News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on February 02, 2011, 06:04:46 PM
Also, "Cryogonal" comes from "cryo" (ice) and "hexagonal" (six-sided), in case you didn't know. If your "wat" was out of shock rather than confusion, then I agree it is a strange name... although, it looks strange too. It's clearly a snowflake, but it's not a very good-looking one.
I assumed as much.. it just looks so weird.

W wild CRYOGONAL appeared! <- if i saw that i'd be like "wut"
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Alright, so, Victini is freaking awesome, and one of my favorite pokemon already, and if it isn't uber then it will definitely be on my team, BUT...

Does anyone know when you can get it? I know there's an event on March 6th, but what I mean is when in the game can you get it? As soon as you reach Castelia City? After you beat the Elite 4? After you complete the Dex?

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on February 03, 2011, 08:58:24 PM
Alright, so, Victini is freaking awesome, and one of my favorite pokemon already, and if it isn't uber then it will definitely be on my team, BUT...

Does anyone know when you can get it? I know there's an event on March 6th, but what I mean is when in the game can you get it? As soon as you reach Castelia City? After you beat the Elite 4? After you complete the Dex?
Definitely not too late. It's in the regional dex as #000. I think i may have heard Castelia City, unless that was something different.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on February 03, 2011, 10:08:58 PM
Definitely not too late. It's in the regional dex as #000. I think i may have heard Castelia City, unless that was something different.

You have to get to Castelia City to get the boat that takes you to Victini's location, but I'm wondering if you need to beat the Elite 4 or complete the dex before you can take that boat.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on February 03, 2011, 10:16:47 PM
You have to get to Castelia City to get the boat that takes you to Victini's location, but I'm wondering if you need to beat the Elite 4 or complete the dex before you can take that boat.
Victini is caught at level 15, and there are a few Plasma Grunts on the island as well, who use pokemon all under level 20. If you needed to beat the Elite 4 first, the levels would be higher. Also, I've seen Japanese footage of someone battling the Elite 4.. using Victini.

I'm 95% sure you can get it upon arrival in Castelia City. 100% sure you can get it before you even get 3 badges.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on February 04, 2011, 01:04:35 PM
Victini is caught at level 15, and there are a few Plasma Grunts on the island as well, who use pokemon all under level 20. If you needed to beat the Elite 4 first, the levels would be higher. Also, I've seen Japanese footage of someone battling the Elite 4.. using Victini.

I'm 95% sure you can get it upon arrival in Castelia City. 100% sure you can get it before you even get 3 badges.
Trading legendaries before reaching the Elite 4 is possible, you know...

Kayo

Quote from: BlackMageChris on February 04, 2011, 01:20:50 PM
Trading legendaries before reaching the Elite 4 is possible, you know...
It was a ROM. Either way, that's not the only reason you can get Victini early.

Oh, and if you couldn't go to Liberty Island before you got the dex, you couldn't get a Victini in trade either. It works like Rotom did in D/P: it was a new pokemon that wasn't part of the regional dex, and you must beat the elite 4 and get the national dex before you can own one, either by catching or trading.

Yes, Rotom was at level 15, just like Victini. But on Vitini's island, there are Plasma Grunts you have to battle.. who use pokemon at the same levels you'd expect trainers' pokemon to be around that point in the game.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on February 04, 2011, 01:39:02 PM
It was a ROM. Either way, that's not the only reason you can get Victini early.

Oh, and if you couldn't go to Liberty Island before you got the dex, you couldn't get a Victini in trade either. It works like Rotom did in D/P: it was a new pokemon that wasn't part of the regional dex, and you must beat the elite 4 and get the national dex before you can own one, either by catching or trading.

Yes, Rotom was at level 15, just like Victini. But on Vitini's island, there are Plasma Grunts you have to battle.. who use pokemon at the same levels you'd expect trainers' pokemon to be around that point in the game.
Hacking a ROM is possible, you know...

Kayo

[move][/move]

Kayo

Oh also, this is on the first post, but no one reads that so:

Note about the English names:
A list had been floating around the internet for a few weeks now of all the new pokemon (minus Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genosect) with their english names. While is was at first only regarded as a rumor, the list has so far been completely accurate with the names that were later "officially" released. So, while I don't know how such a list got out there, all new names being released are already on the list. I highly doubt it's a strange coincidence. However, there's no connection to it on the official website, so remember to be careful with it. While it has a 90% chance of being accurate, some people are still on the fence about its authenticity.

Be that as it may, Serebii claims the list was "confirmed." I warn you not to believe theme names entirely until either the official website reveals them or the game is released in March. But to me, this list seems pretty legitimate. Here's a link so you can see them all:

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on February 04, 2011, 04:32:40 PM
Did you even bother to read the rest of my post?
I did, you...

Oh, whatever. I'll just go get my Victini when I get the game, then. :P

Kayo

Quote from: BlackMageChris on February 04, 2011, 04:44:16 PM
I did, you...

Oh, whatever. I'll just go get my Victini when I get the game, then. :P
And you'll get to use it as soon as you reach Castelia City (or right after)
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Good names:
Victini, Snivy, Serviper, Pignite, Emboar, Dewott, Purrloin, Liepard, Pidove, Tranquill (actually love this one), Drilbur, Timbur, Gurdurr, Sandile, Krokorok, Krookodile (until the name was shown, I didn't get that he was supposed to be a thief with the black around his eyes. Just thought he was evil.), Tirtouga, Trubbish, Minccino (though I liked Chillarmy better), Ducklett, Swanna, Deerling, Sawsbuck, Frillish, Jellicent, Joltik, Eelektrik, Litwik, Lampent, Cubshoo, Beartic, Rufflet (but I will still call him Washibon), Braviary (but Wargle was better), Durant (Iront was better), Genesect.

All other names: Shit.

Kayo

Quote from: Cecil Harvey on February 04, 2011, 05:54:47 PM
Good names:
Victini, Snivy, Serviper,
Seviper was revealed 8 years ago. But I assume you mean Serperior. 
QuotePignite, Emboar, Dewott, Purrloin, Liepard, Pidove, Tranquill (actually love this one), Drilbur, Timbur, Gurdurr, Sandile, Krokorok, Krookodile (until the name was shown, I didn't get that he was supposed to be a thief with the black around his eyes. Just thought he was evil.), Tirtouga, Trubbish, Minccino (though I liked Chillarmy better), Ducklett,  Swanna, Deerling, Sawsbuck, Frillish, Jellicent, Joltik, Eelektrik,
Eelektrik was too cheesy in my opinion. I see what they're doing, I can't think of any better way to name it, it makes sense, it just sounds too cheesy to me.
QuoteLitwik, Lampent,
I liked Chandelure more than Lampent :/
QuoteCubshoo, Beartic,
These are still too cheesy for me
QuoteRufflet (but I will still call him Washibon),
Love Rufflet <3
QuoteBraviary (but Wargle was better), Durant (Iront was better), Genesect.
We're not positive on Genosect yet.
[move][/move]