News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on March 07, 2011, 07:34:43 AM
... if it's out now....

should this thread even still exist? I mean, we don't have an "Official R&S/3rd gen Discussion Thread."

I guess this thread could just be used for general talking until the games have been out for a bit...
Should this thread still exist? Of course. I'm tossing polls and stuff there too. Plus the game just came out, and there's a whole new change to competitive battling. We need to adjust.

Quote from: Negative Vibes on March 07, 2011, 01:28:33 PM
Still having no luck.
5% chance in shaking grass, I'm pretty sure. You'll mostly find Audino, so don't get your hopes up.

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Quote from: Kayo on March 07, 2011, 02:06:43 PM
5% chance in shaking grass, I'm pretty sure. You'll mostly find Audino, so don't get your hopes up.
In the tall patches or short patches?
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Cornwad

I never had any trouble finding both in my japanese black version. I would move on and check back later.

Kayo

I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

Wait, does the English version work with classic DS action replays? Now that would be a reason for me to get this.

SkyMyl

I haven't kept up with the news so pardon me if this is common knowledge or whatever, but did the critical hit ratio in White increase at all in comparison to every other game?

FruitFlow

Quote from: SkyMyl on March 07, 2011, 03:17:29 PM
I haven't kept up with the news so pardon me if this is common knowledge or whatever, but did the critical hit ratio in White increase at all in comparison to every other game?
Nah, it's still the same as the others.
Although it does feel as if CHs occur more often in this Gen.

This Gen actually feels really fast paced.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Negative Vibes on March 07, 2011, 03:43:03 PM
This Gen actually feels really fast paced.
Thought seeing rain, sandstorm, hail, and sunny days animations were taking up time? Just look at the touch screen for confirmation!

Using a Potion and then go back to the menu to use another Potion? Use as many as you want in the party screen!

Battles? Faster!

Mash A button endlessly after winning? It does work now!

Kayo

Battles are so much more fun. Don't think I can go back now.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

I love how much faster they move. Tap A to go faster! Finally. Makes level grinding and battles with trainers go by so much faster.

Gwen Khan

Kayo

[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

I regret not naming my female trainer Hilda because that's the apparent canon name she has. I instead named her White.

And the dude's name is Hilbert.

Kayo

I always try to make it a unique variation of my name, possibly tying in the version name. This time, something beginning with B, for Black (lolk).

I named myself Beto. Since Beto is a shortening of my name in Spanish (Roberto)

haters gon' hate
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

I still have 2 open spots left in my party.
And the last 2 Pokemon I want are far from my reach.