you pick up the game >_>
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

bluaki

I'm not entirely sure, but I think HM moves can be overwritten easily; I noticed my HM slave (sea turtle) lost one move when left in daycare.
With TMs also being reusable and untradeable, the only distinction between TMs and HMs left now appears to be that HMs are completely necessary to explore the world. Flash, a TM, can be used to light caves, but the only two dark caves are optional and it's always possible to venture blindly through a cave. Dive is an HM, but its only purpose is to enter one optional location in which you can collect most plates and quite a few valuables.

If it hasn't been pointed out before, the trading interface is significantly changed. You can trade Pokemon from your PC boxes.
Quote from: Kianglo on October 11, 2010, 06:13:21 PM
I'd love one of those early, blu :D

Also, how are we going to get Victini? Will it be available on Wi-Fi?  Or will it be an in-store event where you pick up the game >_>
For Japan, it was (and still is) a Wi-Fi event lasting for exactly one month after the game released. Ends in like a week from now.

Judging by the past events in Gen 4, Japan's Wi-Fi events seem to translate directly to US as Wi-Fi events. Regarding timing, I think there's specific marketing reasons they chose to make it be the first month after launch, so that's likely to stay the same for us as well, but there's still some chance of it being months later. Of course, NOA hasn't mentioned anything about this, hardly mentioning B/W yet in the first place.

Kayo

Quote from: bluaki on October 12, 2010, 03:26:23 AM
I'm not entirely sure, but I think HM moves can be overwritten easily; I noticed my HM slave (sea turtle) lost one move when left in daycare.
With TMs also being reusable and untradeable, the only distinction between TMs and HMs left now appears to be that HMs are completely necessary to explore the world. Flash, a TM, can be used to light caves, but the only two dark caves are optional and it's always possible to venture blindly through a cave. Dive is an HM, but its only purpose is to enter one optional location in which you can collect most plates and quite a few valuables.

If it hasn't been pointed out before, the trading interface is significantly changed. You can trade Pokemon from your PC boxes.For Japan, it was (and still is) a Wi-Fi event lasting for exactly one month after the game released. Ends in like a week from now.

Judging by the past events in Gen 4, Japan's Wi-Fi events seem to translate directly to US as Wi-Fi events. Regarding timing, I think there's specific marketing reasons they chose to make it be the first month after launch, so that's likely to stay the same for us as well, but there's still some chance of it being months later. Of course, NOA hasn't mentioned anything about this, hardly mentioning B/W yet in the first place.
Mass trading FTW. Also, good. I can still get Victini. I love WiFi events, they're so easy <33
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

I just hope Victini isn't uber so that whenever we get it, I can actually use it.

chaosgear

I was playing White earlier, and it helped me realize...
...how frikin in love I am with Yooterii!!!
Someone help me find a gif of it! NOW!

JrDude

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure Daycare was always able to get rid of HMs.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Magnum

Quote from: bluaki on October 10, 2010, 07:11:27 PM
So did I <3

But, I'm probably not using it in either of my plays of B/W. Not only is it not available until very late in the game (around 5th-6th gym or something), but I started with the fire-type in my Japanese game and I'm considering using Victini for the English game.

Since I have already played through the game and everything, maybe I should breed it some and give you guys eggs to have it earlier in the game? I can easily tack on TM moves like Flamethrower and Shadow Ball into those eggs as well.
Me love you long time if you do this :3

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Kayo

[move][/move]

bluaki

Dream World is up today.

And now picture time:

This rainbow? You need to cross it to reach the wild Pokemon.

When you find a dream world Pokemon, you have to play a minigame. Those I've seen so far include:
-Playing as a Wailord with a water spout, like a pong paddle, that can catch and carry falling Pokemon. Clicking the mouse button fires them upwards, and you're supposed to make each Pokemon hit all the lowered orbs of their pattern. Eventually, you have to manage four Pokemon: Piplup, Pikachu, Buizel, and Meowth. If one falls, I believe you lose points and another of the same species falls back down in a minute.
-Playing as a flying Pelipper, having it try to follow your mouse pointer, to make it collect water orbs and avoid electric orbs and clouds.

Yeah, I'm not very excited for this stuff. It's typical kids' minigames. Maybe my little sister will like it. And their target audience.

Cornwad

bluaki

Quote from: Cornwad on October 13, 2010, 07:25:50 PM
So what pokemon are available right now?
It's not like they're event Pokemon; I think it's random encounters with old Pokemon. I don't feel like playing enough to figure out more, but the ones I saw are Stantler, Tangela, and Lotad.