News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

The Official B&W/5th gen Discussion Thread - GAMES OUT EVERYWHERE

Started by Kayo, May 13, 2010, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So, which version did you get? (Or are getting)

Pokémon Black
6 (35.3%)
Pokémon White
5 (29.4%)
Pokémon Black AND Pokémon White
4 (23.5%)
Neither, and don't plan to.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Neerb

Wow, Zebstrika made the 6th and 7th gyms REALLY REALLY REALLY easy. Hopefully the 8th gym will be more difficult (I assume it will, given that the only Dragon counter on my team is an Archeops with Dragon Tail).

At any rate, I'm now at Dragon Spiral Tower and have a fully evolved team in its late 30s:

Samurott
Zebstrika
Lilligant
Victini
Zoroark
Archeops

I originally was going to use Gigalith instead of Archeops, but then I realized I'd need a flyer. It's worked out, though; Archeops is a freaking monster of a pokemon, especially with a 110 stab move (Acrobatics without item). Granted, he loses health fast, and once he gets half-way down his ability renders his attacks useless, but he's fast enough to make it work against these NPCs.

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on March 09, 2011, 04:50:18 PM
Funny, I sigilyphs all the time.
On Black? I've seen a significantly HIGH amount Maractus and Dwebble, and a grand total of TWO Sigilyphs. Even though they're all 10%.

Quote from: Neerb on March 09, 2011, 05:01:50 PM
Wow, Zebstrika made the 6th and 7th gyms REALLY REALLY REALLY easy. Hopefully the 8th gym will be more difficult (I assume it will, given that the only Dragon counter on my team is an Archeops with Dragon Tail).

At any rate, I'm now at Dragon Spiral Tower and have a fully evolved team in its late 30s:

Samurott
Zebstrika
Lilligant
Victini
Zoroark
Archeops

I originally was going to use Gigalith instead of Archeops, but then I realized I'd need a flyer. It's worked out, though; Archeops is a freaking monster of a pokemon, especially with a 110 stab move (Acrobatics without item). Granted, he loses health fast, and once he gets half-way down his ability renders his attacks useless, but he's fast enough to make it work against these NPCs.
I need a flyer. But my team is torn between 8 Pokemon so I currently rotate. What I'll do for the E4? Hell if I know.

My dragon stuff has been covered, once I concluded that my Solosis's Hidden Power is a rather high-powered Dragon type. Awesome little blob.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Awesome. I got to Victini. I paralyzed it. When I started chucking Balls at it, I realized, "Wow, I REALLY came unprepared for this, I can't even buy Ultra Balls yet, and I only have 2" And I also had 5 Great Balls and 7 Pokéballs. I used them all and failed. Then I decided "well, I'll chuck this 1 Premier Ball and then restart" and the Premier Ball CAUGHT IT.
It's cool to catch legendaries in Pokéballs, but is it cooler to catch them in Premier Balls? If not I STILL THINK I'M COOL, and that's all that matters.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

I'm waiting until I beat the game to grab Victini. I kind of want to use it competitively, so I'll be trying for nature and stuff. I have all of march though. NO PROBLEM
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Quote from: Kayo on March 09, 2011, 06:29:14 PM
I'm waiting until I beat the game to grab Victini. I kind of want to use it competitively, so I'll be trying for nature and stuff. I have all of march though. NO PROBLEM
Um, easy solution. Catch it, don't train it yet.
Or
Get Liberty Pass, don't go to Island (yet)
or the first option.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Kayo

Quote from: JrDude 益 on March 09, 2011, 06:44:43 PM
Um, easy solution. Catch it, don't train it yet.
Or
Get Liberty Pass, don't go to Island (yet)
or the first option.
Uh, first option definitely won't work.

I'm aiming for NATURE. That means, either transfer over a Synchronizer or spend hours SRing for the right nature. Don't feel like going through that now. I could get the Liberty Pass now, but again, I have more than enough time to do that. I'll finish the game before the event ends.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

You get screwed over if you evolve the elemental monkeys very early because they STOP learning skills through leveling after evolving, no matter where they are.

Nayrman

Caught Reshiram on my first Ultra Ball.... wow. And caught Volcan...whatever *The bug/Fire thing* on my third Ultra ball. How curious...

Kayo

Quote from: PuttyChris on March 09, 2011, 08:11:29 PM
You get screwed over if you evolve the elemental monkeys very early because they STOP learning skills through leveling after evolving, no matter where they are.
Most things that evolve from Stones don't learn level-up moves. The downside to being able to evolve as early as level 1.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on March 09, 2011, 08:12:44 PM
Caught Reshiram on my first Ultra Ball.... wow. And caught Volcan...whatever *The bug/Fire thing* on my third Ultra ball. How curious...
Wrong thread.

FruitFlow

I hope Soothe Bell and Luxury Ball is in this.
I really need to evolve my Woobat fast.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Shattered Spirit on March 09, 2011, 08:57:32 PM
I hope Soothe Bell and Luxury Ball is in this.
I really need to evolve my Woobat fast.
[spoiler]They are.[/spoiler]

FruitFlow

Quote from: PuttyChris on March 09, 2011, 09:02:42 PM
[spoiler]They are.[/spoiler]
Sweet.
Also, I don't think you really need to use Spoiler tags here since this entire thread is already filled with open spoilers.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

JrDude

Quote from: PuttyChris on March 09, 2011, 08:11:29 PM
Yeah, luckily I won't be using them (except as filler Pokémon so Pokémon I catch will auto-go to PC), so I evolved one.
[move][/move]
Dude .

FruitFlow

Doesn't that normally apply to all Stone evolving pokemon?